• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(2) SHARKS vs (7) KINGS

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want this thing to get underway already. How come I feel like every year the Sharks are the last team to play their Game 1? Lets just play already, Im all rested and ready to go!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew, I thought it was hockey experts. ESPN experts picking the Sharks is like having golf wives pick the series. They might be right but they are only picking the Sharks because they have prettier uniforms. :moony:

:tsk:

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, you're pretty too. :love:
I think the Kings can win the series if the can keep the games close and get some lucky bounces and a few brides to the right ref. I am broke and can only afford one. Williams and Parse might be back for the second round so there is a reason to win.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Williams was cleared for round 1.

I picked Sharks in 4 on the predictions thread, but that was one of those "eh why the heck not" picks. I think the Kings have the edge in this series if they keep the games low scoring, they seem to win a lot of games like that and I think the Sharks could get nervous / tight. Other teams have had some success keeping the Sharks off the board in the playoffs in previous years, and knocked them out. For the most part those teams had equal or less talent on D and goalie.

I dont feel like the Kings are getting enough credit going into this series. Yes Kopitar is out, but the Kings have a lot of talent outside of Anze. I think the Sharks are the favorites but not by that much, I can see the Kings winning some tight 3-2, 2-1 games and taking this series.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Williams was cleared for round 1.

I picked Sharks in 4 on the predictions thread, but that was one of those "eh why the heck not" picks. I think the Kings have the edge in this series if they keep the games low scoring, they seem to win a lot of games like that and I think the Sharks could get nervous / tight. Other teams have had some success keeping the Sharks off the board in the playoffs in previous years, and knocked them out. For the most part those teams had equal or less talent on D and goalie.

I dont feel like the Kings are getting enough credit going into this series. Yes Kopitar is out, but the Kings have a lot of talent outside of Anze. I think the Sharks are the favorites but not by that much, I can see the Kings winning some tight 3-2, 2-1 games and taking this series.

The only way the Kings win this series if the Sharks CHOKE.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sharks should no doubt win this matchup. the kings have struggled to get hot lately if they don't get going now it will be a short series!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew, I thought it was hockey experts. ESPN experts picking the Sharks is like having golf wives pick the series. They might be right but they are only picking the Sharks because they have prettier uniforms. :moony:

That is debatable. I'm not really a fan of the changes that were made a few years ago to the Sharks uniforms. Always loved them before that. The Kings uniforms look pretty good. A definite improvement from the Marcel Dionne era.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sharks should no doubt win this matchup. the kings have struggled to get hot lately if they don't get going now it will be a short series!

if they play Westgarth often, it will be a very short series.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Sharks have come together over the last few months has me thinking this is their year. My head tells me that the Wings and Canucks will face off in the WCFs, my gut tells me the Sharks are going to represent the West. Hate to say it Kings fans, but your team looks like a speed bump for the Sharks right now. I know, I know, every year for the last ten years has been "the Shark's year", but I can finally feel it. I hope to fuck I'm wrong though, I want Lidstrom to pass the Cup to Modano and ride off into the sunset...

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Sharks have come together over the last few months has me thinking this is their year. My head tells me that the Wings and Canucks will face off in the WCFs, my gut tells me the Sharks are going to represent the West. Hate to say it Kings fans, but your team looks like a speed bump for the Sharks right now. I know, I know, every year for the last ten years has been "the Shark's year", but I can finally feel it. I hope to fuck I'm wrong though, I want Lidstrom to pass the Cup to Modano and ride off into the sunset...

Hey! I like the way you think!

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! I like the way you think!

I don't..

But seriously, The Kings have a very slim chance to make it past the first round. Anything can happen, Quick could have a magical post season, Handzus could be on fire and JJ could be putting up some points. All I know I feel it may come down to the Wings and Canucks in the end. Can't wait to get this show on the road!

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalty Killing

Kings 85.5% (4th)

Sharks 79.4% (24th)

PK Goals-Against

LAK 40 (1st)

SJS 56 (23rd)