• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1972 Redskins

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday hopped on YouTube and watched the 72 yearbook. My dad and older brother had always schooled me on that team. The Over The Hill Gang and all that. I was born in 75.

I had no idea Larry Brown was that dude. Sonny doesn't tear his achilles they probably beat Miami.

I remember as a little boy riding across the 14th Street Bridge with my dad and Roy Jefferson was riding right next to us in the next lane. My dad who fought in Korea and Vietnam and was always laid back said "that's Roy Jefferson!" I had never seen him act that. Lol

Taylor, Hanburger, Fischer, Pardee

That was good team and a fun watch.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a fun team. Larry was the man, I wore his number playing HS football. I have always thought the Redskins would be Miami with Sonny.

Taylor, Fischer, Hanburger and Pardee. :D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football period was fun to watch back then. Basketball n baseball as well. I didn't know anything about hockey, but roller derby, LA T Birds baby! and rasslin' filled the void nicely.

Larry Brown was the man for sure, but that season took a lot outta him 285 carries in 12 games /23.75 per game n another 77 postseason carries. That burst he had in 72 was gone in 73.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football period was fun to watch back then. Basketball n baseball as well. I didn't know anything about hockey, but roller derby, LA T Birds baby! and rasslin' filled the void nicely.

Larry Brown was the man for sure, but that season took a lot outta him 285 carries in 12 games /23.75 per game n another 77 postseason carries. That burst he had in 72 was gone in 73.
Larry Brown was my favorite football player. I wore his number in HS. He came into a pizza store I worked at one time and all if could do was stare. George Allen certainly beat him up.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I finished the 73, 74, and 75 yearbooks. Brown's running style left him open for some vicious shots. It was a nice surprise to see a young Joe Theismann and George Starke get some run.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to have a hard cover book of the History of the Washington Redskins.. It went from their origin as the Boston Braves to winning their first Super Bowl. It had a shit-load of pics as well and one that still stands out is. During halftime in the locker room it's the early 70s n Allen is talking to the team. Larry Brown, Roy Jefferson n Diron Talbert r all smoking cigarettes n DT has what looks like a beer, couldn't see any labels his hand was covering that up. And Larry looked like he had a bottle of wine of sitting between his legs while he was sitting on a bench lighting his cigarette.

Richie Petitbon clownin 1972: Remembering Washington’s first playoff win in 30 years

And Kilmer – absolutely, positively – would not have been allowed to re-enter the game. In the language we used to use back then, he had gotten his bell rung. He had to be helped off the field, staggering the whole way. Backup Sam Wyche began warming up on the sidelines. I’ll let noted Washington chronicler Michael Richman tell the rest of the story:

“I was really wobbly,” Kilmer recalled…”I’m on the bench and they’re giving me smelling salts. The doctor is telling me to read the scoreboard, and I can’t even see it. Richie Petitbon runs up to me and says ‘Billy, Billy – you’ve got to get back in the game.’ I said ‘why?’ He said ‘Sam Wyche is warming up, and he’s already thrown two interceptions.’ I started laughing. That just brought me out of nearly passing out.”