• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Broncos Schedule

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are NOT saying Flacco benefitted from a tough defense last year? The Ravens were like 17th in the league for most of the year and were as bad as 25th in the league at a point against the run. In fact if any QB's benefitted from the Ravens defense it was Manning and Brady playing against what WAS a terrible defense. You don't have to look any further then this years defensive team to see all the new faces to know how bad last years D was. Ask the Texans how happy they are they picked up Ed Reed. lol!!!

Flacco lobs the ball? are u kidding me? He has the strongest arm in the league and throws it on a rope it just so happens the "Mile High Miracle" ball was thrown with touch it had to be it was 70 frkn yards.

Bottomline: Flacco has as many SUper Bowls as Manning and if not for dropped ball the year before is in anther Super Bowl WITH a terrible defense. Like I said I would love to see Brady and Manning play in the AFCN.

I think Mannings throws are more like punts or "wishes" then throwa Flacco can out-throw Manning all day are u nuts?

:doh:

If you are going to come here and try to engage in decent conversation with us maybe you should show a little bit of respect instead of just running your stupid mouth. First off yes Baltimore's defense spent most of the year ranked in the bottom half of the league but everybody got to see how good that defense was when it got healthy in the playoffs. So now that a huge chunk of that defense is gone at least preseason they have looked very shaky. That intense pressure that the number 1 unit was supposed to have hasn't quite been there and the secondary looks very weak especially at the safety position (so yes I think Houston is very excited to have Ed Reed not only as a good player for them but because it makes the Ravens weaker).

2nd you need to shut your damn mouth when it comes to Manning. Saying that his throws are more like punts or "wishes" is about the most ignorant and idiotic thing I have read on these boards and that is saying something. When the guy is in the top 3 of almost every single quarterback statistic in NFL history I am pretty sure the guy knows what he is doing throwing the football. I can agree that sometimes his throws don't always look the prettiest but at the same time they are almost always right on target. I watched Flacco in this last game and his receivers were having to turn their bodies every which way to catch his off target throws. This is why the loss of Bolden will be so huge because Flacco could just throw up a prayer and know that Bolden was going to come down with it. Good luck with Jones trying to do the same thing...the second a player hits him and breaks a finger nail on his hand he will be out for the season.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TGann,

I was looking at more of a sample size then one year, unlike Ravens fans who see a SB win and want to anoint Flacco the greatest QB ever. You brought up how successful Flacco has been in his career and for his CAREER he has had a good defense and run game to lean on.

As for the Manning throws, the dude never had a great arm but made plays happen. As pointed out, he leads in many QB statistics so he makes it work.

A successful post-season does not make a QB elite. If he does it again this year or can carry the team if he needs to I will be willing to eat crow. I have seen too many QBs string together a great few games to crown them elite that easily.

By the way, Brees and Rodgers have as many SB wins as Flacco, they are elite. Eli Manning has more, he is not elite. Elite QBs carry the team more often than not with great success. Flacco and Eli are able to lean on a good defense and running game, HISTORICALLY.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TGann,

I was looking at more of a sample size then one year, unlike Ravens fans who see a SB win and want to anoint Flacco the greatest QB ever. You brought up how successful Flacco has been in his career and for his CAREER he has had a good defense and run game to lean on.

As for the Manning throws, the dude never had a great arm but made plays happen. As pointed out, he leads in many QB statistics so he makes it work.

A successful post-season does not make a QB elite. If he does it again this year or can carry the team if he needs to I will be willing to eat crow. I have seen too many QBs string together a great few games to crown them elite that easily.

By the way, Brees and Rodgers have as many SB wins as Flacco, they are elite. Eli Manning has more, he is not elite. Elite QBs carry the team more often than not with great success. Flacco and Eli are able to lean on a good defense and running game, HISTORICALLY.

Plus if he is going to consider Flacco elite because of his one Superbowl then Ben Roethlisberger needs to be considered Super elite because he has won more Superbowls than Flacco. Flacco isn't even close to Roethlisberger's league at this point.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Cdumler...Don't get your panties in a bunch...It was said by Broncosr0k's friend that Flacco throws deep like a punt..tis just not true but to compare Flaccos rocket of an arm to Mannings soft throws its not fair to Manning..Flacco wins that all day.

Flacco has made it to the playoffs every year he has been in the league and 3 AFC champiionships in 5 year and 1 Super Bowl victory. Don't even try to say its bc the Ravens had a great defense or run game bc if that's the case then why hadn't all the mediocre or bad QB's the Ravens have had lead them to the playoffs or Super Bowls every year then? What changed is the Ravens got Flacco and he is a winner. Its not always about stats its about refusing to lose when it counts. Id take him in the playoffs over any QB in the league. He regularly outlays Brady in playoff game including last years AFCCG when we won and the yea before when the Ravens blew it but not bc of Flacco his numbers were much better then Bradys were.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Cdumler...Don't get your panties in a bunch...It was said by Broncosr0k's friend that Flacco throws deep like a punt..tis just not true but to compare Flaccos rocket of an arm to Mannings soft throws its not fair to Manning..Flacco wins that all day.

Flacco has made it to the playoffs every year he has been in the league and 3 AFC champiionships in 5 year and 1 Super Bowl victory. Don't even try to say its bc the Ravens had a great defense or run game bc if that's the case then why hadn't all the mediocre or bad QB's the Ravens have had lead them to the playoffs or Super Bowls every year then? What changed is the Ravens got Flacco and he is a winner. Its not always about stats its about refusing to lose when it counts. Id take him in the playoffs over any QB in the league. He regularly outlays Brady in playoff game including last years AFCCG when we won and the yea before when the Ravens blew it but not bc of Flacco his numbers were much better then Bradys were.

Funny that you don't mention the fact that a certain John Harbaugh happened to be hired that exact same year. I guess the guy that is being considered one of the top 5 coaches in the NFL had nothing to do with the fact that the Ravens all of a sudden became relevant again and it was all Flacco that all of a sudden lead to the instant success. Doesn't matter that only once has Flacco actually finished in the top 10 for Quarterback Rating. Doesn't matter that he only has 10 4th quarter comebacks in his career (in comparison Ben Roethlisberger had 15 in his first 5 years) (Peyton had 16). I guess it doesn't matter that (and yes I understand this is just Fantasy Football but should show how important a player is to a team compared to others) that Flacco is usually drafted as a back up where Ray Rice is taken top 5 almost every single year.

I guess the fact that the run game has finished top 11 4 of his 5 years in the league doesn't help him at all. I guess the fact that the defense has been top 10 all but this last year for him didn't help either.

You are starting to sound like the Tebowmaniacs that kept saying the Broncos only won because of Tebow. Nice group to be associated with in stupidity.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is sad that I have to point this out to a Ravens fan. Trent Dilfer, I guess he was an elite QB that should be going to the HoF any year now. And if Flacco is so great in the post-season why did Ed Reed and the murderer feel the need to tell him to step up his game a couple years ago?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Cdumler...Just talking football guy...I was known under a different name on the 'other' boards I am surprised u haven't figured it out yet...

Well if you are putting Flaccos success on Harbs being in the league the same period then its not a stretch to assume such a great coach should be accredited for drafting such a great QB. Or is it Flacco that makes Harbs look so good?

@Broncosr0k...I already answered the Trent Dilfer argument for you. When Dilfer won the SUper Bowl the Ravens were #1 in defense period end of story. That 2000 Ravens defense is arguably the best defense EVER in the NFL. When Flacco won the Super Bowl last year the Ravens defense was ranked as low as 25th in areas and never got above 17th across the board. Totally different situation and team makeup. Basically no Flacco last year no SB win its simple and it was the first time in Ravens history that the offense carried the defense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Cdumler...Just talking football guy...I was known under a different name on the 'other' boards I am surprised u haven't figured it out yet...

Well if you are putting Flaccos success on Harbs being in the league the same period then its not a stretch to assume such a great coach should be accredited for drafting such a great QB. Or is it Flacco that makes Harbs look so good?

@Broncosr0k...I already answered the Trent Dilfer argument for you. When Dilfer won the SUper Bowl the Ravens were #1 in defense period end of story. That 2000 Ravens defense is arguably the best defense EVER in the NFL. When Flacco won the Super Bowl last year the Ravens defense was ranked as low as 25th in areas and never got above 17th across the board. Totally different situation and team makeup. Basically no Flacco last year no SB win its simple and it was the first time in Ravens history that the offense carried the defense.

Only Ravens fan that I remember talking with was crvnrvn. Mostly because he was pretty funny and you always wondered whether he was drunk when he was posting the things he was. I'm not denying that Flacco is a decent quarterback but there is no way in hell that I would put him among the elite quarterbacks in the league with the fact that for the most part in his career great coaching, great defense, and great running games have helped him be who he is. He has done well in the playoffs but I would never say he was a big part of the reason that they actually got to the playoffs other than he did not throw a ton of interceptions so he at least didn't lose them games during the regular season all that often.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enuff...I always judge QB's by SB rings,then playoff records,playoff appearances,then stats.

Others differ I get it not here to drink more purple Kool-Aid nobody drinks more. However, since being a Ravens fan since day 1 I should know how pathetic the other QBs were in that time including Dilfer and the difference between a Dilfer and Flacco. The difference is our team NEVER had to score more then 13/14 points in any game and we would either win or come close it was that simple.

I respect the Broncos they are good and will be real good this year. Manning is about as good as it gets stats-wise just not in the playoffs that's where him and Flacco are polar opposites. Flacco looks human all year then goes beast mode in January.

Remember 'Yandaformayor' on the other board?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enuff...I always judge QB's by SB rings,then playoff records,playoff appearances,then stats.

Others differ I get it not here to drink more purple Kool-Aid nobody drinks more. However, since being a Ravens fan since day 1 I should know how pathetic the other QBs were in that time including Dilfer and the difference between a Dilfer and Flacco. The difference is our team NEVER had to score more then 13/14 points in any game and we would either win or come close it was that simple.

I respect the Broncos they are good and will be real good this year. Manning is about as good as it gets stats-wise just not in the playoffs that's where him and Flacco are polar opposites. Flacco looks human all year then goes beast mode in January.

Hmmm the name kind of sounds familiar. Like I said Crvn is the only one I really remember as he just cracked me up with his comments. I agree playoff victories are important but can be misleading. Manning for example is top 10 in playoff QBR for career yet loses. His QBR does go down come playoff time but not a ton. He goes from a career 95 QBR to an 88 in the playoffs if I remember right. That is expected as you usually are playing more difficult defenses in more intense games than the regular season.

I will give it to Joe as he is a big reason that they won in the playoffs this past year and for the most part has done decent in the playoffs but I have also seen there are games for him where he threw for 34 yards and the team won. You can't tell me he was a major reason they actually won that game. IF anything they were trying to take the ball out of his hands and let the run game and defense just win the game. Heck before this last post season he had only had one game of throwing for over a 100 QBR in a game. He has a worse QBR than Peyton in the playoffs so if that is true then I would say the difference between the two has to be Flacco has had better players around him up to this point in his career.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do. Don`t recall ever thinking " that guys a real dick" but that can always change tgann:yahoo:.
Also, lets just see how THIS year plays out. Hope both qbs stay healthy and meet again in "playoff". Don`t think wk 1 game will be indicator as teams are still getting their sh#t together. Hope they meet, will be great gm again, but no more gimmees for Flacco this time:)

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^That's the spirit...I wasn't a dick on the other board and I liked the Broncos board...less trolls then the Ravens board and its no fun chatting with Steelers and Bungles fans its overplayed.

I think the Ravens and Broncos will be in the playoffs again this year we shall see what happens.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly Superbowl or bust for this team...

With Houston doing their annual "Ha Ha You thought we were a Playoff Team?".... Broncos should run the table. final five games.

13 Sun, Dec 1 at Kansas City 1:00 PM
14 Sun, Dec 8 Tennessee 4:05 PM
15 Thu, Dec 12 San Diego 8:25 PM
16 Sun, Dec 22 at Houston 1:00 PM
17 Sun, Dec 29 at Oakland 4:25 PM

I'm hoping for a multiple, body-bag game to open the season against Ravens. A few years back, Ravens opened at Steelers and neither team recovered.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron,

The patriots would need the broncos and ravens to take each other out to make it this year. They are losing receivers left and right.

(Begrudgingly, Belichick always seems to make things work with what he has.)

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ron...

Its sad that your only chance is the demise of the best in the AFC and says a lot about what you think your chances are this year.

Please continue its comical.

:nod:

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ron...

Its sad that your only chance is the demise of the best in the AFC and says a lot about what you think your chances are this year.

Please continue its comical.

why dont you have your little cat fight on your own board ?? I see nothing ever changes, raven fans are still nothing but little trolls.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Kwit..

I remember you from the other boards... U ran ur little mouth at on our board when u beat us at home then looked like a monkey f*cking a football when u got beat at home in the playoffs...free country and im talking football...don't like it leave.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys really think you will be a dominant force this year while losing Vonn for the first 6 games? How do you think he will play in game 7? I thought for sure, before Vonn was SSPD, the Broncos would have been top notch. Right now I am not so sure. I think the Chiefs are better this year and have a chance and don't think the Charges will do anything. IMO, Rivers is done.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys really think you will be a dominant force this year while losing Vonn for the first 6 games? How do you think he will play in game 7? I thought for sure, before Vonn was SSPD, the Broncos would have been top notch. Right now I am not so sure. I think the Chiefs are better this year and have a chance and don't think the Charges will do anything. IMO, Rivers is done.

Well couple of things on this. John Fox in his career is I think 38-3 when the offense scores more than 26 points per game. Most of his wins came without Von Miller and he has never had a quarterback like Peyton Manning who for his career averages over 26 points per game. It also is not like the Broncos are playing a lot of top notch teams. 3 of their opponents finished in the bottom 5 of the league in Philly, Oakland, and Jacksonville. Only one of the teams they are playing in the first 6 games finished in the top 10 for offense in Dallas and only one team they are playing actually made the playoffs last year. 4 of the games are home games so that should help.

Now you talk about the Chiefs being better which they should be (but let's be honest you can't get much worse than what they were last year), but with this being year one with a new quarterback, coach and still trying to build some timing with that offense and defense they are probably a year away from being playoff contenders.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say the Broncos have a MUCH better chance dominating the AFC West than the Steelers have at dominating the AFC North. I'd also say Denver has a much better shot at making the playoffs than Pittsburgh does too.

One person doesn't a defense make.