• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 2) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how players always blame Refs when they lose but never give credit to Refs when they win because of them. When has LeBron ever come out and say “I appreciate the Refs giving me those extra fouls that helped us seal the victory”?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the lakers win enough games off pure talent it masks the crappy job he has done coaching them.
Wouldn’t a professional organization be aware of all this?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how players always blame Refs when they lose but never give credit to Refs when they win because of them. When has LeBron ever come out and say “I appreciate the Refs giving me those extra fouls that helped us seal the victory”?

Or missing a key goaltend call…

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not the same.

Players whining about missed calls is blaming. That is a bad look.

Coaches doing it is different.

It is their job to support the players and also politic for the next game.

But…

Still shouldn’t ever be done in a “this is why we lost tone”.

If you blaming the refs internally as a team, you might as well start the fishing trip now.

Let’s hope you’re right

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not the same.

Players whining about missed calls is blaming. That is a bad look.

Coaches doing it is different.

It is their job to support the players and also politic for the next game.

But…

Still shouldn’t ever be done in a “this is why we lost tone”.

If you blaming the refs internally as a team, you might as well start the fishing trip now.

Yeah, that last part especially. It's a fine line that a coach has to walk. He needs to be able to call out the refs without low key providing an excuse for the players. Phil was a master at that.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were the Thunder when they let Scott Brooks waste KD and Russ’ prime years?
We are talking about different things. It wasn’t Brooks job to surround KD with shooters. I do wish they would have ran him off sooner though.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the lakers were saying that’s why they lost it’s just inexcusable to get hit in the face like that and it overturned. At what point is it not about protecting players? The wrong player gets hit like that and says oh that’s not a foul? ok well don’t be surprised when I go hit the guy who hit me. Pretty sure both times Anthony got Davis got hit in face near the end of the season causing him to miss games that neither were foul calls on the play. What would Ron artest/world peace whatever he calls himself these days do?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it’s just inexcusable to get hit in the face like that and it overturned.
The call was he was hit before the shot, the challenge showed that was incorrect it was after and it didn’t affect the shot.

When do they ever call incidental contact in the playoffs that doesn’t affect a shot?

The refs weren't out to get LA last night.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call was he was hit before the shot, the challenge showed that was incorrect it was after and it didn’t affect the shot.

When do they ever call incidental contact in the playoffs that doesn’t affect a shot?

lol you really defending a guy getting popped in face as incidental? I have seen multiple times during a review throughout the season where they say the foul was called was wrong but this contact also occurred so challenge unsuccessful. Murray’s 2 free throws to tie the game with under a minute were the same incidental contact that you are claiming doesn’t get called in playoffs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. The announcers said it and so did the refs when they overturned it. Contact was after the ball was released.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The announcers said it and so did the refs when they overturned it. Contact was after the ball was released.
thats still a foul per the rules. we would never see a foul called on 3 pointers and outside shots ater the ball is released if that were the case. there would never be a 4 point play ever if the contact after the shot isnt called.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats still a foul per the rules. we would never see a foul called on 3 pointers and outside shots ater the ball is released if that were the case. there would never be a 4 point play ever if the contact after the shot isnt called.

Wrong. And after the shot is released on 3's is normally because the defender stepped into the shooters landing area which can cause injury.

Your ref bullshit is old and tired.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. And after the shot is released on 3's is normally because the defender stepped into the shooters landing area which can cause injury.

Your ref bullshit is old and tired.

almost all of these have contact after the shot. and the "landing space" is a fairly new rule change. you arent right or wrong because of your opinion. Espn and any other analysts are all saying it was a foul. they all just biased laker fans? the whole natiaonal media will say something about refs but here its some big ohhh noooooo when you mention it. again to sum it up not saying its only reason they lost but it had a role in it.