• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 10:30:15

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On 56% shooting 43% from 3. In only in 31 minutes lol

That's some bullshit right there. He's cheatin' somehow. It's the only possible explanation at this point.

Unless he's an alien. :lol:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big KAT!!!!

I don't know why Martin isn't starting, unless they are looking to keep his legs fresh; bring him off the bench to play against second teamers and inflate his numbers.... for a potential trade later in the season. I truly believe he will not be on the team at the end of the season - unless Lavine is not close to where they want him to be, developmentally.

Yeah no chance Martin is around long. He can score pretty well but his D is atrocious. We need to open up PT for Lavine(at his natural spot) and Tyus eventually.

I also think Shabazz is a really solid player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat have retrofitted their roster over the last year and added some good young pieces but their roster is not on par with the Cavs'.

"Our goal is to be like them," Wade said Friday after the Cavs beat the Heat 102-92.

Windhorst: LeBron looks for Miami formula in Cleveland

• James is on a team with the second highest payroll in the history of the league. When James met with Dan Gilbert in Miami in July of 2014 they didn't just clear the air. Gilbert made a promise. He told James he would be willing to spend any amount, the luxury tax or the repeater tax be damned. This season he has committed $175 million to the Cavs' roster, including $65 million in luxury tax.

It is not a secret James was frustrated with Heat owner Micky Arison's cost cutting his final year in Miami. He used the amnesty clause to waive Mike Miller, didn't use the mid-level exception and used a first-round pick in a trade not to add talent but to offload salary at midseason.
"When you have an ownership group that believes what it's going to take, then money is not an object," James said last week. "It's a sign that [Gilbert] will do anything to help us go out there and perform."

in the article Windhorst says over a 3 year span arison spent 34m in luxury tax--- about HALF of what the Cavs are spending THIS YEAR. IT just becomes clearer and clearer why James left- and no small part was ownerships commitment.
i just gotta laugh at Dwayne Wade saying his goal is ot be like the Cavs. lol. That- and Windhorst saying THE EXACT reasons that have been cited by everyone for how Arison drew back on payroll LeBrons last year- well that- and Gilbert spending 65 in luxury tax this year alone which is WAY more than Arison spent in LeBrons 4 TOTAL years there. Thats the commitment your gonna get from Dan though.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Jefferson's athleticism has surprised me. I mean- hes obviously not a make or break guy but its just so nice to have a decent backup for LeBron because last year they didnt have shit at SF unless they moved Shumpr or JR there for a time. Marion was awful.

Jefferson is a knock down 3 pt shooter and still have a little hops. That was underated pickup it looks like.
I wish he wasn't such a piece of shit when he played in SA.