• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Rams did something nobody saw coming :omg: Watkins #2 overall, and trading up to get Bortles? Wow. I guess the Rams don't trust Bradford. Its hard to trust him I guess considering his health issues.

St. Louis definitely went against the traditional thought on some things for this draft but hey they definitely have some major play makers for the future now and a quarterback to grow with them. Bortles could end up being the best quarterback in this class. I would say he is the best quarterback at throwing under pressure in this draft. The guy took some major hits but got it right on the money to the receiver. With St. Louis still not having a whole lot on the OL that is something he will have over Bradford. Plus some ability to move in the pocket as well. We shall see how that all works out but this could end up being a great draft for St. Louis or it could be viewed as a wasted pick depending on say Bradford wins the starting job and Bortles just keeps sitting on the bench. Could be a great trade bait I guess later on though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With St. Louis still not having a whole lot on the OL that is something he will have over Bradford.
If Jake Long is healthy then Barksdale and him are an above average tackle combo. Barrett Jones was hurt coming out last year and he might take over at Center. If not, they'll have to find someone...not a huge fan of Barnes despite the Mizzou ties.

Guard is a weakness. Unless they somehow re-sign Saffold to Guard but Saffold and Long are both injury prone.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question to all,

Do we have a set page for the # of selections per team or a schedule of the draft order for the later rds, 2 n up?

I ask this because I want to be on the same page with others, especially when talking about trades... for instance I'm in the belief the Jags have 3 4ths but I have one source but not sure if that source is absolute or if we're basing the order somewhere else? just want to be on same page and not saying things on my part thats not true....

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question to all,

Do we have a set page for the # of selections per team or a schedule of the draft order for the later rds, 2 n up?

I ask this because I want to be on the same page with others, especially when talking about trades... for instance I'm in the belief the Jags have 3 4ths but I have one source but not sure if that source is absolute or if we're basing the order somewhere else? just want to be on same page and not saying things on my part thats not true....

WalterFootball.com: 2014 NFL Draft Order

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rams getting Bortles and Watkins. 2 Huge players. In an ideal world they would then trade Bradford for some type of pick (4th or 5th ish...).

There may be other needs, but those 2 players are only going to help.

Btw - only 16 picks in front of me and I still have 6 players I want. Keep it going guys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question to all,

A good place to look is WalterFootball.com: 2014 NFL Draft Order As of right now Jacksonville only has 2 4th round picks. The place you are looking at could be thinking of possible compensatory picks that are not a part of this draft.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a list of all draft picks or an updated version reflecting our trades anywhere. It would be useful if someone wanted to take the time to do it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rams getting Bortles and Watkins. 2 Huge players. In an ideal world they would then trade Bradford for some type of pick (4th or 5th ish...).

Btw - only 16 picks in front of me and I still have 6 players I want. Keep it going guys.

Hey HizzleRocker question for you...I am the Chargers in another draft that I am a part of and just wondering if you could PM me some thoughts on the Chargers and where you think they might be looking in this upcoming draft or prospects you think the Chargers will be looking at. I promise not trying to get secrets on the players you want to draft here just trying to get into the head of what the Chargers are actually looking/needing for the team.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also try and always have a couple rounds listed in the picks thread, I will go add round 2 right now. That was you'll have an idea but I dont wanna keep copying and pasting 7 rounds so you can use walterfootball or any other site if ya like. If I had MOD ability I could just list all 7 rounds and make changes that way, would make things SOOOOO much easier...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a list of all draft picks or an updated version reflecting our trades anywhere. It would be useful if someone wanted to take the time to do it.

Well right now there have only been 2 trades with the Patriots trading back with Dallas and St. Louis trading with the Bills. I would say wait until the end of each round to update who picks where.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bradford & his contract are untradable.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes we do have both... they are stickied

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i apologize, i missed read it perhaps, I think I(Jags) have TWO 4th rd with the 2nd being a flip, either 14th or 19th overall that round...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good place to look is WalterFootball.com: 2014 NFL Draft Order As of right now Jacksonville only has 2 4th round picks. The place you are looking at could be thinking of possible compensatory picks that are not a part of this draft.

thats what I needed... I misread my other source... actually turns out i have 3 in the 5th but I'm being honest, i misread my initial source.

thanks!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant draft position for all 7 rounds. I can easily look it up when I need the info, but I was just replying to that post.

If I had MOD abilities I would show all 7 but I dont want to have to keep copying and pasting 7 rounds

you can use walterfootball and I guess I could post it on the picks thread once every couple pages or so.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick question are you guys planning on doing another Mock draft after the combine and FA? Would make a more accurate Mock IMO