• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Draft Combine Discussion

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes me wonder though if he thinks his speed/agility will decline some and he wants to be more of a power back

that's a lot of weight.

He had dropped some - he's regaining, really. He's probably just around his old playing weight of 225-230 before the first injury. If he gets back to full speed, it probably won't be until 2014. Never really was that explosive. More elusive, with good vision - but is a good blocker and receiver. I think what you're getting with Marcus is a skilled back, who can play different roles in a 3-back rotation.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had dropped some - he's regaining, really. He's probably just around his old playing weight of 225-230 before the first injury. If he gets back to full speed, it probably won't be until 2014. Never really was that explosive. More elusive, with good vision - but is a good blocker and receiver. I think what you're getting with Marcus is a skilled back, who can play different roles in a 3-back rotation.

my bad, I thought it mean he was up to 250 or so

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Lattimore is a guy like Ryan Broyles or Danario Alexander. He is someone that you don't mind on your roster and will make some plays but he is just too injury prone to be part of some team's long term goals.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing how fast NFL players are recovering from everything these days. It reminds me of that time that baseball players were hitting an abnormally large amount of home runs.

Eh, Lattimore could be a good deal in the 3rd round.

I agree that he carries too much risk for a 1-2 pick. Lol for the first paragraph - the implied subject came up on a Gamecock forum where these stories were posted. Personally, I don't see much wrong in using a 'supplement' (e.g. the deer-antler stuff) that allows the athlete to recover from an injury. I think there should be some testing, in some window of time near where they take the field, to make sure they're clean of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got no time for research these days. Get back to ya on Sunday I guess.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he carries too much risk for a 1-2 pick. Lol for the first paragraph - the implied subject came up on a Gamecock forum where these stories were posted. Personally, I don't see much wrong in using a 'supplement' (e.g. the deer-antler stuff) that allows the athlete to recover from an injury. I think there should be some testing, in some window of time near where they take the field, to make sure they're clean of it.

All i know is if they are using supplements to recover from injuries and they are safe i want some. Im not even joking, if AP, or Lattimore, or Ray Lewis or anyone else is safely using supplements than i want to know what/how theyre doing it because honestly its something that would be nice to know.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Pioli's Top 10 mock from tonight

1 Joeckel
2 Millner
3 Floyd
4 Warmack
5 D. Moore
6 J. Jones
7 E. Fisher
8 Werner
9 Patterson
10 Vaccaro

wow. that's.... ummmm OUT There...

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to need one. I don't see him doing well at the NFL level. He doesn't have prototypical size or speed, and we just witnessed him getting trucked repeatedly by the Bama OL. He's going to have to play out of his mind to impress NFL scouts.

I disagree. He will be a 1st rounder with a decent combine. Just don't run horrible and he will be fine. Teams aren't going to care that much about the whole fake gf thing.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospects I will be looking at for the Rams:

David Amerson. Can he play FS? He's no CB but he is a ballhawk
Kenjon Barner. Wonder what his 3 cone looks like.
Jon Cooper. Will be looking at size and power
Zac Ertz. Hands compared to Eifert
Deandre Hopkins. 40 time
Justin Hunter. Hands
Lane Johnson. Lateral mobility
Cordarelle Patterson. Interview, route running
David Quisinberry. Is this guy for real?
Levine Toilolo. Upside?

Prospects I like on the Rams

Tyler Eifert
Eric Fisher
Luke Joeckel
Eddie Lacy (2nd)
EJ Manuel (3rd-4th)
TJ Moe (6th-7th)
Sio Moore (3rd-4th)
DJ Swearinger (3rd-4th)
Kenny Vaccaro
Conner Vernon (5th-6th)

Why would you want Barner when you have Pead?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Pioli's Top 10 mock from tonight

1 Joeckel
2 Millner
3 Floyd
4 Warmack
5 D. Moore
6 J. Jones
7 E. Fisher
8 Werner
9 Patterson
10 Vaccaro

wow. that's.... ummmm OUT There...

I don't think it's that out there. I think it's a lil high for Milliner, but besides that I don't see any huge jumps or really bad looking picks.