• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Western Conference Win Projections

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't you heard CL? Stevens, Rondo and Sullinger are going to lead the Celtics to the championship this year!! They will "shock the world"!!

Crotch's annual thread stating exactly this, will be up just about any day now!!:lol:

we've seen this kind of delusion from OTHER posters on this board. i won't mention any names...:angel:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at an admitted "bandwagon fan" LOL'ing at ANY fanbase!!

LOL at thinking you aren't a band wagon fan. The difference is I thought about who I root for and you let your surroundings/parents/friends say you have to root for.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at thinking you aren't a band wagon fan. The difference is I thought about who I root for and you let your surroundings/parents/friends say you have to root for.

i think you don't quite get what a bandwagon fan actually is from this post...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: at you LOL'ing at me and thinking that my surroundings/parents/friends have anything to do with my being a Lakers fan!!

I have been a Lakers fan for 43 years. If my family had any influence, I'd be a Suns fan. My parents grew up in Phoenix and they and all of my relatives (including my sister) are Suns fans. I am the lone Lakers fan in my family. This is despite my aunts having Suns season tickets and taking me to Suns games when I was a kid. As for my friends, while most are Lakers fans, 2 of my closer friends are actually Celtics fans (keeping my enemies closer, LOL).

I'd say that being a Lakers fan since I was 8 years old and resisting being a Suns fans all of these years, qualifies me as something more than a "bandwagon fan"!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Boston and Laker fans fighting over who will be more irrelevant. Could you imagine that in the 80s?

The Heat number alone is only 3 less then the Lakers/Celts combined.:omg:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you don't quite get what a bandwagon fan actually is from this post...

This is more than possible.

:lol: at you LOL'ing at me and thinking that my surroundings/parents/friends have anything to do with my being a Lakers fan!!

I have been a Lakers fan for 43 years. If my family had any influence, I'd be a Suns fan. My parents grew up in Phoenix and they and all of my relatives (including my sister) are Suns fans. I am the lone Lakers fan in my family. This is despite my aunts having Suns season tickets and taking me to Suns games when I was a kid. As for my friends, while most are Lakers fans, 2 of my closer friends are actually Celtics fans (keeping my enemies closer, LOL).

I'd say that being a Lakers fan since I was 8 years old and resisting being a Suns fans all of these years, qualifies me as something more than a "bandwagon fan"!!

So you are saying you have been a fan since the LA Lakers were going to the finals for 7 of 9 years (lost all of them) and Bill Russell finally retired so that you guys might win a ring? Sounds pretty bandwagony.

My point is that every one is a bandwagon fan at one point or time. You guys may be thinking of fair weather fans who only root for the favorites and team. To be honest they are just talent and management with competence.

I root for players mostly, and then competence and desire for success. Maybe other people enjoy lotteries so much they can stand behind the same local team, I think lotteries are a tax on people who can not do math and do not enjoy them.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vlade Divac just said the Lakers are going for the championship this year. GAME OVER HEAT.

:laugh3:, seriously though the Lakers are at least making the playoffs. I mean the T-Wolves? We smash the T-Wolves every year.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Clippers have an old as dirt team (oldest in West?) with injury history of their own.
Their average years of experience for core players is greater than any West team other than the Lakers.

2. Howard is forever walking wounded (has he been healthy in 3 years??) along with Jeremy (ambulance) Lin.

3. OKC has never had real injury issues, other than a playoff loss of Westbrook. The other starters routinely play 79+ games per season.

4. San Antonio relies on its depth and system far more than its stars now. Pop plays about 11 guys.

Yet, the health of the Thunder/Spurs makes them fall to #3 and #4???

I don't understand the love for the Clippers.

They are older, less talented, less proven, injury prone, and thin skinned players who never win anything at any time period.

maybe Doc Rivers??
That is all I can think is the reason.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@horns

The love is always on the Clippers because they have Griffin who sells tickets and commercials, so naturally the public will have a largely inflated opinion of him. They also have CP3 who for some reason is forever never scrutinized. Add in Doc who is probably also a little overrated and it makes perfect sense where all the love for the Clippers comes from.

That being said a lot of it is justified because even overrated Doc is still a damn good coach and that team is pretty good too.

Yes OKC has a history of being healthy and their stars playing a lot of minutes and a lot of games. That was history and today they have a superstar PG who is going to miss about 21 games. That is not healthy imo.

Howard is injury prone it would seem, that being said he hasn't been motivated or comfortable in about the same amount of time.

The Spurs will forever be underrated and they very well could snag home court throw the Finals, but more likely scenario is that they are another year older and Kwahi will still be coming into his own.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc is a huge upgrade over their last coach. I expect a lot less "CP3 please save us, you're our only hope".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are saying you have been a fan since the LA Lakers were going to the finals for 7 of 9 years (lost all of them) and Bill Russell finally retired so that you guys might win a ring? Sounds pretty bandwagony.

My point is that every one is a bandwagon fan at one point or time. You guys may be thinking of fair weather fans who only root for the favorites and team. To be honest they are just talent and management with competence.

I root for players mostly, and then competence and desire for success. Maybe other people enjoy lotteries so much they can stand behind the same local team, I think lotteries are a tax on people who can not do math and do not enjoy them.

No, I'm saying that I have been a Lakers fan since 1970!! I was 8 years old and didn't know anything about the Lakers history. My aunts took to my first NBA game and it happened to be Suns/Lakers. They expected I would be a Suns fan, but I chose the Lakers and have never wavered.

A bandwagon fan is a fan who switches to whomever the "hot" team or "winning team" is!! For example: In the 80's and 90's I used to play pick up basketball games at the same park every weekend. Throughout the 80's all you ever saw were guys in Lakers or Celtics gear (mainly Lakers since it's SoCal) wearing Magic or Bird Converse basketball shoes.

In the 90's, many of those same guys were out there in Bulls gear and Air Jordan shoes claiming to be "lifelong Bulls fans"!!

That is the definition of a bandwagon fan. You jump on the bandwagon of whatever team is winning.

A fairweather fan, stops watching/attending games when their team is doing poorly and then comes back when they are doing well!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like you're less a bandwagon fan and more of a "players fan"!! I don't remember if you were on cbs, but there was a guy over there who's screenname was Whoosh, who was a big Tracy McGrady fan. Basically, whatever team McGrady was on, became his favorite team. That's a players fan!!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Clippers 57
2. Rockets 55.5
3. Spurs 54.5
4. Thunder 51.5
5. Warriors 50.5
6. Grizzlies 50
7. Nuggets 46.5
8. Mavs 44.5
9. T Wolves 40.5
10. Pelicans 39.5
11. Blazers 39
12 LAKERS 35.5
13 Spurs 31.5
14 Jazz 26.5
15 Phoenix 21.5

No way rockets are better than spurs or thunder

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way rockets are better than spurs or thunder

51.5 sounds about right for OKC. They did nothing in the offseason and they won't be getting Westbrook back until December.

Remember how bad they look without Westbrook in the playoffs?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
51.5 sounds about right for OKC. They did nothing in the offseason and they won't be getting Westbrook back until December.

Remember how bad they look without Westbrook in the playoffs?

Oh yeah that's right. I was assuming Westbrook was back. Lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But these standings feel more like media hype standings rather then actually standings

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But these standings feel more like media hype standings rather then actually standings

Not to me. The Clippers won 56 games last yr and they got better role players and a better coach so 57 games is about right. The Rockets is the only team I agree with you about media hype because we have yet to see them play. I would change the Spurs in total to about 56 and change Denver win total to 49 or 50.

The Lakers win total is surprisingly low I would've thought it would be around 41 or 42

Phillip Oliver Holz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz total is way too low. I see them winning at least 51 games with the young and fast lineup.