• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Senior Bowl

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is really just me trying to shame Chris into getting his ass in gear. I mean, honestly Chris, do you really expect us to look all this stuff up on our own???

But if anyone has anything to post on the game/practices, do it here. I'll start:

Senior Bowl - Topic - CBSSports.com

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This guy is seriously a coach's dream. Several days before he had arrived to the SB, he asked the coaches to please get him video of all the corners he will be facing during the entire senior bowl event in order to prepare accordingly. I like this dude.

Jordan Matthews - WR - Commodores

Vanderbilt senior WR Jordan Matthews was "spectacular" at Tuesday's Senior Bowl practice, according to NFL.com's Chase Goodbread.

Matthews was upset with himself for dropping some passes on Monday, and he made up for it the next day. "He will go into the briar patch, take his hits and keep on ticking," NFL Media analyst Charles Davis said after Tuesday's practice. "I never worry about that part with him. Obviously, people are going to want to know what he runs (at the combine). All in all, I think he's a big-time prospect. Let's face it: How many quarterbacks threw to him at Vanderbilt? Try to name them all. Yet everyone knew he was coming each week in the SEC." Matthews remained after practice to work on red-zone throws with Derek Carr. He's a coach's dream.
Source: NFL.com

Jan 22 - 12:00 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I were the coaches and the medical team, I wouldn't clear Bowman until week 8 of the regular season. I want him to be in full strength before he hits the field, and bringing him back for week 1 is a disservice to the man. I really don't want us to experience an RGIII experience with Bowman (a guy who clearly was favoring the leg and not trusting it on the field which then essentially had and adverse effect on the entire unit.

I'm saying this because we need to really think about this kid here as an insurance policy. He could be our emergency LB for both Willis and Bowman. I would really consider this guy with our 3rd round comp pick we will be getting for losing Dashon Goldson last year, with all that said I think Mayock is exaggerating with his comparisons a little bit, I saw Wisconsin play several times and he did not look that explosive as those other two elite LBs that he is comparing him with:

Chris Borland - LB - Badgers

NFL Media draft expert Mike Mayock compared Wisconsin LB Chris Borland to former Dolphins LB Zach Thomas and a "sawed-off" Luke Kuechly.

Mayock said Borland (5-foot-11, 243 pounds) was "as fun a guy to watch on tape as I have ever seen" and raved about his instincts and quickness. Mayock admitted that Borland's measurables aren't ideal, but said he "wouldn't let this kid get out of the second round." NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah isn't as sold on Borland as Mayock, citing lack of arm length as a major concern.

Jan 22 - 12:16 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tajh Boyd - QB - Tigers

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believes Clemson QB Tajh Boyd could lock himself into the second round with a good performance at the Senior Bowl.

"One thing that I struggle with is when he needs to shuffle, reset his feet, when he gets pushed off his mark, decision making and accuracy takes a tumble," Jeremiah said on Tuesday. Jeremiah, who questions Boyd's consistency and accuracy, praised the Tigers' QB's running ability, calling him a "mini Steve McNair [near the goal line]." NFL Network's Mike Mayock said Boyd "has to work hard to get into the second round" and compared him to former Ohio State QB Troy Smith. "I was in Baltimore when we drafted Troy Smith," Jeremiah said. "I think (Boyd) is a little more accurate than Troy was. Troy, even when things were clean at times, could get erratic. When you see Tajh Boyd with time, and he can be in rhythm, he can sling it."

Jan 22 - 12:29 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David Fales - QB - Spartans

San jose State QB David Fales told Sirius' Alex Marvez he was dealing with an illness on monday and Tuesday of Senior Bowl week.

Fales was on the same team as the top two quarterbacks at the event, Derek Carr and Jimmy Garoppolo, and his arm was already a step back from the duo even before the week. Fales wins with sound pocket movement and patience, as he is not afraid to work through progressions. The senior will be selected on the third day.
Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter

Jan 23 - 10:55 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stanley Jean-Baptiste - DB - Cornhuskers

Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste was listed as one of Todd McShay's most impressive defensive players during Senior Bowl week.

Utah corner Keith McGill, Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald, Wisconsin linebacker Chris Borland, and Auburn defensive end Dee Ford were also included in that list. Jean-Baptiste has everything the NFL looks for in terms of frame and length, but he does not get physical with receivers at this point in his development. An NFL team could change that, however.
Source: Todd McShay on Twitter

Jan 23 - 12:45 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly, I like this guy better than Lemon. Lemon has that size/physique though that you don't tend to see that often:

Dee Ford - DL - Player

Auburn DE Dee Ford has reportedly been a "terror" in Senior Bowl practices.

One of the nation's top pass rushers this past season, Ford measured in at a hair over 6-foot-2, 243 earlier in the week and has drawn raves from Senior Bowl teammates. "His first step is amazing," observed Virginia's Morgan Moses, a highly touted offensive tackle. Ford projects as a 3-4 outside rush linebacker or sub-package down linemen early in his NFL career.
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Jan 23 - 10:44 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kain Colter - WR - Wildcats

Northwestern senior WR Kain Colter will undergo ankle surgery and miss the next 8-12 weeks of the pre-draft process.

Obviously Colter will miss the Senior Bowl on Saturday. The injury was of the pre-existing variety. It is bad luck for Colter, especially since he showed great promise at receiver during the week of practice. He displayed a hands catching mentality and understood how to get his opposition off balance then break off his route. We still expect Colter to be selected in the fourth-round range.
Source: Chicago Tribune

Jan 24 - 9:46 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zack Martin - T - Fighting Irish

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler spoke with five NFL personnel men, three of which said Notre Dame OL Zack Martin would be the first Senior Bowl prospect selected.

Of the two remaining, one said quarterback Derek Carr and the other Pitt defensive tackle Aaron Donald. Martin played left tackle at Notre Dame and was easily the top offensive lineman at the even this week. We think he can be a good tackle but outstanding guard, thanks to his wide base and extremely strong grip.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Jan 24 - 10:10 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One NFL personnel staff member told CBS Sports' Dane Brugler that this was the worst Senior Bowl roster he had seen in 20 years.

It lacked the top five pick appeal of last year, but we think this is a bit harsh. Sure, the roster was made up of day three or late day two picks, but a handful of first-round talents did attend. Around 28 seniors did turn down an invitation prior to the event, however.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Jan 24 - 10:26 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kevin Norwood - WR - Crimson Tide

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl was highly intrigued by Alabama WR Kevin Norwood during Senior Bowl week.

Weidl called Norwood a "strong route runner" with "natural hands," adding "there's a place for him at the next level." Norwood was obviously overshadowed by Amari Cooper for the last two years and also took a back seat to Alabama's running game, but he could wind up being a better pro than college player.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Jan 24 - 10:40 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brent Urban - DL - Cavaliers

Virginia DL Brent Urban was forced to withdraw form the Senior Bowl due to an ankle injury.

Urban tweaked his ankle in practice, and first indications say it is not serious. That is a relief considering Aaron Colvin's major knee injury earlier in the week. NFL teams likely grade Urban higher than the media, as they are intrigued by his frame and ability to play inside and out.
Source: NE Patriots Draft

Jan 24 - 10:49 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandon Thomas - G - Tigers

Clemson senior OL Brandon Thomas earned a comparison to Brian Waters from The MMQB's Greg A. Bedard.

"I fell in love with Clemson T/G Brandon Thomas when he handled South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney largely one-on-one this season," Bedard writes. "That continued this week. His smart, savvy and tough play reminds me a bit of future Hall of Fame guard Brian Waters. Thomas just knows how to play." This is a very similar sentiment to our own Josh Norris. The NFL obsesses with measurables, but Thomas might have enough length to stay on the outside. His athletic lower half is one of his best traits.
Source: The MMQB

Jan 24 - 11:41 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Too bad he doesn't fit our scheme, if anything he can manage to push Hangeman down to us if we decide to go DL in the first. I'm highly optimistic that we will be trading up again this year to get our guy:

Aaron Donald - DL - Player

Pittsburgh DT Aaron Donald received the 2014 Senior Bowl's most dominant practice player award.

Incredibly disruptive from the interior despite a 6-foot-1, 288-pound frame and 31 3/4-inch arms, Donald earned the 2013 Bednarik, Lombardi, Nagurski, and Outland Trophies in addition to ACC Defensive POY. "He's short in stature by NFL standards and doesn't maybe have all the measurables," said Senior Bowl North Squad coach Mike Smith, "but he's one of the more explosive guys we have." It's worth noting Bengals All-Pro DT Geno Atkins measured 6-foot-1, 293 coming out of Georgia. That precedent can't hurt Donald's chances of warranting a top-15 selection in May's draft.

Jan 24 - 3:36 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marcus Martin - C - Player

NFL Draft Insider Tony Pauline passes along "word in Mobile" that USC C Marcus Martin could be the first center selected in May's draft.

Listed on USC's website at 6-foot-3, 310, Martin is a plus-sized center with size to block bigger nose tackles. He was a three-year starter for the Trojans, declaring for the draft after his junior season. Just one center (Travis Frederick, Dallas) was selected in the first three rounds of the 2013 draft.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Jan 24 - 3:14 PM

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3