• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 4) Cavs vs 5) Magic

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have no problem with a fan seeing the glass half full. It's not impossible that this group becomes a contender. Just seems like they are falling short right now on the development path, to a neutral observer. It's really hard for small markets and non-FA destinations to thread that needle. Milwaukee and Denver did it with an all time great superstar. Minnesota may have done it, OKC may have done it, Cleveland it just feels like it's not happening here.

When your main frontrunner senses the problem and bails, that's a sign.
Not sure what you mean by the last comment.

Agree with most of the rest. For sure, to get where those teams have gone you likely need an MVP favorite type of player and even though DM was getting some discussion in MVP I never thought he was close to a favorite.

Only thing I'd add is Boston, Milwaukee and Denver have been building around their top guys since Lebron was still here. We are in year 2 with our top guy.....and, of course, if he goes this is all out the window.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean by the last comment.
Obviously I mean Wiggy, dude posts all day massive screeds when y'all are trending up, disappears when you are faltering like now.
Agree with most of the rest. For sure, to get where those teams have gone you likely need an MVP favorite type of player and even though DM was getting some discussion in MVP I never thought he was close to a favorite.
Mitchell is a very good player but he's no MVP or future MVP....he's on that Kyrie/Murray/Brown/AD/Ingram level vs Ant/SGA
Only thing I'd add is Boston, Milwaukee and Denver have been building around their top guys since Lebron was still here. We are in year 2 with our top guy.....and, of course, if he goes this is all out the window.
Right but Bos/Mil/Den are farther down the path, the latter 2 having already got the ring and Boston being a clear contender the last couple of years (including a recent finals appearance and likely one this year)...Cleveland's comps are Minny and OKC timeline wise. They feel like Sacramento feels to me, just not quite enough.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still shouldn't have gotten to this point
Nope. This is part of the reason but having Allen and Mitchell helps. Either way, Allen went out at 2-2. They got fisted on the road twice.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coaching is extremely important in development of young players. I do think JB had a big part in the lack of development of Mobley. I mean look at Spolestra with Bam. If Mobley is in Miami, what does he look like? The first move in the offseason is finding a coach that has an offensive scheme, anything is better than the offense they are running now but most importantly with help with development. Only guy I can think of is Budenholzer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I mean Wiggy, dude posts all day massive screeds when y'all are trending up, disappears when you are faltering like now.

Mitchell is a very good player but he's no MVP or future MVP....he's on that Kyrie/Murray/Brown/AD/Ingram level vs Ant/SGA

Right but Bos/Mil/Den are farther down the path, the latter 2 having already got the ring and Boston being a clear contender the last couple of years (including a recent finals appearance and likely one this year)...Cleveland's comps are Minny and OKC timeline wise. They feel like Sacramento feels to me, just not quite enough.
Gotcha.....but a little off on that as while he seems like not as high on where they are either at current time or going forward. Maybe that was last 2 years and not this one?

Agreed

Minny and OKC fair comps....but when it comes to those other 3 in year 2 with their star or stars they didn't seem too much further along than we were. I'm sure like the many Cavs fans who complain about certain players or the coach I'd bet there were many a Nugget fan who wanted to dump Murray and likely Malone before last season.

But not crazy at all to think this team will not be a legit title contender as need that MVP type to be that kind of team and right now we don't have him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. This is part of the reason but having Allen and Mitchell helps. Either way, Allen went out at 2-2. They got fisted on the road twice.

Do you think it helped Mitchell shit the bed in both road games (as well as game 5 at home (luckily Garland could hold his hand for the W)?

In addition, I mean, yeah, lost by more on the road but never even trailed at home in games 1 and 2 with Allen. Are you trying to say missing Allen does not hurt this team....a lot?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coaching is extremely important in development of young players. I do think JB had a big part in the lack of development of Mobley. I mean look at Spolestra with Bam. If Mobley is in Miami, what does he look like? The first move in the offseason is finding a coach that has an offensive scheme, anything is better than the offense they are running now but most importantly with help with development. Only guy I can think of is Budenholzer.
Ok, let's go ahead and look at Bam. In his year 3 season he was 16/10/5 shooting 55%. Vast majority of his shots from 0-10 feet and pretty bad from 3-10 so almost like he could only hit dunks and layups (something for which you falsely rip Mobley).......Mobley's year 3 season was 16/9/3 shooting 58%. also made all NBA 1st team D in year 3 at age 21 (Bam 22) which only one other player had ever done. Is true Bam not as good coming in so more room to improve, but Mobley has improved.

and what about Wade? Guy was a UFA and became a key piece to our rotation. One we could really use in this series with his height, defense and shooting ability. .......Then there is Merrill. No coach ever gave this kid a chance and JB has him playing well enough that his critics cry he does not use him enough. Can say the same for undrafted rookie CPJ. ........allen went from a role player to at worse a borderline all star.....Garland went from arguably the worst player in the league to an all star. Regressed some this year but IMO just needs to be more aggressive......Mitchell is having his all around best seasons here, too. Hell, can even say Strus is having his best season here not that I'd hold that against Spo.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Bud would make sense or almost any team that needs a coach.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Bud would make sense or almost any team that needs a coach.
Be interesting as mentioned due to defense from him but might prefer a newbie to a twice failed retread.....he has underachieved a good amount of seasons.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JB was a DEI hire.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7's are awesome.

Hopefully this is a good one.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what DEI is but JB is like nearly every coach......give him talent he can win. Don't and he wont.
I don’t think that is everything. Lots of coaches can’t succeed with talent. The issue with Bickerstaff is pretty simple. I don’t know exactly what his issue is either when an offensive scheme doesn’t work it is difficult for him to adjust or his offensive scheme really just isn’t that good. Now it isn’t the easiest personnel to work with two small guards and two bigs that can’t spread the floor. The charade is up, the fact is right now with no development of Mobley from the outside they are a one trick pony in the playoffs. I don’t see that changing anytime soon with the same personnel unless Mobley takes a huge step. It sucks a lot of hinges on one player but we knew this from the start. I didn’t think it would be this difficult in the playoffs though. They need more consistent movement on offense or they are toast.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen is out

Let's see if Mobley decides to play like a man today or not

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not very hopefull- Allen out, Mitchell dragging his leg....Bickerstaff's asshole is as tight as a drum because he knows hes getting the axe if they lose.......

and Kwan- the AL hits and runs leader- gets hurt on the Guards...not a good weekend.