• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) San Antonio Spurs (67-15) vs 3) OKC Thunder (55-27)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my post from April 28th :

WiggyRussWell-Known Member

cleveland_indians.gif cleveland_cavaliers.gif cleveland_browns.gif

Yeah, they could send Dragic to the Knicks, or Philly, not sure which situation would be worse..lol
McRoberts has been awful. But, Paul Pierce has been worse. I hope he retires because he has 2 years left.
Your guys look good.
Looking forward to seeing OKC vs. Spurs.
What do you think about that series?
Click to expand...----------------------------MECCA

WIGGY: I have no clue. I read an article not too long ago that said if Pop was the coach of OKC that team would never lose a game.

OKC is healthy for once and has more depth than they have ever had and with free agency approaching this ver very well might be their best team ever. I think they finally have a solid stable of big men to throw at the opposition...they need the guards- Waiters and Roberson to shoot well from 3 and to guard well.

Its really hard for me to pick against the Spurs but for some reason i think OKC might get this series. I think the Durant/Leonard matchup should be absolutely awesome to watch.

I of course have very little confidence in this pick as i ahve no idea how this series will go- but i think OKC matches up well with the Spurs and will win in 6. Like I said- if OKC cant get it done right now- they never will in all likelihood.
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need. -Mick Jagger

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Hornsstampede2.0 It may be tough to do this given the circumstances, but try to enjoy every second of seeing Duncan on the floor. Did my best to do so in Kobe's final game, and I was a wreck by the end of it...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which will happen. I guarantee it
you picked OKC in 7 too didnt you bksballer?

i will also commend you for going out on a limb against the overwhelming majority to pick OKC....

if you would have taken a vote-- the Spurs would have won i na landslide...hmmm..funny how that works huh?

good prediction!

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs fans be like: "THIS IS ALL PART OF POP'S PLAN. REST ALL HIS PLAYERS EARLY FOR THE NEXT SEASON" ..

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their MVP was gone for the first 3 games.
And he was out of game shape for the last two wins.

They would have easily swept Portland if Curry was at full strength.
I don't put any stock in that 5 game series result as Golden State being somehow vunerable.

You can argue that OKC is a great team.
That is an argument.

But, to suggest GSW is vunerable because they only beat Portland in 5 games seems like a stretch.

Curry had a historical OT performance in game 4. I wouldn't call that " out of game shape"

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One issue I always have with the NFL is people try to use playoffs to judge players and teams. OKC is the better team here but you would've never known it if this was single elimination.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The body language of the Spurs mid way through the second quarter was really telling. They knew they could not win with the complete failure on the boards and poor shooting. They simply quit and that's not like the Spurs. They really got exposed here.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I picked the Spurs.

So, I can't exactly throw stones.
most people did...i totall understand why...

something about the Spurs though--- you could see it in that Clips loss last year....they just arent as equipped to play a run and gun style

the Spurs will NEVEr beat themselves--- if you are going to beat them you are going to have to play great and have a ton of talent...OKC had the talent, and played great- and if OKC did those 2 things- theres really not a lot the Spurs can do.

Like i said- i read a really good article from a scout that said if Pop coached the Thunder- theyd never lose....i kinda believe that.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my post from April 28th :

WiggyRussWell-Known Member

View attachment 117380 View attachment 117381 View attachment 117382

Yeah, they could send Dragic to the Knicks, or Philly, not sure which situation would be worse..lol
McRoberts has been awful. But, Paul Pierce has been worse. I hope he retires because he has 2 years left.
Your guys look good.
Looking forward to seeing OKC vs. Spurs.
What do you think about that series?
Click to expand...----------------------------MECCA

WIGGY: I have no clue. I read an article not too long ago that said if Pop was the coach of OKC that team would never lose a game.

OKC is healthy for once and has more depth than they have ever had and with free agency approaching this ver very well might be their best team ever. I think they finally have a solid stable of big men to throw at the opposition...they need the guards- Waiters and Roberson to shoot well from 3 and to guard well.

Its really hard for me to pick against the Spurs but for some reason i think OKC might get this series. I think the Durant/Leonard matchup should be absolutely awesome to watch.

I of course have very little confidence in this pick as i ahve no idea how this series will go- but i think OKC matches up well with the Spurs and will win in 6. Like I said- if OKC cant get it done right now- they never will in all likelihood.
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need. -Mick Jagger

Yeah, I remember this

:suds:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does game 6 have to be the close one?

What if they lose games 1 and 2 by a total of 4 pts or something. And win both their games by a lot?

There is a lot that can determine having a shot.

Shit, the Blazers lost in 5 and played almost every game fantastically close. You don't think the Thunder can do that and a little more?

The MVP's going into this series a lot more healthy than the last one. I don't want to use the injury excuse but he is the MVP.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be an 8 point game with 5 to play had Westbrook not made that crazy steal.

That probably did in the comeback.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Spurs refuse to lay down

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started to involuntarily drop tears when he got on that run to win the game.

I actually cheered for that sum Bitch that last game.

Interestingly enough, I didn't feel dirty afterwards.

As close to storybook as you can get short of playing for a chip.