• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Draft Talk Thread.....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right I think it's time to get this going well since the season is over....

I want them to keep using the draft to keep building this team, free agency in the past hasn't really panned out for this franchise in the past, and with some needed depth and some key positions needing huge upgrades the draft should be a major factor this season.....

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, if they can get some help on defense via the draft(secondary help would be huge) it will make this team much better

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense - Another wide receiver. If that's Maclin - O.K. - If not, then get someone.
Another TE with Ertz - Jimmy Graham?
Backup QB - unless they keep Vick for that.

Defense - 2 safeties - Jarius Byrd?, a linebacker or 2, a cornerback or 2, and maybe a fatter nose tackle.

Special teams - maybe a new field goal kicker.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense - Another wide receiver. If that's Maclin - O.K. - If not, then get someone.

Let's not forget Arnelious Benn is still on the roster, he got hurt and was showing pretty good stuff during camp, though I wouldnt mind finding a bigger target in the draft....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, if they can get some help on defense via the draft(secondary help would be huge) it will make this team much better

They have 8 picks this year, now I would love to see the secondary and LB's spots get depth and talent, this draft will have talent on the defensive side of the ball very deep this year, and of course with the foolish drafting of QB's in the first two rounds, defensive players are gonna fall....

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another TE with Ertz - Jimmy Graham?
Backup QB - unless they keep Vick for that.

Defense - 2 safeties - Jarius Byrd?, a linebacker or 2, a cornerback or 2, and maybe a fatter nose tackle.

Special teams - maybe a new field goal kicker.

They aren't getting Jimmy Graham - Zach Ertz and Brent Celek are a good duo, I'd keep that together

Michael Vick isn't coming back so forget about that

I would rather go to the draft to get some of these guys, I don't think free agency is the place to start getting everyone

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 8 picks this year, now I would love to see the secondary and LB's spots get depth and talent, this draft will have talent on the defensive side of the ball very deep this year, and of course with the foolish drafting of QB's in the first two rounds, defensive players are gonna fall....

Honestly, I would love to get a WR early in this draft - I think the Eagles need another threat on offense, as crazy as it sounds

Or maybe they take a defensive player with their first pick and then a WR after that

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I would love to get a WR early in this draft - I think the Eagles need another threat on offense, as crazy as it sounds

Or maybe they take a defensive player with their first pick and then a WR after that

I wouldn't be to upset with another wide out taken in the early rounds, actually you would expect it out of Chip just like him passing on kicking a FG in the red zone and going for it...

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st, A big Saftey who can cover
2nd A corner or two
3rd A BIG possession Wide receiver
4th OL preferably some one who can be a OT (Peters is 31, he has been stellar but how much longer can he be dominant?)
5th LB backup

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to address defense in at least the first 3 rounds, IMO.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright I'm gonna start with possible secondary help in the first round, now the guys I'm listing are right now( doesn't mean squat until the draft) but as of today are sitting mid first round area:

CB:
Justin Gibert Oklahoma St 6'
Bradley Rody Ohio St 5'11"
Jason Veriett TCU 5'10"

Safety:
Ha Sean Clinton-Dix Alabama 6'1"
Ed Reynolds Stanford 6'2

As much as i would be tempted to take a corner here, I got a feeling they'll miss on Dix, ( selected earlier) I would take Reynolds out of Stanford, big, physical, hard hitter, being a Pac 12 homer I've seen alot of play out of this guy, I think he would be a great fit. Stanford runs a physical defense that loves to smash the runner at the line of scrimmage but they can also play great pass coverage as well...