• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL DRAFT Baalke Bash Partie deux et trois

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives

Lemonier has very good height, length and bulk for the position and with time in an NFL weight room, should be able to pack on additional muscle to his frame. He consistently demonstrates explosive speed off the snap, and flashes the agility and quickness to be a constant pass rush threat on the edge. He looks comfortable and fluid dropping into coverage, and does an excellent job of reading his keys and locating the ball quickly.
Negatives

While he consistently defeats his man on the edge, Lemonier tends to get upright once free, which limits his ability to change directions and finish at the QB. His upright play also causes him to miss high on too many tackles that he should be able to lower his shoulder and explode through. He is not aggressive with his hands, which makes it too easy for blockers to lock onto him and sustain blocks, in particular against the run.
Analysis

Corey Lemonier is certainly not without his faults as a prospect, but he has outstanding potential as an edge rusher and the natural instincts to help him transition to a new position at the NFL level. His combination of speed, agility and explosiveness makes him a constant edge threat, and he possesses the quickness needed to employ a wide array of moves in space. While he constantly pressured the QB in games I graded, he did not finish as often as he is clearly capable of in large part to his bad habit of getting upright and a bit rigid. However, he displays enough fluidity at the LOS and dropping into coverage to lead me to believe this is a very coachable issue. He must also improve his hand usage, as he does not do a good job of fighting off blockers at the LOS and can be particularly exposed on inside runs. While his flaws may be enough to scare some teams into waiting for him to fall to day two, I expect others to fall in love with his explosiveness off the ball as well as his read and react skills. He would be an outstanding fit in Pittsburgh or San Francisco, with teams that run 34 fronts and will be patient with his development.

Read More: 2013 NFL Draft - SI.com

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I haven't been this happy on draft day since the Niners drafted Aldon Smith.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only two teams I could see taking a look at Barkley in this round are the Chiefs and Titans. Of course I could be surprised like I was with Cousins last year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought most of what I read about the Senior Bowl was that McDonald had a great week. Chris, can you weigh in on that?

They're probably referring to how he fared as a blocker at times in drills. He did have several drops, too, as they note. Really, in my opinion, from what I saw during the week, he was somewhat up and down in that area. But regardless of the Senior Bowl week, he does need refinement and technique improvement and consistency in that area.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking kidding me? They start to talk about Lemonier, only discuss how to pronounce his name, and then cut away immediately? Ugh.

This fucking pisses me off too.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His last name is pronounced

Lemon-wah

I though it was lem-own-ee-aey

As far as non-game aspect parts of Lemonier, that's going to be the thing that drives me most insane with him. Even a lot of draft people don't even pronounce his name correctly!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have to say this. I thought they announced the Texans took BRANDON WILLIAMS and my heart skipped but they said BRENNAN WILLIAMS. Sheesh! I don't want another contender adding him if the 49ers don't get him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
After all these years, Baalke is finally starting to pay attention to me. It's about time! :)

Who's next? One of the Thomas safeties?

Or dare I say... Tyler Bray?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Lemonier

DE
Junior
6-3⅜, 255 lbs
Auburn

Scouts Grade69
Position Rank14
Overall Rank113
Arm Length34-3/8"
Hand Size10-1/8"
40-YD Dash4.78
Conference SEC

1 = Exceptional2 = Above average3 = Average4 = Below average5 = Marginal

Production 2 2010: (14/1) - 17-5-2 2011: (13/13) - 47-13.5-9.52012: (12/10)  34-5.5-5.5 Career: 7 FF, 2 FR

Height-Weight-Speed 2 Height is exact average of all defensive ends to attend the combine the last five years and weight is a few pounds shy. Excellent straight-line speed; ran third-fastest 40 time (4.60) and 10-split (1.60) of DL at combine. Has big hands (10 1/8') and long arms (34 ½').

Durability 1 Played in all 39 games (24 starts) during three seasons (2010-12) at Auburn.

Intangibles 2 Pronunciation: Lemon-wah. No off the field issues to our knowledge. Good football character and intelligence. Works hard in practice and in weight room. Son of Henry and Francoise Lemonier.

Pass Rush Skills 2 Very good initial burst and straight-line speed. Has some stiffness in his movements and lacks elite torso flexibility but still bends the edge relatively tightly. Has long arms and above average hand quickness. Flashes effective slap and rip moves but needs refinement. Can be much more effective with hands if he takes to coaching in NFL. Displays a powerful upper body on tape (backed up by 27 bench reps at combine). At his best when coming from a wide-9 in a two-point stance, because when he builds a little momentum he can be very effective turning speed to power. Struggles to counter if he doesn't gain an advantage from initial contact. Shows very good closing burst to the QB and flashes explosive power.

Versus the run 3 Fires off the ball. Gets into blockers pads and can stand blockers up with initial pop. Can hold his ground and set the edge when he keeps pads low. Can be late diagnosing at times and seems a bit mechanical as a run defender. Flashes quick and violent hands but does not use them effectively enough. Too often fails to disengage in time to get back involved. Change-of-direction skills are average to slightly below average. Shows good closing burst and flashes explosive power at the point of attack as a tackler. But will come in high on occasion and fail to wrap up.

Versatility 2 Has experience playing RDE and LDE in a four-man front. Has experience rushing off both sides but appears much more natural from the right edge. Does not drop into coverage often but appears to have enough burst and awareness to do so on occasion in NFL. Looked comfortable working underneath zone the handful of times we witnessed on tape.

Instincts/Motor 3 Effort was good in six games we studied in 2012, but he was pursuing harder and more often vs. Mississippi State on September 8th than he was in tape we studied of him vs. Ole Miss on October 16th. Faced far more double teams during second half of 2012 and was frustrated at times. Worked hard to fight through most blocks and did not 'check out' mentally, but did not play with same ferociousness that we've seen on past tapes. Also, was late getting into stance and late off snap of ball too often in 2012, which is not something we noticed in four games studied from 2011.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks, NFL Network for that highlight reminder of Eddie Lacey.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives

Lemonier has very good height, length and bulk for the position and with time in an NFL weight room, should be able to pack on additional muscle to his frame. He consistently demonstrates explosive speed off the snap, and flashes the agility and quickness to be a constant pass rush threat on the edge. He looks comfortable and fluid dropping into coverage, and does an excellent job of reading his keys and locating the ball quickly.
Negatives

While he consistently defeats his man on the edge, Lemonier tends to get upright once free, which limits his ability to change directions and finish at the QB. His upright play also causes him to miss high on too many tackles that he should be able to lower his shoulder and explode through. He is not aggressive with his hands, which makes it too easy for blockers to lock onto him and sustain blocks, in particular against the run.
Analysis

Corey Lemonier is certainly not without his faults as a prospect, but he has outstanding potential as an edge rusher and the natural instincts to help him transition to a new position at the NFL level. His combination of speed, agility and explosiveness makes him a constant edge threat, and he possesses the quickness needed to employ a wide array of moves in space. While he constantly pressured the QB in games I graded, he did not finish as often as he is clearly capable of in large part to his bad habit of getting upright and a bit rigid. However, he displays enough fluidity at the LOS and dropping into coverage to lead me to believe this is a very coachable issue. He must also improve his hand usage, as he does not do a good job of fighting off blockers at the LOS and can be particularly exposed on inside runs. While his flaws may be enough to scare some teams into waiting for him to fall to day two, I expect others to fall in love with his explosiveness off the ball as well as his read and react skills. He would be an outstanding fit in Pittsburgh or San Francisco, with teams that run 34 fronts and will be patient with his development.

Read More: 2013 NFL Draft - SI.com

Nice.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Typical New England pick again. Ha. There's about 7 more Rutgers players that have chances to get drafted but the Patriots only have 4 more picks. Quick, get on the phone with them.

edillingham001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are a bunch of SC guys on here...what are your guys` thoughts on Khaled Holmes in the 5th or 6th? I think he could be a decent pickup if they miss out on Jones.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, is Skip Bayless going to have thoughts of picking the Rams to win the division this year now? I know he doesn't like Sam Bradford a whole lot but it would be like him to have thoughts of it.