• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st quarter assessments

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit yesterday stung me hard- blowing an 11 point lead. I dont know what the hell the defense was doing but Rivers looked like Montana in his prime. Is this because of a soft zone or what ??? At the end of 4 games , we are 2-2. The problem with that is nobody has been that bad with exception of 1. I know Carter had a very bad game yesterday but he had played well until then. Claiborne has been pathetic, but Carr and Scandrick have played pretty well. The pass defense stats say different though. Maybe we should be playing a little more dime.

Offensively- I think the OLine has been pretty good considering what many thought would be terrible. They give up a sack here and there but I dont think its because of 1 person. I think Murray has been really good this season. Im not seeing the Yards after Catch this yr that we have seen in yrs past. I know Dez has made some big plays and is being doubled a lot , but he hasnt been dominant yet. He has had 2 big drops, but drops and penalties happen to all teams. We just seem to do have them at the worst times. Williams was OK yesterday, but Miles was missed tremendously.

What changes need to be made ?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ is and always has been the easy answer and maybe its the truth, but the bottom line is we have better players than the Chargers and they did whatever they wanted too. I know its the NFL and both teams get paid . JJ isnt the reason we lost yesterday nor the Chiefs game.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries already mounting on the DL, where depth was already an issue. Mo needs to pull his head out of his ass. If all the star's stay healthy from here on out, the D will compete, if we lose Lee or Carte, or Ware or Carr and we will be screwed.
On Offense, it is what it is with this coaching staff. They will have a great game running the ball here and there, but at the end of the season, we're throwing 65-70%, will rank in the bottom 10 in rushing, and continue the 8-8 cycle

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
JJ is and always has been the easy answer and maybe its the truth, but the bottom line is we have better players than the Chargers and they did whatever they wanted too. I know its the NFL and both teams get paid . JJ isnt the reason we lost yesterday nor the Chiefs game.
JJ drafted Mo and gave up a second for him. With that other pick we probably have more depth on Dline or oline or secondary. Mo's poor or boneheaded play cost us the Chiefs and possibly Chargers game. JJ also drafted T. Williams and high and he is probably ahead of Harris cause of this. Without his poor play or Mo's poor play, perhaps we win both games. Just saying...

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The puppet master of America's team gets no blame? Keep thinking that. Many cowboys fans I talk with on a daily and weekly basis maintain, and I'm starting to believe that we will never get a whiff of another NFC Championship or Super Bowl as long as Jerry is GM and owner.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might not, but we have more talent than the 2 mentioned . I dont care how many draft picks he has blown.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry had nothing to do with that second half performance by the defense. If he did, then give him the credit for how awesome the defense was vs the Rams and Chiefs , not to mention the 6 turnovers we got in the Giant game. You cant have it both ways. No doubt Jerry has blown draft picks and made some bad decisions- I never said he didnt- but to blame the losses to teams that arent as talented is crazy IMO.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might not, but we have more talent than the 2 mentioned . I dont care how many draft picks he has blown.
I will agree with you we have more talent than San Diego. It was a blown opportunity on our part to put a small stranglehold on our division. But K.C.'s defense is #2 right behind Seattle IMO. No way we have more talent than them and they also have a much better coach than we do. My sleeper picks this year were New Orleans and K.C. which I posted before the season started. I do have a large sum of money on Seattle to take it all. To me KC is the only team I can see beating Denver. I guess I gave it away. Seattle, New Orleans, KC and Denver are 2 of the 4 teams I expect to see in this year's Super Bowl.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat us by 1 point in their home opener in which we dominated the game for the most part. Their defense is very stoudt, I agree. They have an outstanding RB on offense. Reid is a very good coach. We have more offensive talent than they do. Defensively, they play a 3-4, and have an awesome pass rush in which 4 guys can get to the QB. Their secondary is pretty good, led by the best safety in the NFL. I do think we would have 5 or 6 start on their defense though.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat us by 1 point in their home opener in which we dominated the game for the most part. Their defense is very stoudt, I agree. They have an outstanding RB on offense. Reid is a very good coach. We have more offensive talent than they do. Defensively, they play a 3-4, and have an awesome pass rush in which 4 guys can get to the QB. Their secondary is pretty good, led by the best safety in the NFL. I do think we would have 5 or 6 start on their defense though.
They are very good where it matters, THE TRENCHES. Something we have neglected and ignored since the 90's era with Allen and Williams, etc.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are very good where it matters, THE TRENCHES. Something we have neglected and ignored since the 90's era with Allen and Williams, etc.

We all know the weaknesses, but you can't turn it around in a year. I'd say if anything when comparing this OL versus last years you have to give someone credit, no? We are so much better than we were last year on the OL that I still have trouble believing it. Are we great? No friggin way, but we aren't horrible like we were last year either. And on DL...we never had the NT to play the 3-4 (which is just amazing) so the switch alone helps there. Our DL was supposed to include One of the best defensive players in the league (Ware), a Pro Bowler from last year (Spencer), a possible Pro Bowler this year (Hatcher) and Ratliff who has yet to see the field. Add in our top two reserves being out for the year (Crawford and Bass) and the pickups we made (Selvie and Hayden) and I have a tough time criticizing the attempt to get better there too. It is reasonable to assume injuries will happen in the NFL, but is it reasonable to assume we would have been hit like we were? Plus, it wasn't like we didn't have other weaknesses to fill this offseason also. So, did we screw up for years with both OL and DL? Yes, but I thought we did a good job this year in attempting to reverse that. I think if Ware, Selvie and Hatcher stay healthy and if Ratliff gets healthy we have a pretty good DL. But, what I'm hoping is that we are good even without Ratliff, because I just don't get the feeling he contributes much if anything this year. Our DL has been very good this year and in retrospect, with the injuries this week to Ware and Selvie, how much of a pass rush did we really expect?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JJ is an easy answer because he's the head of the snake. Look, I don't blame Jerry for everything. His scouts and his coaches have say-so more than people think and the players and coaches he's paying has got to produce on the field, but it's hard not to put a bulk of the blame on Jerry. I just think about how Ryan is looking in New Orleans right now, how Wade has won two playoff games with Houston, how seemingly every coach or player has more success away from Dallas than they do with Dallas, and how no matter how many coaches we've changed in the past decade, the results on the field have remained the same. Just think, the butt-ugly secondary play that was on display this past Sunday was something we've seen for how many years now?

That movie this past Sunday was the same movie we've seen for years. I mean, should we really be surprised with how Claiborne has played up till this point? We've already seen this with Mike Jenkins. We saw this with TNew(who just happens to be another example of what I just mentioned about success away from here). Is there really any reason we should believe Scandrick will show up? It's been the same stuff in different years with different staffs and different players. Every year it just seems like there are only a handful of reliable starters on this roster while the rest either gets hurt or collapses under pressure. Who is bringing in these players? Who is bringing in these coaches? Who is bringing in these scouts? Who has been the one constant in all of this? Jerry Jones.

Last edited by a moderator: