• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

13/14 Sharks Training Camp

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: game is on radio, but it seems like the Sharks were really rusty looking lastnight. No word on Torres yet but I guess he's out for tonights game.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I believe the Yotes are doing a radio broadcast of tonight's game.

Sharks roster:

Kennedy - Couture - Marleau
Stewart - Pavelski - Wingels
Sheppard - Desjardins - Hayes
Nieto - Hamilton - Gogol
Kearns - McCarthy

Hannan - Demers
Vlasic - Braun
Petrecki - Acolatse
Tennyson

Sateri
Stalock
I guess they are going to keep micro out of all preseason games

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Typical Sharks game. All five goals scored on the PP.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just got back from the game... fun to be at the tank again:

quick reactions (all taken with grain of salt given the preseason, etc.)

1. Impressed with hamilton and nieto. Hamilton is bigger than I thought and plays the body well. I thought he looked pretty sharp. Might need another year in the A, but he might be a shark one day. Nieto is really fast and aggressive. Many times he had the puck and instead of just dumping in or making a soft play, he used his very good speed to try to make something happen. he didnt show up on the scoreboard, but he looks like he could also be a shark in a year or two. he's a little small so it will be tough for him, but with another year, he could be pretty solid.

2. Acolatse has a long way to go. He got undressed like 3 times, and looked like he was a long way from handling NHL calibre moves. He definitely can skate and is quite mobile,but the positioning is not there.

3. Sateri was good though not great. He had a few sparkling stops and both goals were no so much his fault (although the first was stoppable if he had fought through a screen.) He did leave some juicy rebounds and misplayed a a few pucks, so I think he is isnt there year, but the potential is the there and the positioning looked pretty sound. Maybe with one or two years of full time wooster duty, he'll get a call-up. Still might need just a bit of work...

4. No one else impressed me too much of the rooks and the big three of pavs, patty and cooch were head and shoulders above anyone else (as to be expected). gogol, mccarthy, kearns, etc. are AHL fodder. Sheppard showed nothing much to write home about either. Demers looked so-so, and Id like to see him a little better in his own end as his breakouts werent sharp.

5. The PP was awesome, PK not so much and 5 on 5 was really pretty bad.

6. The GWG by cooch just shows that he is a superstar. Only great players score GWG in OT by purposefully banking it off the goalie. He's just such a heady player. Yes, its preseason but still so cool...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's good to hear Hamilton is playing well. If the offensive side of his game can catch up to the defensive side he's going to be a very good 2nd/3rd line tweener.

Acolatse unfortunately hasn't been the same player since his injury. Prior to the injury he was playing a strong two way game and was considered a candidate for possible call up.

ROSTER NOTES: Rob Davison was placed on waivers today. There should be another big round of cuts announced either today or tomorrow.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Comrie also placed on waivers

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comrie & Davison have to clear waivers before they can go to the minors, right?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kind of shocked to see Schwartz go down so early

I thought they'd give him a little longer look as well but the knock on him has always been the defensive side of his game. If you look at the three prospect forwards still in camp (Nieto, Hamilton, Hertl) they all play strong games in their own zone.

I'm more surprised that Doherty, Pelech, Kearns, and McCarthy are still in camp.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they'd give him a little longer look as well but the knock on him has always been the defensive side of his game. If you look at the three prospect forwards still in camp (Nieto, Hamilton, Hertl) they all play strong games in their own zone.

I'm more surprised that Doherty, Pelech, Kearns, and McCarthy are still in camp.

I think we can thank Torres' s injury for them still being here in SJ

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie said:
"@PollakOnSharks: Been advised Raffi Torres injury coming in not too distant future from #SJSharks."/Lots of rumbles that it's not good.

Ugh...Well this probably explains why Nieto and Hamilton are sticking around camp longer than the others.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Torres could miss 3-4 months | CSN Bay Area

Sharks forward Raffi Torres will likely miss a minimum of six weeks, and possibly much longer, after suffering an ACL injury in his right knee.

According to general manager Doug Wilson, the Sharks have not made any final determination as to whether Torres will have surgery. That decision will be made at some point this week.

If Torres does have surgery, he would miss three-to-four months.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That blows for ralphie, its not the first time he has had a blown out knee either. Thats a brutal loss as well, you dont replace a Ralphie it just doesnt happen. SO the seasons starts with two top 6 guys out

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah, thats a tough tough break. Gotta hope none of the other forwards get hurt, or it will be a repeat of previous years' 1-line teams with no secondary scoring. Sounds like adding kennedy may be a big move and Hertl is gunna play a big time role. They are also likely gunna need someone else to step into a much bigger role like nieto or hamilton. This is a real good year to be a rookie forward since basically 2 of them will be getting in and at least one if not both will get top nine looks.

Let the wooster shuttle begin...

p.s.: with all the injuries maybe dougie can go shopping from the bargain bin. Brad Boyes? Simon gagne? For 1M or less for each, it might be worth a shot. They really need some help and they have 7M sitting on IR, so the space should easily be there. I really dont want to see them go the safe route with guys like kearns or mccarthy just eating up space and hoping that jumbo, patty, burns, cooch, and pavelski will be all the scoring.