• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 season review

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
peyton wins the manning bowl for another super bowl appearance

jim wins the harbowl in his first super bowl

the end

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does your boy Alex make the probowl? Does Crabtree get cut?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alex smith and crabtree are the water boys

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alex smith and crabtree are the water boys

Look, I understand that you are separating yourself from the Smith fanboy image you have, but this retro-Alex bashing makes what you said before sound so cheap and what you say now so fake and so forced. And it's not just this post. I mean, no offense but it's getting a bit much. You may feel Smith turned us down or that Manning is suddenly healthier than you stated before, but have some consistency with your support. I always repected that about you, even when I disagreed pr thought you were a bit defensive of Smith. You can support Alex and recognize Manning presents better chances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we can win with smith because he should get better having a year under his belt. nothing has changed on my analysis of smith. a lot of ppl nitpick too much about smith, making me defend him. i really didn't think it was justified given the injuries at wr and having a pretty poor interior line.

but seriously, if manning is healthy and isn't showing signs of weakness in his arm, then who cares about smith? why wait for smith to go from a B qb to an A- when we can get an A+?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we can win with smith because he should get better having a year under his belt. nothing has changed on my analysis of smith. a lot of ppl nitpick too much about smith, making me defend him. i really didn't think it was justified given the injuries at wr and having a pretty poor interior line.

but seriously, if manning is healthy and isn't showing signs of weakness in his arm, then who cares about smith? why wait for smith to go from a B qb to an A- when we can get an A+?

I don't think Smith is a "B" qb based on his 2011 numbers. If all you're taking into account is his quarterback rating, then he was a B QB. Overall, I'd put him no better than a C-. His third down conversion percentage was one of the worst in the league. His redzone production was abyssmal. His YPA was JV-esque.

In short, Smith has been in the league 7 years, and for 6 of those years he was between an F and a D+. Saying he's on the cusp of becoming either of the Mannings, Brady, Brees or Rodgers is ignoring both history and reality.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said he's going to be that level. a C player is a back up and i don't see smith as a back up. bringing up his previous years makes thing tough since he lost a season and a half. he had to get back on track with horrible coaching and bad talent.

he played well last year when needed. 3rd down conversions weren't good nor was the red zone offense. we were stuck in 3rd and long so many times and we didn't have enough talent to convert. he did lead a few comebacks when needed. most of the time the offense wasnt opened up. we coasted through most games unless we lost the lead. then smith performed more often than not.

A- is closer to jeff garcia level when he was here. is that so far fetched for smith?