• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Draft Baalke Bash quarto round attraverso sette

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MaioccoCSN
Assist to 49ers CB Chris Culliver, who put Frank Gore in touch with his former South Carolina teammate Marcus Lattimore after the injury.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@MaioccoCSN
Assist to 49ers CB Chris Culliver, who put Frank Gore in touch with his former South Carolina teammate Marcus Lattimore after the injury.

That's the only good thing that bum as done since December of 2012.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers used their first fourth-round pick, No. 128 overall, to add to their depth at wide receiver to select Louisiana Tech's Quinton Patton.

QUINTON PATTON
Position: Wide receiver
School: Louisiana Tech
Height/weight: 6 foot, 204 pounds
College career: He was a second-team All-American flanker and team captain for Sonny Dykes' team. Patton started all 25 games he appeared in at Louisiana Tech, where he caught 183 passes for 2,594 yards and 24 touchdowns. He averaged 13.4 yards per reception last season. He transferred from Coffeyville (Kan.) College.
Scouting report: He performed well against top-level competition at the Senior Bowl. He's got good size and ran a 4.53 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the combine. Good balance and body control. Needs work on his route-running.
How he fits: The 49ers have Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin as the starters. Behind those two are a bunch of question marks. Mario Manningham is not expected to be ready until deep into training camp after season-ending knee surgery. Kyle Williams also returns from a season-ending knee injury. He is on schedule to be ready for the opening of camp. A.J. Jenkins was a first-round pick last year, but he did not catch a pass as a rookie. Ricardo Lockette drew rave reviews from coach Jim Harbaugh at the NFL scouting combine. So Patton will have plenty of competition to get onto the field to contribute.
In his words: "Just a little bit of everything. At Louisiana Tech, I mostly played outside on the right. But the offense was so potent I didn't have to change positions. So they said a little bit of everywhere. Can I play on the left, can I play in the slot? In junior college, I always played the slot receiver, to the left and to the right. At Louisiana Tech for some reason I just played outside to the right. So I had the best of both worlds."
--Quinton Patton on how he has been used in his college career.

Kendal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping we trade our 5th for a 4th next year.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers do not have a need at running back for the upcoming season, but they envision Marcus Lattimore paying dividends down the road.

The 49ers used a fourth-round selection, No. 131 overall, to select South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore, whose final season at South Carolina was cut short due to a devastating knee injury in late-October.

[REWIND: Lattimore and QB lead list of 49ers' final-day options]

Lattimore sustained a dislocated right knee and damage to several ligaments when he absorbed a hit from Tennessee defensive back Eric Gordon.

MARCUS LATTIMORE
Position: Running back
School: South Carolina
Height/weight: 5 foot 11 3/4, 232 pounds
College career: Lattimore started 28 of 29 games during his South Carolina career. He carried 555 times for 2,677 yards (4.8 average) and set school records with 38 rushing touchdowns and 41 total scores. He also caught 74 passes for 767 yards (10.4 average) and three touchdowns.
Scouting report: A no-nonsense runner who has excellent size and runs hard between the tackles. He also has very good hands out of the backfield and was a respected team leader at South Carolina. Of course, his durability is a question.
How he fits: He joins strong group of running backs that are already on the 49ers' roster. Lattimore has a chance -- if he can return to full health -- of being the heir apparent to Frank Gore, who is signed for two more seasons. After Gore is no longer with the team, the 49ers could easily feature a three-pronged running game with Lattimore, Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James. Lattimore fits the profile of an every-down back better than Hunter and James, who are much smaller.
In his words: "I feel like we both run hard. He runs like nobody's there. He runs with total destruction. I feel like if I could compare my game to anybody, it would be Frank Gore. He's got low pads, he's got great vision, he can see the whole field. Great balance."
--Marcus Lattimore on comparisons to Gore, while speaking at the NFL scouting combine.

calison3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lonnie Pryor in the 5th. Will make the team and contribute for years

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers used their first fourth-round pick, No. 128 overall, to add to their depth at wide receiver to select Louisiana Tech's Quinton Patton.

QUINTON PATTON
College career: He was a second-team All-American flanker and team captain for Sonny
Scouting report: He performed well against top-level competition at the Senior Bowl. He's got good size and ran a 4.53 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the combine. Good balance and body control. Needs work on his route-running.
How he fits: The 49ers have Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin as the starters. Behind those two are a bunch of question marks. Mario Manningham is not en his college career.

Was that his official height at the combine?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Drew Brees got a sleeper pick here in Kenny Stills. He fits that system

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

QUINTON PATTON
College career: He was a second-team All-American flanker and team captain for Sonny Dykes' team. Patton started all 25 games he appeared in at Louisiana Tech, where he caught 183 passes for 2,594 yards and 24 touchdowns. He averaged 13.4 yards per reception last season. He transferred from Coffeyville (Kan.) College.
How he fits: The 49ers have Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin as the starters. Behind those two are a bunch of question marks. Mario Manningham is not expected to be ready until deep into training camp after season-ending knee surgery. Kyle Williams also returns from a season-ending knee injury. He is on schedule to be ready for the opening of camp. A.J. Jenkins was a first-round pick last year, but he did not catch a pass as a rookie. Ricardo Lockette drew rave reviews from coach Jim Harbaugh at the NFL scouting combine. So Patton will have plenty of competition to get onto the field to contribute.
In his words: "Just a little bit of everything. At Louisiana Tech, I mostly played outside on the right. But the offense was so potent I didn't have to change positions. So they said a little bit of everywhere. Can I play on the left, can I play in the slot? In junior college, I always played the slot receiver, to the left and to the right. At Louisiana Tech for some reason I just played outside to the right. So I had the best of both worlds."
--Quinton Patton on how he has been used in his college career.

Hey Hangman, can you post these all in one thread after the draft? Maybe the scout reviews you've scattered around as well?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, the player that everyone was comparing Patton to was Reggie Wayne.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They're talking about Ryan Broyles (Stills' ex-teammate). That brings back memories of some old arguements. I trashed on Broyles quite a bit.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just noticed Taylor to Arizona. Is someone on suicide watch for Chris?

I've never been through a more brutal draft. Never. Since '98. On the positive side, I usually am more disappointed in the guys they took than I am this year.

I didn't like the trade up for Reid. I really liked him as a player. Just didn't want him that high. I can live with Carradine (potential, potential, potential) even though the injury terrifies me. Lemonier I loved. And if I'm wrong on Lattimore, which is certainly possible, it will be great. I don't like passing on Taylor or Ware for him, though.

I understand what they WANT out of McDonald and if you had forced me to take a TE at THAT spot he'd have been one of the first ones out of my mouth but I didn't really want a TE that high and I'm far away from in love with him. I worry once Roman is gone what'll happen with McDonald.

And I fully expect a rough go of it for Patton. Was not a fan but he's another very, very solid individual personally.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love our team. Highest character locker room in the league IMO, or damn near to it.

Gay Bashing too? Being a self proclaimed "best wr of all time" doesn't help either. :suds:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, getting to the point where the niners should trade up again, get rid of that seventh pick they dont need

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Steve Williams to the Chargers is intriguing.