• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Western Conference Win Projections

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But these standings feel more like media hype standings rather then actually standings

Vegas doesn't project teams season W/L on media hype.

They play with real money, not v chips.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is definitely a public perception involved, but Vegas is definitely pretty sharp.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to me. The Clippers won 56 games last yr and they got better role players and a better coach so 57 games is about right. The Rockets is the only team I agree with you about media hype because we have yet to see them play. I would change the Spurs in total to about 56 and change Denver win total to 49 or 50.

The Lakers win total is surprisingly low I would've thought it would be around 41 or 42

I pretty much agree with you except Denver I think they win 46-48 games

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to me. The Clippers won 56 games last yr and they got better role players and a better coach so 57 games is about right. The Rockets is the only team I agree with you about media hype because we have yet to see them play. I would change the Spurs in total to about 56 and change Denver win total to 49 or 50.

The Lakers win total is surprisingly low I would've thought it would be around 41 or 42

I think that the Lakers win total is based on the uncertainty of when Kobe will return and what he'll have when he does.

It was announced this morning that he has been cleared to ramp up his workouts. I don't know if that means ramp up from where they were or ramp up to his usual workouts. Most seem to feel we're looking at a late November to early December return. Kobe says it will take him about 3 weeks to get fully back in shape once he can get back to his normal workouts.

On the positive side: The Lakers have 2 more wins than they had at this time last season!!:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Lakers win total is based on the uncertainty of when Kobe will return and what he'll have when he does.

It was announced this morning that he has been cleared to ramp up his workouts. I don't know if that means ramp up from where they were or ramp up to his usual workouts. Most seem to feel we're looking at a late November to early December return. Kobe says it will take him about 3 weeks to get fully back in shape once he can get back to his normal workouts.

On the positive side: The Lakers have 2 more wins than they had at this time last season!!:lol:

I won't even say it.:doh:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what, that you don't understand sarcasm? I don't think TF was being serious hence the :lol: emoticon.

Ummmm.

Did you ever consider that my reply was sarcasm in response to his sarcasm? :noidea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be at least 1 surprise team in the West. A lot of the teams have some pretty big issues.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of IF's have to go Lakers way to have a decent season and make the playoffs including:

*Nash, Pau, play pretty much injury-free and find the fountain of youth
*The new players meshing in Mike's system(early signs they're buying into the defensive side but much more to go) but watching Pau and Kaman gives Lakers fans hope
*The drive for a number of players on 1-year contracts to show what they can do
*Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry
*Kobe