• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 opponents

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At least its a "road" game this year. I could see another 11-win season with this schedule. Things are looking up.

yep, things are already up!

only two seasons prior, making the play-offs was a big 'hope'? how many times we've read posts saying 'losers for over a decade'? no doubt the SB was a dissaopintment, no doubt! but it is time to reflect how good we have it?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think the first game in the new stadium be against Kansas City? Here says we are scheduled to play them that first year. Winning the SB would lead to a home game to start, plus we'll lobby for it anyway, right? I mean, NFL teams reward teams with new stadiums, right?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Do you guys think the first game in the new stadium be against Kansas City? Here says we are scheduled to play them that first year. Winning the SB would lead to a home game to start, plus we'll lobby for it anyway, right? I mean, NFL teams reward teams with new stadiums, right?

If we win the SB it definitely won't be against KC. The NFL typically likes to put it's best foot forward in those match ups and the SF vs KC match up doesn't have really any history behind it.

A slight chance to open the new stadium but again I think they'll lean on it being a more marquee matchup for that opening game as well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is releasing the 2013 Season schedule tomorrow. Any predictions on the schedule? The bye week will be tied one way or another to the London game and that date is set and the last game has to be a division game, but how about the opener, etc.?

They should be releasing the playoffs and SB schedule in the next month or so. I wonder if they will go with the Patriots, Packers, or a surprise team to win it all?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The NFL is releasing the 2013 Season schedule tomorrow. Any predictions on the schedule? The bye week will be tied one way or another to the London game and that date is set and the last game has to be a division game, but how about the opener, etc.?

They should be releasing the playoffs and SB schedule in the next month or so. I wonder if they will go with the Patriots, Packers, or a surprise team to win it all?

i'll predict the opening game is against the Rams, the closing against the Seahawks.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope we're the home team vs seattle for the 2nd match.... dont want our niners finishing in nfc west opp fields towards the end 2x again....

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd predict the opener being home vs ATL; final game in St Louis

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boo! They changed the date, or technically, they don't have one. I got the information from one of the SF Gate articles. This article verifies that tomorrow was the widely believed day, but it's now pushed back, likely to around the draft. I wonder if this is partly the Baltimore Ravens not being able to schedule their first game at home, hoping for a last minute concession by the baseball team? Or just publicity and other reasons like other scheduling issues. I want it now! ;)

2013 NFL Season Schedule Not Released Tuesday

P.S. I hate how yahoo article always come out a Y! Sports and not an actual title. I have to leave it as it is or go back to change it. Argh.

P.S.S. The schedules announced before the season needn't be called the 2013 Regular Season Schedule, 2013 Season Schedule is sufficient. Like I joked earlier, there's no Postseason Schedule to announce. I guess there is the preseason, but it seems unnecessary.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to find out when we go to Seattle to play. I am going to fly out there for that one as my travel game of the year. Flew out to NE last year for that game. Thinking about making up a jersey that says "Hawk Killer" and trying to get seats in the Hawks' Nest there. Figure I will get harassed no matter whats on my jersey so at least make something clever haha.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd predict the opener being home vs ATL; final game in St Louis

I bet you're right on the opener. "They" can stage it like a rematch, but this time it's at our home. Also, it's fitting that Baltimore will start on the road and us starting at home. I would also like to play Atlanta first so we can be ready the most like we were against the Packers last opener, because while I feel we are better, even in the regular season where Atlanta shines, I do see that they are a good team. They'll have to be on the road, but that was that way regardless. Why do we play them at home when they had a better record than we did last year? Is that on purpose for parity? Or was that just a rotational thing? I know we've played most Green Bay games on the road and they've been better (pre-2011) and worse than we have (2011, 2012) the previous years. 2012, too, but I'm talking about the year before because that'd be the determiner if anything was based upon record. We play them at home this year.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best revenge games of 2013

Sharper said exacting revenge means most against teams that knock you out of the playoffs. First on that list will be when the Atlanta Falcons visit the San Francisco 49ers. Sharper said the Falcons, who were the No. 1 seed in the playoffs and led the 49ers by 17 points in the NFC Championship Game, have mostly flown under the radar while the 49ers and Seattle Seahawks have grabbed headlines.

O'Hara likes the dual revenge storylines of the Denver Broncos hosting a rematch of their AFC divisional playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens, and defensive end Elvis Dumervil going up against his former team after the messy fax fiasco that saw him leave the Broncos. Last year's matchup featured explosiveness from the start and exciting plays at the end of the game and in double overtime.

NFL Total Access: Best Revenge Games of 2013

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be surprised if Atlanta opened on the road again since they have had road openers the last 3 year ( at Pitt, at Chicago, at KC). League doesnt like to do that to team even 3 years in a row so 4 would be a stretch. However the tantalizing opportunity to have a SF-ATL rematch may be too good to pass up and IF the game happens it will be at SF for sure.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would say the Redskins and Hawks are all but guaranteed to be prime time.

The Kaepernick vs RGIII dynamic is way too salivating for the NFL to pass up on. I wouldn't expect it till later on in the season to make sure RGIII is ready to go from his injury.

Falcons I think will depend on how the game goes this week. If it's close then I can see it being the perfect NFC championship rematch game.

Considering we handily beat the Packers twice I don't see that one being in prime time but it could be.

Texans has a shot but might be a long one since we have really no history with them.

Saints should be a possibility as well since they should be contenders again with Payton back.

Well I was partly right when it came to predicting the primetime games :D