• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) San Antonio Spurs (67-15) vs 3) OKC Thunder (55-27)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think that?

Wow...Spurs are really good.

But, Kanter, Ibaka and even Waiters had a good first round.

I'm taking the Spurs too.

But, in 6.

Westbrook is gonna give them hell.

Sadly, he seems to get caught up in 1 on 1 battles and looses focus on the big picture.

@Lewis_Rush12 does make a solid point re: OKC's penchant for blowing games late. I heard a stat where they have blown more 4th quarter leads than any other playoff team this season. Against a team like the Spurs, who are so ridiculously consistent, that doesn't say much about their chances.

Having said that, it's all about matchups, OKC is a very athletic team and when the Spurs struggle, it's usually against athletic teams.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Lewis_Rush12 does make a solid point re: OKC's penchant for blowing games late. I heard a stat where they have blown more 4th quarter leads than any other playoff team this season. Against a team like the Spurs, who are so ridiculously consistent, that doesn't say much about their chances.

Having said that, it's all about matchups, OKC is a very athletic team and when the Spurs struggle, it's usually against athletic teams.

Yeah, it was like a ungodly number of games....

14 or 15 including the playoff loss.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs and OKC is always an entertaining playoff matchup. This series will be fun. And no way goes less than 6.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC's lack of execution and inability to close out quarters, plus their really weak supporting cast, will mean the Spurs win in 5. I think it's quite possible the Spurs sweep, but I gotta believe that KD and Westbrook's sheer talent alone will allow them to snatch a win in game 3 or 4.

You had me going until the beginning of your post.

Lewis_Rush12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think that?

Wow...Spurs are really good.

But, Kanter, Ibaka and even Waiters had a good first round.

I'm taking the Spurs too.

But, in 6.

Westbrook is gonna give them hell.

Sadly, he seems to get caught up in 1 on 1 battles and looses focus on the big picture.

Lewis_Rush12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys not been watching OKC this year? They've been shockingly disappointing given they have 2 of the top 6-8 players in the league Plus, billy donovan is a terrible, and i repeat TERRIBLE coach. The offense they run in clutch time is pretty bad. Ibaka is good and I'll never forget how he drained 11 straight jumpers to upset the spurs a few years ago, but come on man, the rest of the cast is not a championship caliber team.

The way KD starting chucking bad shots when they gave one up to dallas....not a great sign for them. They're about to blow that team up. I'm telling ya

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys not been watching OKC this year? They've been shockingly disappointing given they have 2 of the top 6-8 players in the league Plus, billy donovan is a terrible, and i repeat TERRIBLE coach. The offense they run in clutch time is pretty bad. Ibaka is good and I'll never forget how he drained 11 straight jumpers to upset the spurs a few years ago, but come on man, the rest of the cast is not a championship caliber team.

The way KD starting chucking bad shots when they gave one up to dallas....not a great sign for them. They're about to blow that team up. I'm telling ya

They're the 3rd best team in the West. Unfortunately, GSW and the Spurs were historically good. I do agree though, that their penchant for blowing late leads is why they won't make it out of the west.

If they blow it up, it will be because KD left this off-season and either Westbrook leaves after next season, or they see the writing on the wall and decide to trade him before he can leave, so they can at least get something for him. It won't be because they willingly blew it up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're the 3rd best team in the West. Unfortunately, GSW and the Spurs were historically good. I do agree though, that their penchant for blowing late leads is why they won't make it out of the west.

If they blow it up, it will be because KD left this off-season and either Westbrook leaves after next season, or they see the writing on the wall and decide to trade him before he can leave, so they can at least get something for him. It won't be because they willingly blew it up.

Come on, it's the worst kept secret in the League that Westbrook is going to the Lakers....lol

I don't think it's set in stone. But, if Durant leaves, I'd be comfortable writing it in permanent marker. :mad:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I see your point.

They are not on the Spurs, Warriors nor Cavs level.

But, they are better than all the rest.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, it's the worst kept secret in the League that Westbrook is going to the Lakers....lol

I don't think it's set in stone. But, if Durant leaves, I'd be comfortable writing it in permanent marker. :mad:

Kevin Love to the Lakers was thought to be the worst kept secret in the league too. Dan Patrick was pushing that one for about 3 years.

Westbrook to the Lakers is interesting. The main thing that makes me doubt it though is that Westbrook is a PG and the Lakers have Russell.

I could see though, where the Lakers might sign Westbrook and trade Russell or trade Clarkson and have Westbrook play 2 guard.

I'm not holding my breath either way though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love to the Lakers was thought to be the worst kept secret in the league too. Dan Patrick was pushing that one for about 3 years.

Westbrook to the Lakers is interesting. The main thing that makes me doubt it though is that Westbrook is a PG and the Lakers have Russell.

I could see though, where the Lakers might sign Westbrook and trade Russell or trade Clarkson and have Westbrook play 2 guard.

I'm not holding my breath either way though.

.....If the Cavs didn't get Bron back, Love would likely be a Laker....or a Spur

Yeah, unless Russell takes a giant step next Season, he can park it on the bench or go elsewhere if you have a shot at Westbrook.

If Durant leaves, I don't see him staying.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....If the Cavs didn't get Bron back, Love would likely be a Laker....or a Spur

Yeah, unless Russell takes a giant step next Season, he can park it on the bench or go elsewhere if you have a shot at Westbrook.

If Durant leaves, I don't see him staying.

Agree. I think what Westbrook does rests about 80% on what KD does and 20% on the front office. If KD decides to stay, then I think Westbrook will stay. The only reason he wouldn't would be if he still didn't feel like they had enough to get past GSW or the Spurs.

If KD leaves, then I think Westbrook is gone unless OKC's FO manages to add enough quality guys for Westbrook to feel like they have a chance.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I think what Westbrook does rests about 80% on what KD does and 20% on the front office. If KD decides to stay, then I think Westbrook will stay. The only reason he wouldn't would be if he still didn't feel like they had enough to get past GSW or the Spurs.

If KD leaves, then I think Westbrook is gone unless OKC's FO manages to add enough quality guys for Westbrook to feel like they have a chance.

What do you think about the Durant to the Spurs talk?

I don't understand how that would work.

Doesn't he play the same position as Kawhi?

Last time I checked, Aldridge does not want to play Center.

Maybe that was just about the Knicks?

I Think Pau or Horford will be their target, maybe Noah.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good series but I just can't see OKC coming out of this series. They are a good team but the Spurs are just much more complete and better defensively. Spurs in 6

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about the Durant to the Spurs talk?

I don't understand how that would work.

Doesn't he play the same position as Kawhi?

Last time I checked, Aldridge does not want to play Center.

Maybe that was just about the Knicks?

I Think Pau or Horford will be their target, maybe Noah.

I don't see how they could get him either. I don't know what their cap space is like, but I'd expect they'll have to unload some salary to be able to sign him. The one drawback to guys like Duncan, Parker and Ginobili taking smaller contracts to help the team is that if any or all of them decide to retire, it still doesn't likely free up the cap space they would need.

Plus, as you mention, he and Kawhi play the same position and Aldridge doesn't want to play center, so moving Kawhi or KD to PF probably isn't on the table unless Pop can Jedi mind trick Aldridge.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how they could get him either. I don't know what their cap space is like, but I'd expect they'll have to unload some salary to be able to sign him. The one drawback to guys like Duncan, Parker and Ginobili taking smaller contracts to help the team is that if any or all of them decide to retire, it still doesn't likely free up the cap space they would need.

Plus, as you mention, he and Kawhi play the same position and Aldridge doesn't want to play center, so moving Kawhi or KD to PF probably isn't on the table unless Pop can Jedi mind trick Aldridge.

According to this article, they could have about 18 mil.

But, I don't see them renouncing Duncan :lol:..

I'm sure they have other options to free up funds since you can just trade guys into other teams cap space without taking money back.

NBA’s Best/Worst Case 2016-17 Cap Projections | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize this series is starting tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

I think the Thunder have to get one of the first 2 games to have a shot... I can't imagine them winning 4 in a row, and I can't imagine them winning game 7 in SA.