• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1980's +4 NFL Draft Championship : Nos vs UK

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOS

OFFENSE
QB - Warren Moon
RB - Walter Payton (WC)
FB - Iron Head Heyward
WR - Mark Duper
WR - Haywood Jeffires
WR - Louis Lipps
TE - Wesley Walls
LT - Jonathan Ogden (WC)
LG - Nate Newton
C - Bart Oates
RG - Raleigh McKenzie
RT - Tim Irwin

DEFENSE
DE - J.J. Watt (WC)
NT - Jerry Ball
DE - Wayne Martin
OLB - Derrick Thomas
ILB - Sam Mills
ILB - Karl Mecklenburg
OLB - Pat Swilling
CB - Champ Bailey (WC)
CB - Charles Woodson (WC)
CB - Dave Waymer
SS - David Fulcher
FS - Steve Atwater

VS

UK

OFFENSE
QB - Jim Kelly
RB - Eric Dickerson
WR - Randy Moss (WC)
WR - Gary Clark
WR - Willie Gault
TE - Rob Gronkowski (WC)
TE - Tony Gonzalez (WC)
OT - Lomas Brown
OG - Randall McDaniel
C - Jeff Bostic
OG - Bruce Matthews
OT - Paul Gruber

DEFENSE
DE - Chris Doleman
DT - Ray Childress
DT - Michael Carter
DE - Charles Mann
OLB - E.J. Junior
MLB - Shane Conlan
OLB - Seth Joyner
CB - Hanford Dixon
CB - Jerry Gray
CB - Kevin Ross
SS - Joey Browner
FS - Wes Hopkins

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOS - 6
UK - 5

VOTED - Nos, UK, Johnny, WLK, Ritzy, Milk, EHB, Mebert, Femur, Smitty, 500

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is as good as it gets IMO. Offense vs Defense.

Love UK's offense, Moss is the GOAT IMO. Two obviously very good tight ends, he would be very tough to slow down for most defenses but I believe I put together a team that can at least slow him down. Willie Gault was honestly nothing but a decoy, never a pro bowler, never 1,000 yards, never double digit TD's. He will not be a problem.

UK has maybe the best set of guards in the draft but they are gonna be trying to help slow down the best pass rush in the draft. If anyone built a secondary to slow down the awesome passing attack he has it's my team.

On the other side, Doleman is one of the best pass rushers of all time but he will be matched up against the best LT of all time. I don't think my receivers have been given enough credit they are all fast and would be able to gain separation from UK's corners.

Ball control, play action and defense wins this one for me. Remember what they say, defense wins Championships, well this is the Championship.

Another great match up against my arch nemesis. Another great team buddy but I gotta go me in this one.

Nos 33
UK 28

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Nos that this is a great matchup, as his D and my O are the two best units. I think my two TE offense is a HUGE matchup nightmare for Nos' 3-4 scheme. Pat Swilling and Derrick Thomas, as 3-4 OLB's, will NEVER be able to tee off and rush the passer because of my two TE scheme. They will be in coverage(both needing help), or defending the run.Think about it...even with Nos' great corners, he has stated 100 times in the past that even guys like Charles Woodson and Champ Bailey couldn't cover Randy Moss 1 on 1. So that put's a safety double teaming Moss. Nos is right that either guy could stick Gault, so I would start Gary Clark, who was a great WR. Still, say he goes Man against Clark. That gives him one safety to help against Gronk or Gonzalez, but not both. It is literally pitch and catch against whichever OLB is trying to cover whichever TE in Man.....total mismatch. And in order to double one of the TE's, the safety would have to play over the top, which means no 8th man in the box, so when I run, it's 7 blockers for 7 defenders, and Dickerson running for 200. I mean, when Dickerson played, there were usually 6 blockers and Dickerson against an 8 man front, and he still couldn't be stopped. Come on...
On the other side, I have a very solid but not great(by mock standards) defense, which is how I feel about Nos offense as well. No way he outscores me IMO. Great matchup with a good friend

UK 38
Nos 30

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a really close one. I love both offenses and defenses, but in the end, I like Nos' team a little more. Nos gets my vote

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we've been way to simple in our thought process in schemes... Zone blitz, man, man zone, all out blitz... They all get ignored... Defense wins championships, the trenches make a difference, only after that do the skills guys take control... That being said UK has maybe the most dangerous offense ever drafted here... While I was the first to pull the double tight scheme this way he perfected it... The problem with this is he neglected his defense... I feel Nos' balance allows him to make just enough plays to slow down the offense however it never gets a punt but those ball Hawks will get a TO or 2... The game is won on the other side where he can use Walter and Ironhead and some timely bombs and play action... I feel the game is one with ball control here... It's still high scoring because both teams will have more possessions because of the big plays both sides can make... I just don't think either team can stop the other and at the end of the game down 34-35 Nos drives the ball takes a knee and a time out with 3 seconds left and hits the winning FG from 46 with time running out...

UK - 35
Nos - 37 (3fgs)

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos in a close 28-26 game. Nos's defense makes the stop for the win. Pisses me off I voted for nos twice in these matchups and I lost to that asshole. What's even worse is he actually does have a great team.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense vs defense here... but UKs defensive strength is his defensive line, while Nos's offensive strength is the running game... But his offensive line is only average... so i think UKs weakness(defense) matches up better vs Nos' weakness(offense)...

I got UK...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense vs defense here... but UKs defensive strength is his defensive line, while Nos's offensive strength is the running game... But his offensive line is only average... so i think UKs weakness(defense) matches up better vs Nos' weakness(offense)...

I got UK...

:L

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Doleman or Mann would eat Irwins lunch.....

I agree Doleman would but he played on the other side, Mann would not destroy Irwin. I also think Brown might as well stay seated on the bench because he would have no chance against Watt or DT.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Doleman would but he played on the other side, Mann would not destroy Irwin. I also think Brown might as well stay seated on the bench because he would have no chance against Watt or DT.
That's the problem with your 3 man front IMO, its much easier to help with a guard(and I have two of the greatest ever) when both guards are uncovered.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem with your 3 man front IMO, its much easier to help with a guard(and I have two of the greatest ever) when both guards are uncovered.

Love your guards but to think somehow you would generate more of a pass rush than I would is simply ridiculous.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love your guards but to think somehow you would generate more of a pass rush than I would is simply ridiculous.
See, I think you have no pass rush with the exception of Watt. I'm going to be in two TE's nearly 100% of the time, though they will be occasionally split out. However, my QB isn't going to walk to the line and say ""here comes a pass"...you're two OLB's can take off after the QB if they like, but Gronk or Gonzalez will simply turn around and catch the ball. You're great pass rushing OLB's aren't doing anything except defending the run or staying in coverage. Ball is no pass rush threat, and I'm not worried about Martin with Gruber over there.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I think you have no pass rush with the exception of Watt. I'm going to be in two TE's nearly 100% of the time, though they will be occasionally split out. However, my QB isn't going to walk to the line and say ""here comes a pass"...you're two OLB's can take off after the QB if they like, but Gronk or Gonzalez will simply turn around and catch the ball. You're great pass rushing OLB's aren't doing anything except defending the run or staying in coverage. Ball is no pass rush threat, and I'm not worried about Martin with Gruber over there.

You seem to forget about Mills and or Mecklenburg, also I will be able to single cover whichever receiver you have opposite Moss, I will also keep Fulcher in to help, so even if Bailey and Atwater are doubling Moss every play I will be able to have my nickel back, safety and linebacker to watch your TE's, you make it seem as if Gronk and Gonzalez are simply unstoppable.

Wayne Martin is every bit as good as Mann if not better, if I have little to no pass rush you would have non at all. Your back 7 is weak and once Walter gets through the line he's gonna be running wild.