• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 12.13.14 Pens at Jackets - Who's Dubi going to pester now?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost as bad as the tripping call that immediately preceded it.

It also seems clear that the Penguin players have never met a call they didn't disagree with. Someone, not sure who, bitched about an offside. On ice mics picked it up. lol

He had one hell of a game. I just felt he was going to tie it. As soon as the puck went wide on icing, I thought. "Welp... OT"

Hard to believe, but that is six wins in a row.

Ryan Johansen just said (of his shootout goal - which was FILTHY) " I really didn't know what I was doing. I wanted to go backhand, but he moved. So I had to do something else."

Oh, I agree, Bob was picking up his stick. I didn't want 4 on 4 in that situation though. More ice with the wideopen nature of that game wasn't a good thing. Ended up being a moot point, but good lord. And if the offsides they were complaining about was the Boone breakaway, they had a worthy complaint. It was darned close.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like them a lot more when Fleury is in there, Greiss was awful in the SO.

Yep. Greiss is a great back-up. There's not a lot of teams who have such a solid option at #2. That said, man he's not a guy for the shootout. I'd rather put a cold MAF in there, honestly. Say what you will about the guy, but he's incredible in the SO. Overall, the Pens generally fair well in the shootout (helps also when their skill players are in the lineup), but doesn't change how much I hate it. It was a great game, just great. Especially after the first. Second all the way through OT was just fantastic. OT was frantic, both teams got a 4 on 3 chance, etc. Going to the shootout just makes it feel so blah. I struggle because I also dislike the concept of a tie, but man I hate the shootout.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind ties one bit. I hated when they took them away.