• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #14 Stanford at #6 USC 830 pm EST on Fox

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive win by USC, they might actually be for real this year
I think we are. Our running game will be the thing that carries us. With Carr and RoJo in the backfield we have a set of fresh legs that will keep a lot of the pressure off of Darnold. Now, if Darnold can quite throwing into triple/double coverage when he gets pressured........The defense surpised the hell out of me, especially after the Western Michigan game.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are. Our running game will be the thing that carries us. With Carr and RoJo in the backfield we have a set of fresh legs that will keep a lot of the pressure off of Darnold. Now, if Darnold can quite throwing into triple/double coverage when he gets pressured........The defense surpised the hell out of me, especially after the Western Michigan game.

I'm not worried about Darnold. I'd rather he keep that gunslinger mentality because he had quite a few throws that others wouldn't try that turned out to be beautiful perfectly placed throws. The more he gets accustomed to the receivers the better he will get. I wrote before the game that i was hoping the first game was a case jitters being the first game and a game plan that was very vanilla holding back for Stanford and it looked like thats what it was because you're right we didn't see the defense like this in the first game. Last night after some missed assignments or taking the wrong lanes and some long runs they settled down and it was 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 8 all night for Stanford and for USC is was 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 4 all night. That Carr kid is special. He's the back up but comes in and immediately tears it up. He's got two games where he's just about 10 yards a carry (like 9.9).

Last edited:

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Darnold. I'd rather he keep that gunslinger mentality because he had quite a few throws that others wouldn't try that turned out to be beautiful perfectly placed throws. The more he gets accustomed to the receivers the better he will get. I wrote before the game that i was hoping the first game was a case jitters being the first game and a game plan that was very vanilla holding back for Stanford and it looked like thats what it was because you're right we didn't see the defense like this in the first game. Last night after some missed assignments or taking the wrong lanes and some long runs they settled down and it was 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 8 all night for Stanford and for USC is was 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 4 all night. That Carr kid is special. He's the back up but comes in and immediately tears it up. He's got two games where he's just about 10 yards a carry (like 9.9).
I hear ya, and can see your point. With the second INT, I think he thought the WR was one-on-one and didn't see the safety coming across and dropping coverage on the other Trojan WR. Great INT by Stanford on that play and why they have one of the best secondaries in the country. I loved the way the defense adjusted after Love had that 75 yard run. They completely shut him down after that little spurt.