• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 player minute allocations

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so now we more or less know what the roster will be on opening day, barring any major moves, which seems unlikely. I'm assuming Nedovic will not start the season with the team and Ezeli will not play until later in the season. And there might be a few minutes here or there taken by whatever bench filler comes out of Summer League. With that in mind, here's my first rough guess at the allocation of minutes, let me know what you think.

gsw_2014_minutes_v01.png

If you want to calculate your own, I uploaded the Excel worksheet I created for the calculations:
Excel worksheet

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are pretty fair #'s, I think Green probably will get 15 mins a night somehow.

I think D.Lee will also see some time at the 5, even with JO and Speights on the team.

Again barring any major moves or injuries, the above probably will be on it shakes out this year.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, it should have been named "2013-14", not 2014. And I misspelled O'Neal's name, sorry Jermaine.

Anyway, I agree @NBKLee that Green will probably find a way to get more minutes. 6 seems like too few. It's just hard to see where they're going to come from. He's going to get squeezed at SF with Iguodala, Barnes, and Thompson. He may have a chance at a few more at PF, but I don't see David Lee sitting on the bench much, and I think we will (we should) see Barnes getting a few more minutes at the 4, because that was effective in the playoffs. So really it comes down to how good Speights is.

Actually, people are getting squeezed up and down the lineup (Bazemore and Green especially), even without Ezeli, but that's a nice problem to have for once. I'd much rather fret about "How is Player X going to get minutes?" than "Who the hell is going to play position Y when Player X is out of the game?"

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay +

I think Klay gets you 34-35 mpg. Everything else is right on.

I'm curious about Toney. I really like the idea of a on-ball defender at the 1 spot. It's nice to have someone that can defend the quickest spot in the game.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though other players will have time allocated based on everything from the hot hand to being fatigued, one player brings with him without fail exactly what the team needs at some point in almost every game - energy, hustle and muscle. Double Green's minutes, and let the rest of them fight for playing time.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that there's other excel freaks out there. I had a magic number calculator going last season.

Green's an anomaly, he probably won't see a consistent minute range night to night. His role will be consistent though, come in, bring attitude and energy, any given night you'll steal more minutes in random positions. Road trips, back to back nights, he'll see more action. Home games where everyone is healthy, those minutes look about right (unless it's a physical game, he will probably play a bit more in those games)