• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(2) SHARKS vs (7) KINGS

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be fine with Demers getting two minutes for that hit but it is not suspension worthy. Stoll's hit was way worse.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I want to say this: If Jarret Stoll gets suspended for that hit, then Demers is five times more severe a hit on Ryan Smyth than what Jarret Stoll is on [Ian] White," the Kings' coach, visibly upset, said after practice. "He [Demers] meets every criteria that you can read about from league memorandums, every coach, every player, every management, every owner knows about it. If you travel distance, you launch yourself 2 to 3 feet off the ice and throw an elbow at a person's head, that is a suspension. Big-time suspension."

Stanley Cup playoffs: No shortage of fireworks in Los Angeles Kings-San Jose Sharks series - ESPN

That quote really surprised me when I read it. 5 times worse? Murray's got it backwards. Wow.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demers did completely leave his feet and fucking fly into Smyth. I mean....it's not "five times more severe" but that was not a good move on Demers part. I had my head down when it happened at the game but my brother was like "WHOA! He looked like Superman!"

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I want to say this: If Jarret Stoll gets suspended for that hit, then Demers is five times more severe a hit on Ryan Smyth than what Jarret Stoll is on [Ian] White," the Kings' coach, visibly upset, said after practice. "He [Demers] meets every criteria that you can read about from league memorandums, every coach, every player, every management, every owner knows about it. If you travel distance, you launch yourself 2 to 3 feet off the ice and throw an elbow at a person's head, that is a suspension. Big-time suspension."

Stanley Cup playoffs: No shortage of fireworks in Los Angeles Kings-San Jose Sharks series - ESPN

That quote really surprised me when I read it. 5 times worse? Murray's got it backwards. Wow.

Yes jumping into a guys chest is 5 times worse than smashing a guys head into the glass from behind. :rolleyes: Murray's a doofus.

That said Demers did deserve a penalty for that hit. It was an obvious charge. But the hit was not suspension worthy.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demers did completely leave his feet and fucking fly into Smyth. I mean....it's not "five times more severe" but that was not a good move on Demers part. I had my head down when it happened at the game but my brother was like "WHOA! He looked like Superman!"

Trust me, I completely agree Demers deserved a penalty and it was a bad move to launch into Smyth. It's the five times more severe part that's really outlandish. I get Murray being upset, it doesn't mean he has to lose his mind.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the beards coming, guys? I am painting my nail teal...trying to do anything that shows support for the Sharks.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the beards coming, guys? I am painting my nail teal...trying to do anything that shows support for the Sharks.

You girls, My wife painted her nails, toes and fingers, orange.
I have been told not to shave until the Kings are out. I think my wife hoped the Sharks sweep. but even if they do it means my scraggly, gray beard will be in full bloom on our anniversary.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stole this (or should I say Stoll this) from another site.
Sharks1.png

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go bitches.

So glad this is on Fox Sports West.. kind of over listening to the Versus clowns.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the last meeting. This time I'm up and ready for some more intense playoff hockey.

Man I LOVE this time of the year.

Go Kings!

:clap2:

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faceoff win percentages for the remaining centers: Handzus 53.8%, Richardson 42.9%, Lewis 30.8%. Stoll won 65%. We used to have one #1 center and two #3s. Now we have a single #3 as our #1. Buckle up.

The Kings were outshot 35-45 and out-hit 36-43. On the other hand, they did zero monkeydances on the bench like Ryane Clowe. You think a guy like that would agree to fight a King, eh?

Stoll's suspension presents the opportunity of a lifetime for Trevor Lewis. The last time he was given a top-six role, he produced. We desperately need this to happen again. After a rollercoaster Friday, Oscar Moller finds himself back at center in his first playoff game.

Alexei Ponikarovsky showed what he could do in a top six role too, I thought -- but Murray is going back to Penner????

It seems unfair to say that our goaltending needs to be perfect, considering how many great saves Quick made -- but with less firepower up front, that's what the Kings need. Grand larceny. But I believe JQ's capable of it.

GO KINGS!!!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far a little this a little that. Teams are playing to not make a mistake, but still with a good pace.
PP Kings time to eat some :pizza: