• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 Worst Jerseys In NHL History According To TRL Hockey

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, it's hard to have a bad ass logo when your name isn't something ferocious or terrifying like a panther, shark, or pen...errr avalanche, but refers to a city that is in charge of governance. Actually, that is a little terrifying. ;)
Hey-o! We may not be terrifying or ferocious, but hey, we um, can persevere in the harshest of environments. Yeah, that's it.

Your current jersey needs more stars. :whistle:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which ones are to like?

After that we moved onto the god awful blue/teal? and gold colors below. The eagle's wings are kinda weird looking, like there was an argument between people trying to preserve the "stars" from before and someone trying to make something that looked bad ass and they compromised and the former designer got the wings and other got the face and talons. The crooked stripes everywhere are terrible. The alternate black jerseys were pretty nice, if only because they minimized the impact of an awful color palette.

8890ff7bd2c274b6.jpg

Then we arrive at today's jerseys - by far the best, but still far from great. The jersey itself is pretty awesome, it's modern without being too crazy. The colors are great and the striping on the sides and under the arms is pretty cool and unique. And they limited the number of stars!! But again, the logo is just kinda the name written out - they reversed the italicization and got a new font (which is better), but it's still based on a fairly lame logo concept. Then again, it's hard to have a bad ass logo when your name isn't something ferocious or terrifying like a panther, shark, or pen...errr avalanche, but refers to a city that is in charge of governance. Actually, that is a little terrifying. ;)

I actually really liked the black/gold/teal color combo. It was something unique and I thought the white ones with the eagle were some of my favorites, not counting the obvious classics.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really liked the black/gold/teal color combo. It was something unique and I thought the white ones with the eagle were some of my favorites, not counting the obvious classics.

Fair enough. It's always going to come to personal taste to some degree.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the gold thread.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too!! Have a Bondra and Oates one in my closet. Brings back great memories of the cup run.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which ones are to like?

The original logo wasn't even really a logo as much as someone typed out the name and jammed a hockey stick in there. It looks like they had one of those office contests to decide the logo and only two people entered and they were forced to make it their jersey. And since the logo was bad, they just kept adding stars to the thing. Why not just get all 50 states on there?

WashingtonCapitals92-93Fjersey.jpg

After that we moved onto the god awful blue/teal? and gold colors below. The eagle's wings are kinda weird looking, like there was an argument between people trying to preserve the "stars" from before and someone trying to make something that looked bad ass and they compromised and the former designer got the wings and other got the face and talons. The crooked stripes everywhere are terrible. The alternate black jerseys were pretty nice, if only because they minimized the impact of an awful color palette.

8890ff7bd2c274b6.jpg

Then we arrive at today's jerseys - by far the best, but still far from great. The jersey itself is pretty awesome, it's modern without being too crazy. The colors are great and the striping on the sides and under the arms is pretty cool and unique. And they limited the number of stars!! But again, the logo is just kinda the name written out - they reversed the italicization and got a new font (which is better), but it's still based on a fairly lame logo concept. Then again, it's hard to have a bad ass logo when your name isn't something ferocious or terrifying like a panther, shark, or pen...errr avalanche, but refers to a city that is in charge of governance. Actually, that is a little terrifying. ;)

thumb.aspx

I actually thought the blue ones with the eagle were really sharp

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought the blue ones with the eagle were really sharp

I agree, I still have a Kolzig one.

I did always wonder how it would look if the main color was red and the accents were blue, silver and white though. That whole "Let's market the Wizards and Caps together" was a bad idea. I think they missed an opportunity.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackets could have well made the list. This was the original concept:
0703-cbj-proto1.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say that again....

CanadianBoomer.jpg

BoomerGolf.jpg

She said "Cannon" not "Creepy Civil War era dildo".

That first logo was pretty terrible. I like the newer one, but kind of wish they'd go with the current third jersey as the primary.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She said "Cannon" not "Creepy Civil War era dildo".

That first logo was pretty terrible. I like the newer one, but kind of wish they'd go with the current third jersey as the primary.

The navy blue and cream one? Yes. BIG fan. I tend to think they'll move that way.