• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #1E OREGON DUCKS vs colorado buffaloes 10PM EST on FS1

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This statement probably belongs in a different thread, but 20 years from now we will only be talking about since the playoffs began. Kinda like pre Super Bowl champions. No one gives a rats ass about the Browns NFL Championships. Maybe Nebraska can put something together to pierce tOSU, Penn State, Wisconsin. Maybe USC will get their shit together and the rest of the PAC can challenge on good years. But since we have entered a new era of CFB playoffs. Nebraska has a steeper climb without a doubt.
And yet nobody will say a word about 0regon.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 18 years moved you out of the thick blood.
Not possible when Nebraska is one of those teams who helped usher in modern college football into what it is, you cant lose that status lmfao nice try though

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This statement probably belongs in a different thread, but 20 years from now we will only be talking about since the playoffs began. Kinda like pre Super Bowl champions. No one gives a rats ass about the Browns NFL Championships. Maybe Nebraska can put something together to pierce tOSU, Penn State, Wisconsin. Maybe USC will get their shit together and the rest of the PAC can challenge on good years. But since we have entered a new era of CFB playoffs. Nebraska has a steeper climb without a doubt.

They seem to be pulling in around the #15-#20 recruiting class, so it's not like there's a shortage of talent...we'll see if the coaching ever puts 2 and 2 together.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odd you'd mention the Browns. Yet teams like G.B. still get credit for winning championships before Lamar Hunt coined the phrase Super Bowl. To say titles before 1966 don't count is ignoring the history of the game.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not possible when Nebraska is one of those teams who helped usher in modern college football into what it is, you cant lose that status lmfao nice try though
Just like the Cleveland Browns did for the Super Bowl era - thanks for pushing through Rosa Parks.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd you'd mention the Browns. Yet teams like G.B. still get credit for winning championships before Lamar Hunt coined the phrase Super Bowl. To say titles before 1966 don't count is ignoring the history of the game.
Not ignoring - 90% of fans and media reference post Super Bowls only.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the Cleveland Browns did for the Super Bowl era - thanks for pushing through Rosa Parks.
No, not just like that, im talking about making modern college football on TV huge. Our fans our team have been a large part of that. Nice try. SMH you quackheads have lost your damn minds (not that you kids have a clue when football is involved)

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not just like that, im talking about making modern college football on TV huge. Our fans our team have been a large part of that. Nice try. SMH you quackheads have lost your damn minds (not that you kids have a clue when football is involved)
Compliment you for pushing I guess I should have used the word elevate CFB and I’ve lost my mind. You are welcome

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ignoring - 90% of fans and media reference post Super Bowls only.

I suggest you never visit the HOF. You'll be disappointed. That place mentions the pre S.B. era of the game. You don't think the pre S.B. era means anything. I disagree. It's a matter of opinion. I have an appreciation for the entire history of the game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

quackheads

:laugh3:

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest you never visit the HOF. You'll be disappointed. That place mentions the pre S.B. era of the game. You don't think the pre S.B. era means anything. I disagree. It's a matter of opinion. I have an appreciation for the entire history of the game.
Gotta love the Akron and Canton teams that started it all. But the measure of success is Super Bowl trophies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the Akron and Canton teams that started it all. But the measure of success is Super Bowl trophies.

I don't disagree with that. But I'll say it again. I have an appreciation for the entire history of the game. Maybe it's because I grew up about 30 minutes from the HOF & have been there so many times I've lost count.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 hours till kickoff. Anyone wanna talk about the Pistol read option?

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with that. But I'll say it again. I have an appreciation for the entire history of the game. Maybe it's because I grew up about 30 minutes from the HOF & have been there so many times I've lost count.
Guys like Jim Thorpe, Jim Brown and so many others. My point is the NFL changed with the Super Bowl and CFB is evolving with a playoff system. In the future CFB Playoffs will be the benchmark, not a voted champ.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Jim Thorpe, Jim Brown and so many others. My point is the NFL changed with the Super Bowl and CFB is evolving with a playoff system. In the future CFB Playoffs will be the benchmark, not a voted champ.

Okay so you don't think titles pre S.B. count. Are you suggesting CFB titles before the Playoff are now invalid?

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More National Titles than Oregon.

15609d_lg.jpeg

And a buffalo can eat a lot of ducks

West+Virginia+v+Colorado+SQcdVjDotUax.jpg