• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 team Yahoo Fantasy Football League

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

I wanted to nominate myself for the Toyota Hall of Fame, but you have to have a history on Yahoo to do that.:lol:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my draft grade thing basically just told me how much my team sucked. Nice.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Green Hawks and Jax's Dogs got the best score. B+

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, for completing forgetting about this draft, I have a decent team, shocking I didnt get stuff with everyone completely horrible.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cave it looks like we square off week 1. Good Luck!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at your line up Cave and I don't care what the report card says, it looks like a nice line up to me.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there are any teams that look particularly bad.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in a 10 team league , nobody should look bad. I'm in three FF leagues and Seahawk Kingdom league that Firebreathing Monkey created was easily the hardest with 16 teams and 2 QB and the point system.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Who Likes their team?

Well, other than Brandon Marshall, my starting WR corps is nothing to write home about (I have Hakeem Nicks and Greg Jennings as my other starting WRs). I'm REALLY excited about my staring RB corp of Peterson and Steven Jackson, and I like my depth at that position, too.

I think that the logic that Yahoo used to grade my team's draft is kinda flawed, though. Here's what they said about my fourth round pick:

"Biggest Reach: The Womanizers went out on a limb with their fourth-round pick. Across all Yahoo! leagues, Eddie Lacy has an ADP of 87.2, but The Womanizers grabbed him at pick No. 40."

He may have an average draft position of 87.2, but it doesn't change the fact that he was at or near the top of the RB rankings when I picked at 40. With Lacy ranked one of the best RBs overall and the fact that I have to wait 19 picks before my next selection, can I really assume that Lacy will be there when I get my next draft pick? I don't think that I can.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I need to start paying attention to bye weeks for players!

What grade did the rest of you get?

C+. I'd probably give myself something closer to a B, though. My WR corps may be a bit below par, but I loaded up on RBs early so that I could fill both my starting flex spots with them, because RBs tend to get more consistent touches that WRs. Also, Yahoo criticized my TE and DEF as being below average. I think that my deficiency in projected points at DEF/TE would probably amount to only a point or two per game. Personally, I'd rather load up on depth at WR and RB than have an elite DEF or TE.

Here's the link to my report card:

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, other than Brandon Marshall, my starting WR corps is nothing to write home about (I have Hakeem Nicks and Greg Jennings as my other starting WRs). I'm REALLY excited about my staring RB corp of Peterson and Steven Jackson, and I like my depth at that position, too.

I think that the logic that Yahoo used to grade my team's draft is kinda flawed, though. Here's what they said about my fourth round pick:

"Biggest Reach: The Womanizers went out on a limb with their fourth-round pick. Across all Yahoo! leagues, Eddie Lacy has an ADP of 87.2, but The Womanizers grabbed him at pick No. 40."

He may have an average draft position of 87.2, but it doesn't change the fact that he was at or near the top of the RB rankings when I picked at 40. With Lacy ranked one of the best RBs overall and the fact that I have to wait 19 picks before my next selection, can I really assume that Lacy will be there when I get my next draft pick? I don't think that I can.

I feel like if you just picked the highest ranked players every time your pick came up the Yahoo system would have given you a B+ or A.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like if you just picked the highest ranked players every time your pick came up the Yahoo system would have given you a B+ or A.

No I took a stretch on a few players and Yahoo seemed to like them anyways. All in all that grade doesn't mean anything. Yahoo just voted me #1, it means nothing if my team loses the first week.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

That's probably true. For instance, I drafted Nicks when he was ranked below Wayne. Wayne had the same bye week as Brandon Marshall, my #1 WR. I wish that I had taken Wayne anyway. I feel a lot more comfortable with him than Nicks.

Oh well, Nicks could be a pretty good #2 fantasy WR if he can stay healthy, which is a big if, of course.