• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16: Who Will Win - Steelers @ Patriots?

Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers by 25

NE secondary is weak.

Next
Not to be rude, but Pitt's defense, secondary included, is much worse. If anything, they cancel out. DeAngelo Williams is a husk at this point, and Bryant is suspended as well with Bell. I would have (and I believed I did at one point) pick Pitt in this game if they didn't have huge losses in this game, but they do.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, but did you see what some really bad offensive teams did to us? i guess u probably didnt, being pre season........i mean gaping holes to run through, no pass rush, and our secondary is awful, its basically prevent D style D. just give up chunks and chunks of yards, thing is they dont prevent the score......keep in mind no marty b, no Bell.........

That was pre season Steel, nobody shows their good stuff during those overhyped scrimages, and with all the trying players out and creating bad scenarios for them to see how they would be in a real game situation, you can't draw a definenate anlysis from that junk...
Wow, I never thought I would be trying to convince a Pitts fan to believe in his team, but I think you are selling them short on this one my friend....
Tomlin is no sloutch at preparing his team either, and you surely don't think he's gonna put a bunch of inept players out on the field for the real season do you ?
Steelers win handily, I'm booking it !! :nod:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat's record vs AFC at Gillette with Brady as QB is pretty sick it's over .850 and won 41 straight at one point in reg season

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be rude, but Pitt's defense, secondary included, is much worse. If anything, they cancel out. DeAngelo Williams is a husk at this point, and Bryant is suspended as well with Bell. I would have (and I believed I did at one point) pick Pitt in this game if they didn't have huge losses in this game, but they do.

NE is counting on getting to Ben R with its front 7. Pitt does a good job of allowing Ben R time to do what he does even against good secondary's. Which NE isn't.

The difference in Pitt having a bad secondary and NE having a bad secondary if a NE player screws up the ball is down the field 70 yds. If a Pitt players screws up in the secondary it's a 3 yd gain bc the ball was only thrown 2.

Last edited:

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter who wins ... I'm happy with this matchup as the first game ... I'll get to see some answers to the pats biggest mystery ... their D without last years stars ... against a highly touted offense

... and Pitts should be happy to test against the champs at foxboro

At least we can scratch those preseason performances ...

Here's to the season start ... :suds: Finally!!

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference in Pitt having a bad secondary and NE having a bad secondary if a NE player screws up the ball is down the field 70 yds. If a Pitt players screws up in the secondary it's a 3 yd gain bc the ball was only thrown 2.

... 2 and wobbly ... but in Gronk 's hands

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter who wins ... I'm happy with this matchup as the first game ... I'll get to see some answers to the pats biggest mystery ... their D without last years stars ... against a highly touted offense

... and Pitts should be happy to test against the champs at foxboro

At least we can scratch those preseason performances ...

Here's to the season start ... :suds: Finally!!

Agree with that.

Should be a great matchup.

:suds:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be a homer and pick the Steelers but with these two D's whoever's Offense gets the ball last will win it with a last minute drive.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played the Ravens 4 times in the playoffs last year? *wow* that's something.

The title of the thread is Patriots-Steelers. There are other threads for continued silliness.
NWPATSFAN
Pats contiune to baffle AFCN defence's. Pats D underrated. One weapon for the Patsto shut down shouldn't be an issue. Pats w/o Blount (suspended), Wayne/Gray released still have too much talent on the offensive side of the ball for Pitt. BB has the Pats ready like always. Pats by 10 take them even with the highest spread for week one.

^when you make a broad claim such as"Pats continue to baffle AFCN defenses" you invite facts not only from the regular season but also from the playoffs. 2-2 against the Ravens isn't baffling in fact when the Ravens have beaten NE on its homefield it has been by a combined 34 points when the Patriots have won it has been by a combined 7 points. I would say in the playoffs for the Ravens it has been the Ravens that have "baffled" NE.

So far as your suggestion of "other threads for silliness" I recommend you corral your fellow Patriot fans or take a look at threads such as "Baltimore Ravens" which are riddled with insults. In fact the first comment to the thread is an insult by a NE fan and the thread drives into the dicth on/off after that.

Get over it.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats contiune to baffle AFCN defence's. Pats D underrated. One weapon for the Patsto shut down shouldn't be an issue. Pats w/o Blount (suspended), Wayne/Gray released still have too much talent on the offensive side of the ball for Pitt. BB has the Pats ready like always. Pats by 10 take them even with the highest spread for week one.

^when you make a broad claim such as"Pats continue to baffle AFCN defenses" you invite facts not only from the regular season but also from the playoffs. 2-2 against the Ravens isn't baffling in fact when the Ravens have beaten NE on its homefield it has been by a combined 34 points when the Patriots have won it has been by a combined 7 points. I would say in the playoffs for the Ravens it has been the Ravens that have "baffled" NE.

It's not 2009 anymore and this thread is not about the Ravens..

So far as your suggestion of "other threads for silliness" I recommend you corral your fellow Patriot fans or take a look at threads such as "Baltimore Ravens" which are riddled with insults. In fact the first comment to the thread is an insult by a NE fan and the thread drives into the dicth on/off after that.

Get over it.

Yes that's what I'm saying..

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not 2009 anymore and this thread is not about the Ravens..

Yes that's what I'm saying..

It's not 2009 anymore?

Not sure what that means?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
edlemantaunt.jpg

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On your homefield... Ravens Baby!

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady or no brady, steelers d just looks atrocious, i mean atrocius, i cant say they hang with the defending superbowl champs

Sadly, this is where I'm at, too.:L Hopefully the defense can pull it all together sometime this season, but I'm just not seeing it for Thursday.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, this is where I'm at, too.:L Hopefully the defense can pull it all together sometime this season, but I'm just not seeing it for Thursday.

Do u think the scraps in the secondary NE puts in the field can hang with the Steelers wrs?

I don't and I want Pitt to lose but my mind tells me Ben chews them up.