• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2.28 2021 Champs @ Rally Monkeys

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrels
MVP
Dick
Flowers
Wade
Slate
Vosler
Doobie
AntiCommie
Menez

Halo those haloing halos....5-2 good guys.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the English version for those who don't know all the nicknames:

Donovan Solano, 2B
Buster Posey, C
Alex Dickerson, LF
Wilmer Flores, 1B
LaMonte Wade Jr., CF
Austin Slater, DH
Jason Vosler, 3B
Joe McCarthy, RF
Mauricio Dubón, SS

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Menez and Littell twins? They look identical

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing that was just the first game of spring training.

Too bad Tyler Cyr got knocked around at the end of the game. He's already buried in the bullpen competition. Having a rough go of it in the first game of spring doesn't help him at all.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that curveball is legitimately nasty, and the radar gun had him at 97 yesterday (possibly a hot gun, but even if he's 93-95 that'll work). Jeremy Affeldt vibes, perhaps?

He still seems like a long shot in making the roster but a strong spring could land him in AAA. Looking at his numbers, its interesting that the Rays even released him. It looks like his control was an issue, but if he has the stuff and wasn't getting lit up (which he wasn't), I'm not sure why they'd drop a lefty like that.

Speaking of AAA, there are a lot of pitchers competing for spots. I wouldn't be surprised to see 10 or 15 pitchers released at the end of spring training that could be on that squad (barring injuries, of course).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He still seems like a long shot in making the roster but a strong spring could land him in AAA. Looking at his numbers, its interesting that the Rays even released him. It looks like his control was an issue, but if he has the stuff and wasn't getting lit up (which he wasn't), I'm not sure why they'd drop a lefty like that.

Speaking of AAA, there are a lot of pitchers competing for spots. I wouldn't be surprised to see 10 or 15 pitchers released at the end of spring training that could be on that squad (barring injuries, of course).

I was surprised to see he's never pitched above A-ball.... and not even high A-ball at that. I'm guessing he would have last year with a minor league season, but it's just odd. Maybe he developed this curveball recently, because as you say to just outright release a lefty who has a legitimate pitch is quite odd.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a team like the Giants are looking at him as a flyer for depth, I can understand why the AL Champion Rays might not have room for him.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team like the Giants are looking at him as a flyer for depth, I can understand why the AL Champion Rays might not have room for him.
That Hurts Tv Land GIF by #Impastor