• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16: The Baltimore Ravens Thread

How Far Will the Ravens Go in 2015-16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Razzle

razzled? I Thot I pressed 1 for English I guess not?

We expected to beat your asses in NE. We underestimated you considering the last time the Ravens were in Foxboro in the playoffs it wasn't much of a game rather a blowout.

Snuck one by us kid congrats it was 10 years since u won it all welcome to the club. ;)
Thot=genius from Mary Land I guess. Nice work English Nazi.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thot=genius from Mary Land I guess. Nice work English Nazi.

Didn't take a genius whic ur not to know what Thot is... Smh... NE Hacks

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cl

clever...weak is how Brady plays when Flacco is on the other side of the field in the playoffs.

Patriots are 9-3 against the Ravens. Flaccid throws game losing interceptions better than Brady.....

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are 9-3 against the Ravens. Flaccid throws game losing interceptions better than Brady.....

Tommy Uggs is 2-2 in the playoffs and the 2 Ravens victories were blowouts. When Tommy won it was very close and he struggled as usual.

Flacco always outplays Uggs in the playoffs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Uggs is 2-2 in the playoffs and the 2 Ravens victories were blowouts. When Tommy won it was very close and he struggled as usual.

Flacco always outplays Uggs in the playoffs.

Old news. Last one was a win for Tom, loss for Flaccid.
Superbowl ring for Tom,
Game-losing interception for Flaccid

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with dumbler that safety is our biggest question mark.....But even though Ngata was one of my favs, he won't be missed as much as most think....
Jernigan stepped in for the often injured and 4 game suspension last year and didn't seem to miss a beat...
Ozzie also drafted some players to help out there also....
And some pass rush help to aid the secondary in case they can't cut the mustard....
Our O has the chance to be the best ever here in B'more and one of in the entire league this year with those two big TE's and a big speedster WR in Perriman to go along with Mr Ice up Son and co... Forsett, Buck, and Tally at RB, it's a pick your poison kind of deal....
But you can be sure of one thing, my fellow Fan-addicts, B'more and Pitts is gonna come out slobber knocking every single year....
And although I respect the Bengals, the AFCN belongs to the twins, Ravens-Steelers, and we love a good fight, so don't sing it , bring it !!

Ravens or Steelers, whoever gets the 11 wins
I'm hoping it's the Ravens *:yes:

I would say where Ngata will hurt will be on depth. We saw this past year with Seattle where they lost some of the depth on the DL and in the Super Bowl when one of the starters went down early in the game they really struggled as the depth just was not up to par.

Offensively I don't see it being a juggernaut. Perriman coming in is at best an even trade for losing Torrey Smith. I just can't see a rookie stepping in and being an actual upgrade over him. TE I could see an improvement but again you lost Owen Daniels who put up pretty good numbers. So again I see the draft pick in Williams being at best an equal move to that of losing him. Forsett is the one I can see having a decent drop off. Kubiak has been known throughout his career of making no name RB's into household names. Now that he is gone I could actually see the running game take a huge dip which then would mean more pressure on Flacco to have to raise his game. I mean they finished 4th overall in PFF grades for offense this past year. I can't see them being better than that. I see them falling back to middle of the pack. Not quite what they were in 2013 as that was just terrible but there are plenty of other teams offensively that I would take over them in a heart beat. I mean just off the top of my head...Indy, Green Bay, New England, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Denver, Philly, Seattle, and Detroit are all ones I think are much scarier than that of Baltimore. What I do like about Baltimore though is they are a pretty balanced team. They have playmakers on both the offense and defense that will help keep them in most games this upcoming year.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old news. Last one was a win for Tom, loss for Flaccid.
Superbowl ring for Tom,
Game-losing interception for Flaccid

I don't know which is more gay. Calling Brady "Tom" or calling Flacco "Flaccid".

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens lose the Supe to the Packers

Honestly believe they were the 2 best teams in the NFL this past season

Ravens lost a tough one, but now we know the Pats cheated

Packers we know should have never lost in Seattle

They make up for it this season

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say where Ngata will hurt will be on depth. We saw this past year with Seattle where they lost some of the depth on the DL and in the Super Bowl when one of the starters went down early in the game they really struggled as the depth just was not up to par.

Offensively I don't see it being a juggernaut. Perriman coming in is at best an even trade for losing Torrey Smith. I just can't see a rookie stepping in and being an actual upgrade over him. TE I could see an improvement but again you lost Owen Daniels who put up pretty good numbers. So again I see the draft pick in Williams being at best an equal move to that of losing him. Forsett is the one I can see having a decent drop off. Kubiak has been known throughout his career of making no name RB's into household names. Now that he is gone I could actually see the running game take a huge dip which then would mean more pressure on Flacco to have to raise his game. I mean they finished 4th overall in PFF grades for offense this past year. I can't see them being better than that. I see them falling back to middle of the pack. Not quite what they were in 2013 as that was just terrible but there are plenty of other teams offensively that I would take over them in a heart beat. I mean just off the top of my head...Indy, Green Bay, New England, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Denver, Philly, Seattle, and Detroit are all ones I think are much scarier than that of Baltimore. What I do like about Baltimore though is they are a pretty balanced team. They have playmakers on both the offense and defense that will help keep them in most games this upcoming year.

I don't agree, Perriman is bigger ,faster, and will go up and fight for the ball, all advantages over Torrey....
And that is the experts opinion, not just mine....Steve, Brown, Aiken, Campanaro and the big guy Waller....
All very capable of making big plays and will be utilized to their strengths according to play formations....
Daniels was a stop gap TE at this point in his career, and blew some big plays last year too when a younger ,faster, more enthusiastic TE would have come up with....
Plus Pitta is on schedule to return along with the best TE in the draft, Maxx Williams and Boyle....
I think that's a recipe for success in most people's eyes....
And Forsett was not only a success because of Kubes, it was that Oline that was the prominent reason...
Else he would have been successful in Houston under Kubes, but he wasn't....
Regardless, Talliafarro, and the new guy Buck Allen are ready and waiting according to all reports, Buck is very highly touted coming in.....
I don't know it for a fact, but Trestman has an outstanding rep with QB's and he just may take Joe to another level with his WC offense experience and the talent on this team...
Just as big a question mark with Denver as the Ravens, that is the same OC that got Kubes thrown out of Houston remember, and PM is definitely on his down side, Elway was ready to let him walk for a younger qb hopeful....
So we'll see, but to say the Colts, Denver, Cowboys and the Pats over as you admit, a well balanced team, is a long way from being prudent....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree, Perriman is bigger ,faster, and will go up and fight for the ball, all advantages over Torrey....
And that is the experts opinion, not just mine....Steve, Brown, Aiken, Campanaro and the big guy Waller....
All very capable of making big plays and will be utilized to their strengths according to play formations....
Daniels was a stop gap TE at this point in his career, and blew some big plays last year too when a younger ,faster, more enthusiastic TE would have come up with....
Plus Pitta is on schedule to return along with the best TE in the draft, Maxx Williams and Boyle....
And Forsett was not only a success because of Kubes, it was that Oline that was the prominent reason...
Regardless, Talliafarro, and the new guy Buck Allen are ready and waiting according to all reports, Buck is very highly touted coming in.....
I don't know it for a fact, but Trestman has an outstanding rep with QB's and he just may take Joe to another level with his WC offense experience and the talent on this team...
Just as big a question mark with Denver as the Ravens, that is the same OC that got Kubes thrown out of Houston remember, and PM is definitely on his down side, Elway was ready to let him walk for a younger qb hopeful....
So we'll see, but to say the Colts, Denver, Cowboys and the Pats over as you admit, a well balanced team, is a long way from being prudent....

OldSchool,

I think it's pretty clear that he thinks the Ravens are a Well-balaced, middle of the pack team......

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens lose the Supe to the Packers

Honestly believe they were the 2 best teams in the NFL this past season

Ravens lost a tough one, but now we know the Pats cheated

Packers we know should have never lost in Seattle

They make up for it this season

That is a good point, do people honestly think that Brady only cheated in the Colts game ???
If so, I have a Stealth Bomber in my closet I will sell you for $500k, will deliver anywhere once paid for in cash..:rolleyes2:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good point, do people honestly think that Brady only cheated in the Colts game ???
If so, I have a Stealth Bomber in my closet I will sell you for $500k, will deliver anywhere once paid for in cash..:rolleyes2:

So you think the Ravens will beat the Patriots in this years playoffs?
You picked them last year, remember?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OldSchool,

I think it's pretty clear that he thinks the Ravens are a Well-balaced, middle of the pack team......

Well, he's entitled to his opinion, and he is a good poster, but I disagree, and I think a Ravens fan has more inside info that someone that far away....
But hey, that's why we're here man !!
Are you enjoying that Cali sun still ??

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's entitled to his opinion, and he is a good poster, but I disagree, and I think a Ravens fan has more inside info that someone that far away....
But hey, that's why we're here man !!
Are you enjoying that Cali sun still ??

I'm in North Carolina. I'm enjoying the grandkids but I'm ready to go back to Okinawa.....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the Ravens will beat the Patriots in this years playoffs?
You picked them last year, remember?

No, I really don't Southie, because the Pats won't make the playoffs this year....
But if you would be honest, we are the one team they don't want to see in the playoffs...
We could've and should've won last year but for a putrid injured riddled secondary and some trick plays that caught us off guard....
I like the tension in those games, so you're preaching to the choir...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you said you were flying to Cal....

No. I was looking to go to Minnesota but can't get my travel admin to her job. Better off to give it up then to end up traveling to Minnesota by way of Raleigh to Charlotte to Atlanta to New Jersey To Chicago to Minneapolis - if you get my drift.....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I was looking to go to Minnesota but can't get my travel admin to her job. Better off to give it up then to end up traveling to Minnesota by way of Raleigh to Charlotte to Atlanta to New Jersey To Chicago to Minneapolis - if you get my drift.....

I gotcha, probably because AP has all the flights tied up trying to get outta there.....:D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying Torrey Smith or Owen Daniels are as good as Perriman and Maxx Williams. I think both of those guys stand a chance of being better. What I am saying is Smith spent years building that trust with Flacco. Most rookies struggle year one to make the adjustment. Now yes there are those that explode onto the scene like we saw with ODB this past year but that is rare. Same with Daniels in he is one of the few guys that I would say knows Kubiak's system better than any other player in the league. So he knew from day one what to expect. Williams has to learn a whole new playbook while also adjusting to the speed of the NFL. Now again I could be wrong on one or both of those guys and maybe they do explode onto the scene but if you are depending on rookies for your offense to be good then you are setting yourself up for failure.

As for the run game I agree the reason that Forsett found success has a lot to do with the OL and the adjustments from the year before. Again that is Kubiak stepping in. He did that with the Broncos when he was OC pretty much guaranteeing whoever started at RB was going to gain a thousand yards or more. As for Trestman we shall see what he does. He has had some success in the NFL coaching up quarterbacks but can't discount what happened at his last job with the Bears in which the entire team imploded and Cutler was just downright terrible. Now given Cutler is known as the coach killer so will discount that. Right now I just have a lot of questions. I could see the offense being very good but it wouldn't surprise me if they are middle of the pack either. Also Forsett did just fine under Kubiak before. He had his highest yards per carry average in 2012 under Kubiak. And that was in their terrible year that ended up getting Kubiak fired.

Also my comment about those teams was only geared towards the offensive side of the ball. Not the overall team. I like Baltimore to make the playoffs this year. I think they have the talent to be one of the better teams in the league. I just think with playing the NFC West and the AFC North that record wise it won't match possibly the talent on the actual field. The AFC West saw it happen this past year where the year before that they put 3 teams into the playoffs. They all ended up with tougher schedules with having to play the NFC West and record wise they dropped off even though not sure the talent dropped off. The Broncos are the only ones that stayed about where they were. Again many of those teams I listed I wouldn't put over Baltimore overall. Just with the questions on offense with so much changing from one year to the next I just struggle to see them stay at the level they were last year or to be even better. Can they be? of course but they have some tough defenses to fight through to get that.