• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Boston Celtics vs 7) Brooklyn Nets

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just about to ask him if that’s where this was coming from…belief that Bucks are a better matchup for the Heat. If that’s where he is, I’ll own that I’m rooting for Bucks too. Let’s face it. You go deep you’re playing good people and that’s reality. But looking at matchups, I think the Sixers matchup better with Bucks than they do Celtics. Truth be told, I’d still have the Sixers a dog in either series but the Celtics matchup might be a blow out in 4 or 5 games.
I’m down bad regardless. Yesterday’s game was mind opening. Sixers need an out of this world Embiid and Maxey Harris and Harden doing their part around him. If yesterday is any indication, playing with the torn thumb on the shooting hand means that Embiid is likely not to be around.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just about to ask him if that’s where this was coming from…belief that Bucks are a better matchup for the Heat. If that’s where he is, I’ll own that I’m rooting for Bucks too. Let’s face it. You go deep you’re playing good people and that’s reality. But looking at matchups, I think the Sixers matchup better with Bucks than they do Celtics. Truth be told, I’d still have the Sixers a dog in either series but the Celtics matchup might be a blow out in 4 or 5 games.

I think the Celtics are a better matchup for the Heat. They don't have the shooter the bucks do and i think Miami got the defenders that can give Brown and Tatum. I would prefer Boston over Milwaukee but Giannis is different and i think it is a slap in the face the way people are talking on here

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics do have a weakness vs. Philly in terms of guarding Embiid 1-on-1.

That said... the C's got advantages on the wing...

It's an interesting contrast of strengths... I like Boston in the match-up too, but it's far from a slam dunk.

Both teams have a ways to go before a potential meeting, of course.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid played with that injury last year in the playoffs. It’s painful and the mobility isn’t the same but you can play. Mid 2nd round is a fair projection for his return.

Yep which is why i said punting hca vs boston may end up being a good thing now. Imagine they say no Middy til game 3 which will likely be roughly 2 weeks from today so that's 2.5 weeks since his injury. Bucks stealing 1 on Boston and getting Middy back would make them favorites to win the series imo

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep which is why i said punting hca vs boston may end up being a good thing now. Imagine they say no Middy til game 3 which will likely be roughly 2 weeks from today so that's 2.5 weeks since his injury. Bucks stealing 1 on Boston and getting Middy back would make them favorites to win the series imo
Regardless of any injury stuff that’s not some bust out projection. When the lower seeded team steals a game on the road early they will often become the favorite in a series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of any injury stuff that’s not some bust out projection. When the lower seeded team steals a game on the road early they will often become the favorite in a series.

Yeah and i think giannis is good enough to take a game

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Celtics are a better matchup for the Heat. They don't have the shooter the bucks do and i think Miami got the defenders that can give Brown and Tatum. I would prefer Boston over Milwaukee but Giannis is different and i think it is a slap in the face the way people are talking on here
If we were playing "bullshit" I'd call BS on your post here.

You'd rather face Milwaukee with a gimpy Middleton than the Celtics.

That said: Miami is a better team than Brooklyn and (jn particular) Miami is much more physical than the Nets... so it'd be a tough match-up both ways.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That said: Miami is a better team than Brooklyn and (jn particular) Miami is much more physical than the Nets... so it'd be a tough match-up both ways.

I think he will be fine by ECF

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game for the Celtics last night. And how about Kyrie the last two games? Lighting it up!

game 2: 4-13 (0-1 from downtown) 10 pts, 8 rebs, more TO's (2) than asts (1)

game 3: 6-17 (0-7) 16 pts, 3 rebs, 9 asts, 3 stls, 1 blk

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From nbcsports

Kendrick Perkins: Kevin Durant quit; Celtics have snatched Nets soul

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From nbcsports

Kendrick Perkins: Kevin Durant quit; Celtics have snatched Nets soul

I don't think there is any love lost between the two after Kendrick dissed him for going to GS

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any love lost between the two after Kendrick dissed him for going to GS
People love to pile on when greatness falls short. And I’ll own that I have a ton of that living in me as well.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KD deserves any shit he gets for that.

He joined a team he couldn't beat. That were the 2x defending conference champs with the 2x League MVP.

Then after teaming up with multiple all stars in G.S. he teamed up with multiple all stars in Brooklyn.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much respect for this guy. The difference between being good and great is the work ethic. He wasn’t this guy when he came into the league but he set goals and worked his ass off to become this guy. People have to step up and recognize now that when you talk elite two way players in the NBA Jason Tatum has to be in that conversation.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is 33, maybe this is the start of his decline.
KD didn't decline overnight... rather:
  • The Celtics have a better overall team than the Nets. So KD is in an uphill battle in this series from the start.
  • The Celtics have a great (not just good) defense.
  • Not only do the Celtics have a great defense, they are clearly shading it towards stopping KD in particular.
  • If Nash has done anything to help KD out in terms of adjustments... I can't discern it.
So... KD in a losing spot right now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD didn't decline overnight... rather:
  • The Celtics have a better overall team than the Nets. So KD is in an uphill battle in this series from the start.
  • The Celtics have a great (not just good) defense.
  • Not only do the Celtics have a great defense, they are clearly shading it towards stopping KD in particular.
So... KD in a losing spot right now.
+ 1 and would add that he has no coach. So when the Celtics reveal a scheme in Game 1, a player needs a coach to break down film and find a way to exploit that look. No scheme is perfect and can take everything away. What needed to happen is you needed Kyrie to be the facilitator that broke down the D on Durant’s side and make the defender come off KD to help or Kyrie puts up 40 going to the rim. That never happened and here we are. No adjustments. Nash left KD high and dry…so now that shifts conversation to KD the GM who along with Kyrie are why this dude was hired. They need to take blame for Nash being a deer in the headlights because he was the guy they picked.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in fairness to the Nets... if they had a healthy Joe Harris I think it would mean the world to them.

Not only is Harris a fantastic shooter... he has a little size to him on the wing... something the Nets are clearly lacking against Boston in this series.