• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 worst BCS QBs

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to say is that if Brion Carnes is starting games next year, I refuse to watch any games.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
at least we can say our qb was hurt the entire season, haha but sucks to make that list

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Broad Side of a Barn could play wide receiver for Nebraska and not get more than three catches per game with Lee at the helm." They even used the word atrocious... I hope Lee doesn't read his own press...

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair-weather piece of shit

I have my moments but dude I'm just as loyal as anyone on here. I resent my fanhood being questioned. That post was only in good fun, and shined light on the fact that if Brion Carnes is the starting QB, then we have serious trouble. You can't deny that. This excludes the possiblity of Brion Carnes being the second coming of christ. In which case I will watch intently. I fully expect Carnes to redshirt.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my moments but dude I'm just as loyal as anyone on here. I resent my fanhood being questioned. That post was only in good fun, and shined light on the fact that if Brion Carnes is the starting QB, then we have serious trouble. You can't deny that. This excludes the possiblity of Brion Carnes being the second coming of christ. In which case I will watch intently. I fully expect Carnes to redshirt.

oh shit, lol i was completely joking, I knew what you meant.. i just forgot to put in a silly smiley.. I apologize for not being clearer

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else realize this is from Bleacher Report, which means it's just someone's opinion and they have no solid facts to back it up?

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
oh shit, lol i was completely joking, I knew what you meant.. i just forgot to put in a silly smiley.. I apologize for not being clearer

haven't you learned yet that there is only 2 (that's 1 less than 3) people on here who can properly utilize sarcasm. jed and myself. read it. know it. live it!

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would not include Green in this convo (cause you are just trying to stir things up) as Cody Green was never given any real support by Watson and based on last season neither was anyone that was not a normal starter cause their wasn't any development. I think Cody got to play about 1.5 games and the game calling was always the same no matter who was in the game on offense or what the the other team was doing to us.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play calling was very minimal for Cody Green because he didn't know enough of the playbook to run a variety of plays. That isn't completely Watson's fault. That is Green's fault for not getting the playbook.

Did I just, even remotely, defend Watson? Oh man I feel sick.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of the qb I saw Lee was the worst with cody green second and hawkins 3rd...and the back up for Texas fits in well with these bozos!!!

If Gill was our coach, you wouldn't say that about Lee.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would not include Green in this convo (cause you are just trying to stir things up) as Cody Green was never given any real support by Watson and based on last season neither was anyone that was not a normal starter cause their wasn't any development. I think Cody got to play about 1.5 games and the game calling was always the same no matter who was in the game on offense or what the the other team was doing to us.

Can't you see that Green couldn't handle Division One football?! Maybe this year, and that's a big maybe, he'll actually show he belongs with the big boys in college football. Don't hold your breath though.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Cody Spano doesn't shine this spring, I'll be very surprised.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The games I got to watch up here in MN showed me that Watson didn't change anything until Bo had him go into super conservative mode so they gave the D a chance to give them field position so that Henry would have a chance at a field goal in case Zac messed things up. According to what was said on the site I use to be on Cody said he knew 250 of the 300 plays. But Zac and Green have different skill sets and Watson tried to force the same poor play calling on both. There wasn't any change to counter what they where doing, and Cody only got One full game in and the rest was a series he or a couple plays there. How is a person suppose to get into a game rhythm when he was never given a real chance. When you know watching the game what is going to be called and are right 99% of the time what is the opposing team going to be doing. And there wasn't a game all year that Watson called plays to people that had a hot hand it was always spread it around. There were things Cody looked better in (more relaxed in the pocket than Zac) and he ran a hell of a lot better than Zac. Now all was not on Zac as our receivers sucked most games so that didn't help any QB and when Helu went down and then Burkhead Zac could not handle the pressure. Personally I feel if Cody would have been declared The Man and backed from the beginning of the season and got the break in game at the beginning of the season like Zac did we would have had a slightly better season cause some things you just have to get the Reps and game time to get things to slow down and get the feel for. But there was only one game they changed things up on offense dramatically and that was the bowl game. The thing I would like to know is when did Zac get hurt? Cause that did not help him out at all and what vote of confidence did Cody get when all Zac would do is come back to the huddle or sideline with that goofy smile on his face and not be getting in peoples faces or pulling the offense to the side and showing some leadership to try and motivate them. Every time Zac got talked to by Bo he crumbled. Zac and the play he allowed by the offense *as the QB should be the leader of the offense* in the Ia St game and his personal play was why we lost that game and When Bo talked to him as he came off the field during the KU game when we got the ball what on the 5 and Zac and the line messed things up and also got some penalties and took us out of scoring range. He didn't score the rest of that game. They backed Zac almost to a fault and didn't show Cody any confidence or change the plays a bit to fit what Cody brought to the table. If the Coach is not smart enough to use 50 less plays cause the QB doen't know all 300 and doen't show he can fit the play calling to the ability and knowledge of the player they are in serious do do. And there wasn't any development of any non starters which is another reason why the running game went down so hard when the two starters went down. I am not saying Cody would have been much better than Zac if he would have been given the reins like they gave Zac but Cody didn't do things to loose the game for us like Zac did. Lets face it Cody was young and Watson was not willing to give the reins to anyone (LaTravis who by what my friends in Neb told me had a good throwing arm and could run and liked to bring on the Hurt because of the position they moved him from) all because on guy said he knew the whole play book and when he is throwing to a point on the field and the receiver broke the opposite way, well someone doesn't know what they say, and that I saw happen more than once with the star receiver so someone is wrong. To me Watson held up progress in the team as a whole an extra two years. We know that the D during Bo's 1st year as head coach will probably be his worst for us. Special teams isn't great but they did progress some throughout the season and are at least respectable. Offense, we still have no clue as to what direction it is going for sure. Yeah we all expected a bit of a fall off after losing Ganz the two receivers that always seemed to step up for him and I think we had a really good lineman also. But we didn't just drop off we nosed dived. So in my book we have two year at least if Watson is still here to have any confidence in what the offense will be like. The identity they had Watson's 1st year was what I would call the normal struggles under a coaching change and they did pretty good to a 2nd year disaster. And I will be one calling for Watsons job if he hasn't improved to close to the production they had his 1st season, AND they need to show a lot of player development and the ability to recognize the hot hand and dare teams to stop them and make game time changes. They did it on D and need to be able to do that on offense. Special teams is for the kamakazi's lol but they need to be more sure handed and esp on offense they need to have their heads in the game the whole game every game. I couldn't believe it when Niles Paul (I think thats who it was) dropped that what was ruled a lateral and didn't go for the ball to make sure we had control of the ball. D is the very best part of our team and got burned one game for losing focus late in the V Tech game, but they vastly improved all season. Special teams, the kicker was great but the rest were just okay and lacked some focus. To me that is partly because of some of them being on offense and the offense had one good complete game all season and that game we got to play because our D kept us in the game. If we would have had the offense doing half as well as it did Bo's 1st year we could have been in the NC talk. Yeah I am exaggerating that just a little but the offense wasted a year when we had an extremely good D and besides the blunder of the Heisman voters had the best player in CFB. I would have liked to have seen Suh get the excitement of being on a team that had legit talk and hope of being in the NC. I am so glad we got Bo cause Suh would have left without him and I cannot imagine how good a player he would have been with 4 years under Bo, or how good Ganz would have been with even a couple years under a coach that played the best player not who he promised the most to.
Well to make a long story longer lol Watson should be gone if he cannot show marked improvement on the field and in developing all the players he is in charge of, even if he didn't pull the plug on some other coach that coaches under him. We do not need an offensive coodinator that cannot evaluate his coaches and get them to teach what he wants to those he is in charge of or to get rid of those coaching weak links cause then he is the weakest link and really could be a great coach as long as he has total control of everything. Well it cannot happen. Bo I think has done a good enough job to stay on as the HC but he will have to be able to recognize where the weak links are on the other sides of the ball and if those people cannot improve to a high enough level then he needs to get rid of them and learn what is needed to get the job done on the O and ST side of the ball, but mostly the O.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Green was not given any true chance and I do not think he felt he had any real chance of getting the job unless he hit light out on every play and made it so they couldn't replace him. I think he always was made to feel that they only reason you were in the game (when he didn't start) was to give him some game reps and that was all, which would have been fine. And the other reason was to send a message to Zac so Cody never had a shot and with the way things played out this year the better thing to have done if they were going with Zac was by the 3rd game red shirt him (or whenever the rules say a kid needs to be red shirted). Cause what happened was to similar to the worst coach in the B12 did in Colorado for the last 3 season, cram a poor QB down the teams throat, lightly play and jerk around the other QB's and other highly talented players. I am not saying Watson is AS bad as Hawkins but he in my mind did some of the same things as Hawkins and the swear word of a name last HC we had. Maybe he got some help in figuring things out from TO or someone else and has the ability to pick things up and get going in the right direction. I am hoping that the AZ game was a glimpse of what we will see this year but that same game showed absolutely no development of any of the non starters which is concerning to me having coached several sports for almost 20 years.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YuHusker, I really like what you have to say, but from now on could you put in some paragraph spacing so it's easier to read?

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hi Irule
LOL I can try but that takes all the fun out of it cause I have to think about what I am doing. lol
I am doing better tho. A couple years after the car accident that put me in the physical condition I am in now it was worse if you can believe it. I was studying and had a killer headache so to try to be able to get things going I rubbed my eyes looked at the wall for about 10 seconds and when I looked at the book to read again all I saw was letters. NO spaces just letters and I couldn't make words out of them at all. So as you see I am putting spaces in every once and awhile. lol

But ask RedAlert I get off on a rant and get lost. Sometimes I am surprised that I find my way back.

But I spose I should try to show that I do have some edumacation.