• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Draft Baalke Bash quarto round attraverso sette

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow another DE......

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers just took Quinton Dial. Ehhhhhh, that's another blah one.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinton Dial
DL 6-6 304 Alabama
Class: Sr 40 Time:
Positives

Dial has a massive frame that he uses well to overpower blockers when using proper leverage. He uses his long arms well to block off throwing lanes when stoned at the point of attack or on quick throws. Has the versatility to play the DE or at DT depending on the scheme or game situation.
Negatives

Very raw when comes to instincts and using his size to win consistently at the point of attack. He struggles to bend his knees which allows blockers to gain an maintain leverage. Extremely inconsistent and can disappear in games. Used primarily in passing situations but struggles to get to the QB do to poor first step. Shows no real counter move once blocked and stops his feet once engaged.
Analysis

Quinton Dial came to the Crimson Tide from East Mississippi CC and made in instant impact on a already deep defensive line. He brings a huge frame that can engulf smaller blockers and cause QBs to find smaller throwing lanes when he gets a push. Although his size can be a major strength it also causes him issues with lowering his pad level and getting off blocks due to poor leverage. In many of their big games he failed to make any real impact and got lost in the shuffle. At the next level he should get a look and would make a nice free agent signing, but will need time to develop before making a squad. If he can turn some heads in camp he could be ripe for a practice squad role for a team, but in the end he at best is a rotational player on the defensive line that could play both inside and out, which adds value to any team.
Grading System

Read More: 2013 NFL Draft - SI.com

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle takes te from rice. But is it the one they wanted?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very blah pick. We need a swing OT. When are we going to address this?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Dial get moved to the inside? Big dude.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dial for utility DL. No strong feelings on this one. Seems fine. Can back up several positions and be a guy to groom. Would have preferred DB or maybe OT (though they seem ok with what we have there?), but DL was next on my list. Second on my list if we're talking a true NT.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really Seahawks? They just took Luke Willson, Vance McDonald's teammate. The other TE in that offense.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke is downright Killing it this draft... with the exception of moving up for Reid.... and the meh pick of Mcdonald. and as I post thaqt we get Dial who is kinda of so so.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Didn't you notice we unloaded a few? And we're full up on Davises as well.

Yes, I noticed. At one point there were like 5 or 6 on the roster if I remember correctly.

I'm just glad one of those Davis guys isn't Nate Davis. I've never disliked a draft pick as much as that one. I couldn't mention his name without saying the word "garbage."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Physically Dial has versatility but I wonder about his mental make-up handling it if they ask him to take on more than 1 position. That's my biggest concern going in.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've never been through a more brutal draft. Never. Since '98. On the positive side, I usually am more disappointed in the guys they took than I am this year.

I didn't like the trade up for Reid. I really liked him as a player. Just didn't want him that high. I can live with Carradine (potential, potential, potential) even though the injury terrifies me. Lemonier I loved. And if I'm wrong on Lattimore, which is certainly possible, it will be great. I don't like passing on Taylor or Ware for him, though.

I understand what they WANT out of McDonald and if you had forced me to take a TE at THAT spot he'd have been one of the first ones out of my mouth but I didn't really want a TE that high and I'm far away from in love with him. I worry once Roman is gone what'll happen with McDonald.

And I fully expect a rough go of it for Patton. Was not a fan but he's another very, very solid individual personally.

To be fair, you liked A LOT of guys in this draft.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Physically Dial has versatility but I wonder about his mental make-up handling it if they ask him to take on more than 1 position. That's my biggest concern going in.

And it wouldn't shock me if he's one to get the boot to the practice squad either (if someone else doesn't pick him up).

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very blah pick. We need a swing OT. When are we going to address this?

I'm sure there's almost zero % chance of this, but Dial has good Ht/Wt for an OT. Dunno about his arm length, though. Popped into my head, I know it's crazy.