• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 2) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welp congrats nuggets. porter jr ability to hit contested shots consistently underrated factor in this series. 3rd scorer LA never could match with their own.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers went home permanently after that Game 2 fiasco. DRuss, 0 points. WTF?? Dude is a disgrace. They just showed-up tonight for a paycheck.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same shit, different day.

Just counting down the days until Ham is fired
i didnt think that Frank Vogel needed to be fired when he did but cant go back in past now. not sure where they go from here. I'm almost ready to say blow it up let lebron walk in offseason. hes not been a laker his whole career no need for the kobe treatment. But also pelicans likely have their pick in next years draft.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 points for Dlo in the biggest game of the season
I called this the other night. I said he wouldn’t do crap tonight and that’s why they needed that game 2 win.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly the poor shooting by D-lo outside of game 2 i cant see there being a huge market. the smart thing for him would be to take the player option but he likely wont.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I agree. If I was Pelinka, I'd pull an Ainge and just start selling-off assets for draft picks. Let James walk this summer, fire that idiot Ham, and start fresh.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going through the motions, what I expected after game 2, that was devastating.
I had hoped home cooking would help like it did Sixers and Magic but nope. Denver is part of this they are the best team in the West. Yes I know the Thunder play there too

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that’s he still playing 42 minutes in a playoff game at age 39 is wild.
And still the best or some nights second best player on his team

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt think that Frank Vogel needed to be fired when he did but cant go back in past now. not sure where they go from here. I'm almost ready to say blow it up let lebron walk in offseason. hes not been a laker his whole career no need for the kobe treatment. But also pelicans likely have their pick in next years draft.

Vogel needed to go because his offense was way too basic and it appeared he had no interest in hiring an offensive minded assistant to run things. Even during the championship run, it wasn't good enough and Lebron/Rondo later admitted they basically took over coaching the offense in the bubble.

But they fucked up taking Ham. His inexperience is just too damning. I liked the hire at the time (Kenny Atkinson was my #1 option) over taking a retread like Mark Jackson, but it hasn't worked at all. He has zero feel for the game. No clue when to call time outs, how to make adjustments in game or anything a competent HC has to be able to do. His offensive sets have actually been better than Vogel but all season there's times when the team will get away from running an organized offense whether its because the other team adjusted or the team just gets sloppy as all NBA teams do in the course of a game, yet Ham just stands on the sidelines watching the game as a fan completely oblivious to the fact that its his job to get them back on track.

That's part of what's so insane about these Denver games. Damn near every one of them follows the same script. Lakers play well in the 1st half, running organized offense, looks like they could win. Denver makes one minor adjustment, Nuggets take over in the 3rd, Ham just watches it all happen with no clue what to do. Denver wins

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver made their free throws and LA didn’t and that was the difference in the game.

Doesn’t matter that D-Lo had 0 points or went 0-6 from 3 because LA actually shot better from 3 than Denver did(by a smidge) and both teams ended up with the exact same FG%(44-90).

KCP and Murray both went 1-6 from 3 and Murray had another bad shooting night 8-21 so Denver didn’t play that well either.

Plus LA’s bench outscored Denver’s 19-12 so by all intents and purposes this is another game Denver should’ve lost but they didn’t take their foot off at the end and so I have to give them credit.