• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#11 Michigan @ #13 Wisconsin. Who ya got?

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How overrated will the winner of this game be, and how badly will they lose to Ohio State?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody will come close to beating either team. Unless Georgia somehow upsets Bama in the CG.

You never know.

Everyone thought tOSU was going to get fucked up in the 2014 playoffs. Gotta play the games.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Michigan's defense wasn't the reason they struggled with Army. Army only put up 14 points in regulation.

You're the 3rd Michigan fan I've seen try to pass off that BS.

Even Rice held Army to 14 points in regulation.

You'd better hope Harbaugh found some offense in their bye week.

Except we are not talking about Army. According to the schedule they play a team from Wisconsin. Different week, different team, different circumstances. If you are going to insert yourself into a conversation bring some thought.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge - Wisconsin

They could go on to lose to Ohio State two times

Army ran all over meeechegan last week for 200 yards. Wisky's OL is bigger, faster, stronger than Army's.

Just don't see meeeechegan's D containing Taylor or the Badgers ground game after what the Black Knights did to them. Jimmy Jam's Crew could have a tough visit to Camp Randall.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew that's where you'd go......Thing is, Army turned it over 3 times too, dude.

"It is why many fans have been calling out Harbaugh and the coaching staff for the undisciplined play of the team this year. Between turnovers and missed blocking assignments — the team has looked terrible on offense and we returned almost everyone."

That is a Bo Pelini team right there.

"The teams who usually give UM the most trouble are those with really quick WR’s and a mobile QB. Wisconsin has neither."

Army doesn't have quick WR's, but Wiscy does.

Army only threw the ball 4 times all game. They run dives the entire time. Our defense played good — they ran 60+ times for like 200 yards.
Our offense was the problem. They were a disaster.

That being said — Wisconsin is a team who plays a style that fits the type of defense UM plays. Not really sure why you’d think Wisconsin has all these quick receivers — they threw for 100 yards total last year against UM. Props to Coan for throwing against USF and whoever else they played, but Hornibrook did the same thing.

Will be a fun game to watch.

Lastly, nice game against Colorado. I hate to say I told you so......

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Army only threw the ball 4 times all game. They run dives the entire time. Our defense played good — they ran 60+ times for like 200 yards.

That being said — Wisconsin is a team who plays a style that fits the type of defense UM plays. Not really sure why you’d think Wisconsin has all these quick receivers — they threw for 100 yards total last year against UM. Props to Coan for throwing against USF and whoever else they played, but Hornibrook did the same thing.

You might want to slow down comparing Michigan's defense last year to what you have this year. Plus, Cephus didn't play last year. An, Wisconsin's offense is light years ahead of last year's.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan turned it over 3 times and both Army td’s came after two of the fumbles.

Hell, Michigan has lost, I think 5 fumbles thru the 1st two games. They lost 3 fumbles in 13 games last year.

It is why many fans have been calling out Harbaugh and the coaching staff for the undisciplined play of the team this year. Between turnovers and missed blocking assignments — the team has looked terrible on offense and we returned almost everyone.

The only player on offense who has looked great is a damn true freshman RB. Without him in week 1 — it would have been a close game. And without him in week 2, we would have lost to Army.

Army is a tough team to play against, but there is no excuse for how poorly UM played against them. If UM plays like that against Wisconsin — they will lose.

The teams who usually give UM the most trouble are those with really quick WR’s and a mobile QB. Wisconsin has neither. That’s why I like UM in the matchup this weekend. UM put up 38 last year and ran for over 300 yards. We return basically the whole offense and a really good true freshman RB.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wiscy won, but if I’m betting money — I’m taking Michigan. That said — when UM plays OSU, even though it is home, I’m betting the house on OSU if the spread is anything less than OSU -10. I think they boat race us this year again after watching each team thus far.

That running success from last year, won't be translated to this year quite as easily IMO. Wisconsin was terrible on defense last year, some of that due to injury. Those guys are back and they look like the Wisconsin of old(top 25 defense at worst, but this is looking like a top 10 defense).

Is DPJ going to play? I think him being out has hurt the offense some as well. But Shea has looked pretty bad the first two games as well.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cephus is an NFL calibur WR who didn't play last year. Wisconsin is a totally different team than last year. They are currently a 3.5 point favorite.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to slow down comparing Michigan's defense last year to what you have this year. Plus, Cephus didn't play last year. An, Wisconsin's offense is light years ahead of last year's.

Definitely not comparing last year’s defense to this year’s. But our top CB is back and Ambry Thomas took over for David Long. So Wisconsin’s WRs are the least of my worries coming into the matchup.

The DL of UM and the OL of Wisconsin is where this game will be decided. I haven’t been impressed with UM’s DL thru two games, but it is impossible to pass judgement on them from last weeks game as Army just runs a dive play over and over it seems.

I think it will be a good game, but if I were betting my own money (which I don’t bet on sports) I’d take Michigan. If it were Wisconsin getting 3 1/2, I’d take Wisconsin. Think it will be a close game.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not comparing last year’s defense to this year’s. But our top CB is back and Ambry Thomas took over for David Long. So Wisconsin’s WRs are the least of my worries coming into the matchup.

The DL of UM and the OL of Wisconsin is where this game will be decided. I haven’t been impressed with UM’s DL thru two games, but it is impossible to pass judgement on them from last weeks game as Army just runs a dive play over and over it seems.

I think it will be a good game, but if I were betting my own money (which I don’t bet on sports) I’d take Michigan. If it were Wisconsin getting 3 1/2, I’d take Wisconsin. Think it will be a close game.

At 3-3 1/2, it's a pick-em game. I kind of wish the game was a little later in the season. You have to remember that Cephus has only had 4 weeks of practice in 2 years. He is only going to get better as the season progresses. We (both team's fans) have a good game coming.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That running success from last year, won't be translated to this year quite as easily IMO. Wisconsin was terrible on defense last year, some of that due to injury. Those guys are back and they look like the Wisconsin of old(top 25 defense at worst, but this is looking like a top 10 defense).

Is DPJ going to play? I think him being out has hurt the offense some as well. But Shea has looked pretty bad the first two games as well.

When they’ve played USF and CMU —. I can’t crown them anything yet. Both USF and CMU are horrendous. So judging their defense is impossible right now.

As far as DPJ — I’m not sure if he is playing or not. They are tight lipped about that stuff. I’m not concerned if he isn’t, as WR is our deepest position. The OL is what I’m worried about. If we get back Runyan at LT, I will be much happier. We haven’t had our LT yet this year and we lost our RT too, and the play of the OL has been terrible at the tackle positions. The RT replacement played great week 1, then was horrendous against Army. LT has been mediocre both weeks. So Runyan back at LT will be huge.

Also think the bye week came at the perfect time as Patterson has been dinged up so he never held onto the ball on RPO’s. I think that changes this week. Patterson had 90 yards against Wiscy last year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cephus is an NFL calibur WR who didn't play last year. Wisconsin is a totally different team than last year. They are currently a 3.5 point favorite.

It is just way too early to tell. They’ve looked really good, but they’ve yet to play anyone.

And I think Wisconsin has a few quality WR’s, but OSU has the WR’s who give UM the most trouble and only a select few teams bring in those type of WR’s (OSU and Bama are the two I can think of this year). It is the guy quick twitch explosive guys who can get separation quickly on crossing routes that give UM fits.

I’m much more worried about UM DL vs OL of Wisconsin with Taylor running behind them.

Wisconsin throwing the ball will be an afterthought IMO

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except we are not talking about Army. According to the schedule they play a team from Wisconsin. Different week, different team, different circumstances. If you are going to insert yourself into a conversation bring some thought.

Michigan was looking ahead to Wisconsin against Army?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Michigan's 3 turnovers were more costly than Army's 3 turnovers?

Just tryin' to keep up with you homers.

DayDrinkinginDurham

Healed Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin. The wolverines under Harbaugh are chronic underachievers, always hyped up, but crumbling against any stiff opposition. Plus I'll bet the badgers haven't gotten over the 2017 loss to OSU, as well as last years trainwreck.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been wrong about Michigan under Harbaugh EVER.

The reason why is I had to live through 7 years of Bo Pelini. Some things just become a pattern.

Through 4 whole seasons + 2 games, Jim Harbaugh = Bo Pelini (without the division titles).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been wrong about Michigan under Harbaugh EVER.

The reason why is I had to live through 7 years of Bo Pelini. Some things just become a pattern.

Through 4 whole seasons + 2 games, Jim Harbaugh = Bo Pelini (without the division titles).

Please stop insulting Michigan. Talk about a slap in the face, mentioning UM and Nebraska in the same breath right now. We would like to thank Colorado for quieting down the Huskies and bringing them back to reality.

The biggest difference between the two schools. One can recruit top 10 classes and plays in one of the toughest divisions in CFB.

Nebraska cannot and they’ve been mediocre in arguably the worst division in P5. Keep up the delusions that Nebraska, without in state talent, is going to put together a roster to compete at the national level again. It is entertaining watching Frost scowl and wishing he was back at UCF, wheee he could bring in Florida kids to play for him.