• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

14 more times please

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
43 rushing attempts.....29 passing attempts.......41 min to 19 min time of possession....16 point road victory.....how many posters on the Hoop have been begging JG and the Cowboys for this kind of game plan. I'm thinking Romo changing called run plays to passes down on the goal line caused a little blowback, maybe even from Jerry on down. Whatever the case, if we run the ball as much as we pass the ball the rest of the way, I think we have a great season

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been begging for it, but in the past it wasn't possible. The addition of Martin has made this offensive line legit and the running game has been a lot more effective in the first two games this year than it's been in years. Yes, the penalties are still there and the pass protection has looked suspect at times, but nobody's offensive line is perfect. This offensive line doesn't need to be perfect to be one of the best lines in this league. After the first two weeks, they've bullied two stout defenses. Before the "it's only been two weeks" posts, just consider this:

In last night's game, the 49ers held Matt Forte to 19 yards on 12 rushes. In other words, they completely took away the Bears' running game where as against Dallas, they were gashed, but thanks to Romo and an untimely fumble by Murray, the 49ers were able to leave Dallas with a win. But let the stats and observation show, the Cowboys were very successful in running the football against a 49ers team that has prided itself on defense in stopping the run. Marshawn Lynch is one of the few players that have rushed for 100 yards against the 49ers in the past few years. Murray basically did what not many players have done against the 49ers, even though it was in a losing effort. And yes I do realize they were missing Bowman and Smith, but that didn't seem to stop them from completely neutralizing Forte last night.

Just last week the Titans completely engulfed Jamaal Charles, one of the league's top running backs, yet against the Cowboys they were completely gashed. Yes, we all know it's a week-to-week league, and we all know nothing really means anything in Week 2, but what they've done up to this point in the running game just can't simply be overlooked.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been begging for it, but in the past it wasn't possible. The addition of Martin has made this offensive line legit and the running game has been a lot more effective in the first two games this year than it's been in years. Yes, the penalties are still there and the pass protection has looked suspect at times, but nobody's offensive line is perfect. This offensive line doesn't need to be perfect to be one of the best lines in this league. After the first two weeks, they've bullied two stout defenses. Before the "it's only been two weeks" posts, just consider this:

In last night's game, the 49ers held Matt Forte to 19 yards on 12 rushes. In other words, they completely took away the Bears' running game where as against Dallas, they were gashed, but thanks to Romo and an untimely fumble by Murray, the 49ers were able to leave Dallas with a win. But let the stats and observation show, the Cowboys were very successful in running the football against a 49ers team that has prided itself on defense in stopping the run. Marshawn Lynch is one of the few players that have rushed for 100 yards against the 49ers in the past few years. Murray basically did what not many players have done against the 49ers, even though it was in a losing effort. And yes I do realize they were missing Bowman and Smith, but that didn't seem to stop them from completely neutralizing Forte last night.

Just last week the Titans completely engulfed Jamaal Charles, one of the league's top running backs, yet against the Cowboys they were completely gashed. Yes, we all know it's a week-to-week league, and we all know nothing really means anything in Week 2, but what they've done up to this point in the running game just can't simply be overlooked.
You made a great point about the OLine. If we had stuck with the run last week a few times when we audibled to a pass, I think last week might have looked a lot different

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy we or running the ball, but with the late lead we had I think they could have sat Murray sooner to try and preserve his legs and his health for the future. With the way Romo has played thus far Murray is the most important skill player on the team. IMO they should have sat him about 5 or 6 plays sooner. Each carry adds up in a 16 game season and had Murray got hurt we'd be screaming for JG head.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy we or running the ball, but with the late lead we had I think they could have sat Murray sooner to try and preserve his legs and his health for the future. With the way Romo has played thus far Murray is the most important skill player on the team. IMO they should have sat him about 5 or 6 plays sooner. Each carry adds up in a 16 game season and had Murray got hurt we'd be screaming for JG head.

:agree: I'd be confident in Dunbar or Randle getting a few more carries.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels Good to get a win I think we beat the Rams next week.

I hope so. It's tough to play back to back road games, but I think the QB matchup alone should give us an advantage. I know I can't wait to see our OLine strap it up against the Rams DLine. Talk about a heavyweight battle!

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. It's tough to play back to back road games, but I think the QB matchup alone should give us an advantage. I know I can't wait to see our OLine strap it up against the Rams DLine. Talk about a heavyweight battle!

I'm excited Big Test!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue i have is last year they would have beat greenbay if they stayed with run. Frederick mauls people in the run game. The run blocking is really good. If romo still has a deep ball we will see it in a few weeks

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue i have is last year they would have beat greenbay if they stayed with run. Frederick mauls people in the run game. The run blocking is really good. If romo still has a deep ball we will see it in a few weeks

It's a good time to enjoy the moment.....