• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Boston Celtics vs 7) Brooklyn Nets

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in fairness to the Nets... if they had a healthy Joe Harris I think it would mean the world to them.

Not only is Harris a fantastic shooter... he has a little size to him on the wing... something the Nets are clearly lacking against Boston in this series.

It was great to see Williams back on the floor.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in fairness to the Nets... if they had a healthy Joe Harris I think it would mean the world to them.

Not only is Harris a fantastic shooter... he has a little size to him on the wing... something the Nets are clearly lacking against Boston in this series.
Curry hasn’t been a non-factor. He’s been a negative factor. He’s being targeted in actions because he’s a poor defender.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much respect for this guy. The difference between being good and great is the work ethic. He wasn’t this guy when he came into the league but he set goals and worked his ass off to become this guy. People have to step up and recognize now that when you talk elite two way players in the NBA Jason Tatum has to be in that conversation.

My second favorite Dukie ever behind Grant. Probably weird for a Pistons fan to root for Boston but I've liked this squad since they made the run to the ECF without Kyrie.

I haven't hated a Celtic since Pierce.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My second favorite Dukie ever behind Grant. Probably weird for a Pistons fan to root for Boston but I've liked this squad since they made the run to the ECF without Kyrie.

I haven't hated a Celtic since Pierce.
For me, I like guys despite the fact that they went to Duke. I kind of hate them.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I like guys despite the fact that they went to Duke. I kind of hate them.

Yep

It takes a special player to keep me from disliking them if they went to Duke. Took Reddick like 10 years lol. If Bagley sticks with Detroit and turns his career around I will like him.

It's a short list lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't hated a Celtic since Pierce. <---

You wanna buy an autographed wheelchair from the '08 Finals? :heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep

It takes a special player to keep me from disliking them if they went to Duke. Took Reddick like 10 years lol. If Bagley sticks with Detroit and turns his career around I will like him.

It's a short list lol

Remember when Danny Ferry was being called the next Larry Bird? That was funny.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD didn't decline overnight... rather:
  • The Celtics have a better overall team than the Nets. So KD is in an uphill battle in this series from the start.
  • The Celtics have a great (not just good) defense.
  • Not only do the Celtics have a great defense, they are clearly shading it towards stopping KD in particular.
  • If Nash has done anything to help KD out in terms of adjustments... I can't discern it.
So... KD in a losing spot right now.

Yeah this isn't the start of a decline. Also Nash burned him out by playing him a ton of minutes leading up to the playoffs

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Danny Ferry was being called the next Larry Bird? That was funny.

Those guys were overrated because they caught so much publicity in college. Him and Laetnner for sure stand out in that regard.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys were overrated because they caught so much publicity in college. Him and Laetnner for sure stand out in that regard.

Ferry was just a straight-up bust as a # 2 overall pick. Only averaged double digits twice in his career.

And while for me Laettner is a-hole # 1 from dook at least he was actually productive so a certain extent.

15 year career. 12.8 ppg, 6.7 rebs, 2.6 asts, 1.1 stls. As a rookie with the Twolves he averaged 18.2 & 8.7.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferry was just a straight-up bust as a # 2 overall pick. Only averaged double digits twice in his career.

And while for me Laettner is a-hole # 1 from dook at least he was actually productive so a certain extent.

15 year career. 12.8 ppg, 6.7 rebs, 2.6 asts, 1.1 stls. As a rookie with the Twolves he averaged 18.2 & 8.7.
Christian wasn't a bust. But he wasn't worthy of where he was selected.

Although looking at it now that draft was trash beyond Shaq and Zo so I guess it wasn't exactly an overdraft from that sense.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian wasn't a bust. But he wasn't worthy of where he was selected.

Although looking at it now that draft was trash beyond Shaq and Zo so I guess it wasn't exactly an overdraft from that sense.

No doubt he wasn't worthy being drafted 2nd. And he had no business on the Dream Team. Kinda funny every member of that great team's in the HOF except him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when crybaby from Gonzaga was called the next Larry Bird lol

Holy shit Adam Morrison was called that too? Don't remember but that's hilarious.

More often than not it's the kiss of death for any CBB to be compared to any all time great NBAers.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 165,527.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he wasn't worthy being drafted 2nd. And he had no business on the Dream Team. Kinda funny every member of that great team's in the HOF except him.
Back then it was common to put a college player on the team. Say what you want about his pro career, but Laetner was a truly great college player

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is 33, maybe this is the start of his decline.

I don't know as that he's starting to decline as much as he isn't motivated by winning anymore. He went to the Warriors, got the ''no rings'' monkey off his back and just wants to spend the rest of his career playing alongside friends. There just seems to be no sense of urgency in him to win anymore.

Politics aside, can you imagine how guys like MJ or Kobe would have reacted to a teammate sitting out half of the teams games over something that was completely within that teammates power to fix?

Or how aggressive they would have been playing at home in game 3 of a series where they were down 0-2 and they hadn't played well in the first 2 games?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know as that he's starting to decline as much as he isn't motivated by winning anymore. He went to the Warriors, got the ''no rings'' monkey off his back and just wants to spend the rest of his career playing alongside friends. There just seems to be no sense of urgency in him to win anymore.

Politics aside, can you imagine how guys like MJ or Kobe would have reacted to a teammate sitting out half of the teams games over something that was completely within that teammates power to fix?

Or how aggressive they would have been playing at home in game 3 of a series where they were down 0-2 and they hadn't played well in the first 2 games?
Maybe that's it.