• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(2) Philadelphia Flyers vs (3) Boston Bruins - Series Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mods here do their job, so let's not be abusive or anything. Shit talking is ok, but let's not cross a line.
club.gif

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that all, BUT this years Flyers team is also much better than last years.

Well, a few Flyers fans here have said they're not worried if they get down 0-3, so what do you think that implies? They're probably joking, but this is a much better team than last year.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I was so fucked up in that pic. You have no idea

But you have a nice smile and one hell of a tan.

And I think the Bruins will get 8 more wins this year because I think they'll get 10 more. I'm sure you think the Flyers have 12 more in them.

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beantowners all said this same very thing last year and walked away looking pretty silly!!!

Two really good Hockey teams are mashing together this series and the Flyers as we all know can get unfocused some games(just like the rangers putting a hurtin on us) but when it's all on the line.............would NOT wanna be ya!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I know there will me plenty of offense in this series unlike the others. The Flyers can put the puck in the net, they just can't keep it out of their own.:D It makes for fun hockey to watch that's for sure.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you have a nice smile and one hell of a tan.

And I think the Bruins will get 8 more wins this year because I think they'll get 10 more. I'm sure you think the Flyers have 12 more in them.

I said if you win this series, so 8.

I want the Flyers to win the cup, obviously. Right now they need to get back on track before it is a reality though

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beantowners all said this same very thing last year and walked away looking pretty silly!!!

Two really good Hockey teams are mashing together this series and the Flyers as we all know can get unfocused some games(just like the rangers putting a hurtin on us) but when it's all on the line.............would NOT wanna be ya!

I guess beating the Bruins last year was your Stanley Cup without actually winning it huh?

Keep living off last year, we're living in the now, as we now have a much better team.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess beating the Bruins last year was your Stanley Cup without actually winning it huh?

Keep living off last year, we're living in the now, as we now have a much better team.

Wait, better than us? Youre definitely not living in the now...

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
let the shit begin yeah baby 5-2 flyers....see ya tomorrow gents......

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That may be, but the Flyers also have a better team than last year.

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All i have to say is MR Snider was at the Flyers practice yesterday and said not a word to anyone...........thats code for hit everything all night!

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said if you win this series, so 8.

I want the Flyers to win the cup, obviously. Right now they need to get back on track before it is a reality though

Ok, missed that part. So explain why the Bruins can't win 8 more when they were 3-1 against the Caps, 3-1 against the Lightning, 1-0 in their only meeting in Vancouver, 0-1 against the Sharks at home, 0-1 at Nashville and 0-2 against the Wings, who don't look to good right now. The games against the Wings, Sharks, Preds and Nucks were right after the trades to get Kaberle, Kelly and Peverley. They've had time to gel and are playing great together now. Probably as good a 3rd line as any in the league, so I can say I like our chances. I'm not gonna "book it" because anything can happen. Look at last nights Caps game. the Lightning got 2 goals which deflected off Caps players. the only legit goal was the one on OT, so anything can happen in the playoffs.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was only trash talking...:(

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, better than us? Youre definitely not living in the now...

Ummm, the BRUINS have a much better team. They were 3-1 against you in the regular season, but throw that out the window, it's the playoffs. You and your Flyers brethren can think your team is so much better than Boston, you're entitled to your opinion, but you won 1 more game than the Bruins this year. We'll find out who the better team is this series. Personally, I do think the Bruins are better. I think our 1st and 2nd lines are as good as yours, our 3rd line is better, 4th you might have an advantage, maybe, and the defenses are equal, our 2nd string goalie is better than all 3 you're starting. JMO

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was only trash talking...:(

No problem buddy. I think whoever wins this series should go to the SCF. I think the B's can win it all as I think this is the best team they've had in a long time. Maybe better than the cup teams of 88 and 90. You guys seem to be saying you have a better team this year also, so let the winner of this series beat the crap out of whoever is in their way.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, the BRUINS have a much better team. They were 3-1 against you in the regular season, but throw that out the window, it's the playoffs. You and your Flyers brethren can think your team is so much better than Boston, you're entitled to your opinion, but you won 1 more game than the Bruins this year. We'll find out who the better team is this series. Personally, I do think the Bruins are better. I think our 1st and 2nd lines are as good as yours, our 3rd line is better, 4th you might have an advantage, maybe, and the defenses are equal, our 2nd string goalie is better than all 3 you're starting. JMO

First things first. Without a question Rask is 2 times better than any goalie we have.

19 - Scott Hartnell 48 - Danny Briere 22 - Ville Leino
21 - James van Riemsdyk 28 - Claude Giroux 93 - Nikolay Zherdev
13 - Dan Carcillo 18 - Mike Richards 10 - Kris Versteeg
51- Zac Rinaldo 11 - Blair Betts 36 - Darroll Powe

20 - Chris Pronger 25 - Matt Carle
44 - Kimmo Timonen 5 - Braydon Coburn
41 - Andrej Meszaros 6 - Sean O'Donnell

Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Mark Recchi
Chris Kelly - Rich Peverley - Michael Ryder
Daniel Paille - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara - Dennis Seidenberg
Andrew Ference - Johnny Boychuk
Tomas Kaberle - Adam McQuaid

***Carter is not in the lineup, but had 66 points***
1st line: Boston beats us 177-170
2nd line: Flyers 151-146, not to mention Zherdev played 56 games
3rd: Flyers 118-110. Carcillo managed a whopping 6 points in 57 games
4th: I am not counting Rinaldo as he didnt play this season and substituting Nodl. Boston wins 62-51

Overall on offense we are just about even. As you can see it was typically 7 points differential.

On D I dont want to do points, and I am not seeing a blocked shot category or anything.

In conclusion we are both solid teams and I wouldnt mind having either of them as my team, but I would still want a core of Briere, Grioux, JVR, Richards, Meszaros, Pronger, and Timmonen over Horton, Krejci, Lucic, Bergeron, Chara, Seidenberg, and Kaberle.

Status
Not open for further replies.