• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Free Agents

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thoughts on Dwayne Bowe? He's not the hot topic he once was... Of course he has had no one to throw to him, so...

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Dwayne Bowe? He's not the hot topic he once was... Of course he has had no one to throw to him, so...

He's my top free agent target (depending on his contract demands of course). He doesn't stretch the field like Wallace, but he's a more complete WR and better red zone threat. I'm worried he'll be franchised again, but the Chiefs may feel that 10-11 million is too much for the franchise tag on him this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think Bowe's best days are already behind him. I also think Wallace will be able to keep up his current level of play for a good 3-4 years.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Bowe's best days are already behind him. I also think Wallace will be able to keep up his current level of play for a good 3-4 years.

3-4 years, and Jenkins might be ready?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we extend Goodwin to make his deal friendlier or do we outright cut him? Can Kilgore take over? I don't want to burn a high pick on a C.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I want us to sign RB Mendenhall as a UFA.

He's a good buy low candidate, he's only 25 and he had three 1000 yard seasons for the Steelers. He was in the Steelers dog house last year for skipping a meeting and I think his stock is low.

He'd round out our backfield nicely with Gore, Hunter, James, and Mendenhall.

We'd be set. Let the 3 young guys battle it out for the eventual Gore successor.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want us to sign RB Mendenhall as a UFA.

He's a good buy low candidate, he's only 25 and he had three 1000 yard seasons for the Steelers. He was in the Steelers dog house last year for skipping a meeting and I think his stock is low.

He'd round out our backfield nicely with Gore, Hunter, James, and Mendenhall.

We'd be set. Let the 3 young guys battle it out for the eventual Gore successor.

Mendenhall would be a good pick up. He didn't look that great coming back from his injury though. I also want to see what Jewel Hampton can do. Lot's of coaches and reporters were giving him pretty good reviews.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of rb fee agents I'd rather use a pick

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for Mendenhall. not enough plays for all those backs. We have so many more needs than RB. Hell Dixon is all on the roster and want terrible in his limited time this season.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowe >> Wallace. That dude is a game changes and always open, with a QB like Kaep he could be a top 5 receiver.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowe >> Wallace. That dude is a game changes and always open, with a QB like Kaep he could be a top 5 receiver.

I like Wallace younger better deep threat but Bowe is good

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wallace younger better deep threat but Bowe is good

Wallace is pretty one d, he's a deep threat. While Bowe can do it all, the guy is a true #1 receiver. If people don't think Bowe is a deep threat, they better start watching some Chiefs games.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wallace is pretty one d, he's a deep threat. While Bowe can do it all, the guy is a true #1 receiver. If people don't think Bowe is a deep threat, they better start watching some Chiefs games.

The problem with Bowe is you'd be buying high. And the Niners aren't the Patriots trying to eek out a few more winning seasons; they're the 2001 Patriots trying to build a winner for the next decade.

Bowe's best days are behind him. Wallace will be in his prime for a lot lonoger. And with Kaep's arm, the Niners need a real deep threat. Keep the safeties away from Vernon.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Bowe is you'd be buying high. And the Niners aren't the Patriots trying to eek out a few more winning seasons; they're the 2001 Patriots trying to build a winner for the next decade.

Bowe's best days are behind him. Wallace will be in his prime for a lot lonoger. And with Kaep's arm, the Niners need a real deep threat. Keep the safeties away from Vernon.

Where is this idea that Bowe's best days are behind him? The guy is in his prime. You can't look at statistics to try to make that determination. If he had a QB he would be a top 5 receiver right now. The guy is going to be a monster for whoever he goes to. He has at least 3 or 4 more great years in front of him. As someone who watches pretty much every Chiefs game I can assure you that his best years certainly aren't behind him.

It is crazy that people on here don't realize how big of a deep threat Bowe is, the guy gets open on short, intermediate and deep routes. The problem with deep routes is that Cassel was the worse deep ball thrower in the NFL so he didn't have a ton of deep grabs. Just wait and see.

I do however agree that we are building through the draft and not FA, which is why I woldn't want either Bowe or Wallace at this point.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If he had a QB he would be a top 5 receiver right now.

I don't think he'd be anywhere near top 5. He's more like a Michael Crabtree caliber WR right now. Maybe a little better. But the guy used to be one of the best in the league, and I just think that was his peak. Not saying he isn't still a great WR, but I think his peaked a couple of years ago and, and I think his play will be just a little better than Anquan Boldin's play when he joined the Ravens. Very good, but not worth a huge contract.

I do however agree that we are building through the draft and not FA, which is why I woldn't want either Bowe or Wallace at this point.

Generally I agree, but the two are not mutually exclusive. Justin Smith was a FA signing after all.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'd be anywhere near top 5. He's more like a Michael Crabtree caliber WR right now. Maybe a little better. But the guy used to be one of the best in the league, and I just think that was his peak. Not saying he isn't still a great WR, but I think his peaked a couple of years ago and, and I think his play will be just a little better than Anquan Boldin's play when he joined the Ravens. Very good, but not worth a huge contract.

Generally I agree, but the two are not mutually exclusive. Justin Smith was a FA signing after all.

Not even close to a Michael Crabtree. Bowe is comparable to Andre Johnson the way he plays. You gotta catch more Chiefs games man. The guy is still one of the best recievers in the league, the past two seasons he has had Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn missing him with terrible passes. You are undervaluing him due to stats I feel, you gotta watch him week in and week out and you'll see it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably gonna need more like 7-8 years before he's ready (at this rate).

Oh, the Alex Smith syndrome. But the good news is, he might be good enough until we bring in a Kaep to the position. ;)