• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/29 GDT World SERIOUS Game 7

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the scorer had a choice on the win. Affeldt was the pitcher of record when the go-ahead run was scored. No spite involved. I was actually surprised when I heard Bum was getting the win.

The only time the scorer has a choice is if the SP is the pitcher if record and he does not go 5. In that sutuation, he CANNOT get the win.

You may be right, but I am far too drunk to look that shit up!

:suds:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a scorer's grey area. Usually the pitcher completing the 5th (with a lead) will be the pitcher of record, but there is some leeway there. (obviously). I think Bum should have gotten the win, but the save is pretty fucking cool too.

Not sure. My understanding was how I write it up, but I have been wrong before.

Marco, if you read this, let us know.

Or Hank, tweet it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this the longest save ever recorded? 5 IPs

I looked it up...

Joaquin Benoit recorded a 7 IP save for the Rangers. He came in for Van Poppel after 2 IP. The scorer awarded the win to Van Poppel. I didn't think that was possible. Apparently there was some controversy attached to the ruling as the Rangers needed to release a statement saying they agreed with the ruling.

Edit:

Apparently Van Poppel came in in relief as well. The game was a combined no-hitter until the 9th when Benoit gave up a triple.

Last edited by a moderator:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was probably mentioned before (I still need to read through this thread), but Affeldt's relief appearance had shades of that 2010 series against the Phillies. Remember Sanchez vs. Ultey, benches clear but JA remained in the Pen to warmup like a boss. He got the ball to Bumgarner after 2 perfect innings, and Bum got the ball to our lock down Pen. Giants eventually won 3-2 to advance. Affeldt was the un-sung hero; after it looked like it was all going to unravel on us, he comes in and settles everyone down. Uribe and Wilson were obviously huge, but Affeldt was the guy. I feel the same way today, Affeldt had so much to do with today's ultimate win, and probably won't get enough credit. Bum obviously was the most important part though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was probably mentioned before (I still need to read through this thread), but Affeldt's relief appearance had shades of that 2010 series against the Phillies. Remember Sanchez vs. Ultey, benches clear but JA remained in the Pen to warmup like a boss. He got the ball to Bumgarner after 2 perfect innings, and Bum got the ball to our lock down Pen. Giants eventually won 3-2 to advance. Affeldt was the un-sung hero; after it looked like it was all going to unravel on us, he comes in and settles everyone down. Uribe and Wilson were obviously huge, but Affeldt was the guy. I feel the same way today, Affeldt had so much to do with today's ultimate win, and probably won't get enough credit. Bum obviously was the most important part though.

Wow. GREAT post. This was not brought up, and I didn't even think about it.

Amazing.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Cain
Madison Bumgarner
Tim Lincecum
Jeremy Affeldt
Javier Lopez
Sergio Romo
Santiago Casilla
Buster Posey
Pablo Sandoval

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GIANTS WIN IT ALL AGAIN 3-2 OVER ROYALS IN 7 GAME FIGHT TO THE END YES YES YES

Who is up for a kick ass party and a Parade? !!! Well the 2014 Journey is complete and the San Francisco Giants are now a confirmed Dynasty in baseball history. In one of the great displays of pitching in the playoffs and this years World Series Madison Bumgarner WS MVP has etched his name in not only MLB history but Sports history in general. The man is simply a Warrior who lifted his team up and carried them across the long Marathon finish line 1st in all of Baseball. Just a tremendous performance in a Disney movie yet to be made. His determination and desire are stories that will be passed down from generation to generation of Giants fans.

Bumgarner now is 5-0 in WS competition and has the lowest ERA for a pitcher with 20 or more innings in the Fall Classic at 0.25. He also threw the most innings ever in a World Series year. Hudson started but did not have his best and was replaced by Affeldt who also has thrown some quality innings in the playoffs over the years. When this story is told don't forget the middle man Affeldt who threw 2 1/3 one hit innings that got the ball to Bumgarner. I have decided to let Affeldt take the stage next year and play a instrument and get him out of that roadie gear. I will just have to build a net around the stage so he won't fall off and break something. A tip of the cap to the Bubble Boy who came up large.

The Giants had that look that they were on a mission and they backed it up with their play in KC tonight against a hard charging Royals team that took this to the very last round before the Giants knockout. Outstanding series by both teams that deserve praise by baseball fans everywhere for their classy respect for the greatest game ever invented. What can you say about Pablo Sandoval except that Giants fans love the guy and his hustle and heart should earn him a new contract to stay in the Bay Area. Pablo was 3-3 with 2 runs scored and had the dream catch in foul territory to end it as he made a grass angel looking to the heavens.

Panik and Crawford hooked up on one of the greatest double plays in WS history that was huge as KC mounted their attack. Those guys are going to be sweet in the middle for years to come. Morse had 2 huge RBI's as the Force made his presence felt in the biggest game of his life. Pence was 2-4 and scored a key run and finished with a .444 average in the series.

Such a special year full of memories that will last forever as the GIANTS WIN IT ALL behind KING BUM , BOCHY, COACHES AND THE BOYS FROM THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD ...SAN FRANCISCO .

Now the boys are gonna party tonight as we all get ready for a Parade that looks like will happen this Friday down Market Street. This Dynasty party might last until they raise the Championship banner in April 2015. I am going to have one hellava hangover tomorrow but it will feel real good. Congrats to the Giants Organization and the Giants fans that are the best in the whole World. Mission Accomplished !

Party up and keep it classy.

San Francisco Giants 3 Time World Champions

4 Time World Champions sounds even better but lets save that story for another time.

Go 2014 World Champion SF GIANTS !! :thrasher::globe::party::amen:

:suds::clap::grouphug:

All on youtube...

The Blues Brothers (6/9) Movie CLIP - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (1980) HD

posted by MOVIECLIPS

Hitler Finds Out the Blues Brothers Got Away !

posted by JakeBlues106

We Came We Saw We Kicked It's Ass ! - Ghostbusters

posted by 2ez4u24get

O Captain , My Captain / Thank You Robin Williams (HD)

posted by CineGraf

"I'll Be Seeing You " - Frank Sinatra

posted by 65 Seasons

Queen - We are the Champions (HQ) (Live At Wembley 86)

posted by chipo312009

Rock On ! May God Bless You All and May all your Dreams come true.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Cain
Madison Bumgarner
Tim Lincecum
Jeremy Affeldt
Javier Lopez
Sergio Romo
Santiago Casilla
Buster Posey
Pablo Sandoval

All are forever in Giants lore. The 3 headed monster. The core four. The Killer "P's".

**Which has grown in recent years

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is up for a kick ass party and a Parade? !!! Well the 2014 Journey is complete and the San Francisco Giants are now a confirmed Dynasty in baseball history. In one of the great displays of pitching in the playoffs and this years World Series Madison Bumgarner WS MVP has etched his name in not only MLB history but Sports history in general. The man is simply a Warrior who lifted his team up and carried them across the long Marathon finish line 1st in all of Baseball. Just a tremendous performance in a Disney movie yet to be made. His determination and desire are stories that will be passed down from generation to generation of Giants fans.

Bumgarner now is 5-0 in WS competition and has the lowest ERA for a pitcher with 20 or more innings in the Fall Classic at 0.25. He also threw the most innings ever in a World Series year. Hudson started but did not have his best and was replaced by Affeldt who also has thrown some quality innings in the playoffs over the years. When this story is told don't forget the middle man Affeldt who threw 2 1/3 one hit innings that got the ball to Bumgarner. I have decided to let Affeldt take the stage next year and play a instrument and get him out of that roadie gear. I will just have to build a net around the stage so he won't fall off and break something. A tip of the cap to the Bubble Boy who came up large.

The Giants had that look that they were on a mission and they backed it up with their play in KC tonight against a hard charging Royals team that took this to the very last round before the Giants knockout. Outstanding series by both teams that deserve praise by baseball fans everywhere for their classy respect for the greatest game ever invented. What can you say about Pablo Sandoval except that Giants fans love the guy and his hustle and heart should earn him a new contract to stay in the Bay Area. Pablo was 3-3 with 2 runs scored and had the dream catch in foul territory to end it as he made a grass angel looking to the heavens.

Panik and Crawford hooked up on one of the greatest double plays in WS history that was huge as KC mounted their attack. Those guys are going to be sweet in the middle for years to come. Morse had 2 huge RBI's as the Force made his presence felt in the biggest game of his life. Pence was 2-4 and scored a key run and finished with a .444 average in the series.

Such a special year full of memories that will last forever as the GIANTS WIN IT ALL behind KING BUM , BOCHY, COACHES AND THE BOYS FROM THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD ...SAN FRANCISCO .

Now the boys are gonna party tonight as we all get ready for a Parade that looks like will happen this Friday down Market Street. This Dynasty party might last until they raise the Championship banner in April 2015. I am going to have one hellava hangover tomorrow but it will feel real good. Congrats to the Giants Organization and the Giants fans that are the best in the whole World. Mission Accomplished !

Party up and keep it classy.

San Francisco Giants 3 Time World Champions

4 Time World Champions sounds even better but lets save that story for another time.

Go 2014 World Champion SF GIANTS !! :thrasher::globe::party::amen:

:suds::clap::grouphug:

All on youtube...

The Blues Brothers (6/9) Movie CLIP - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (1980) HD

posted by MOVIECLIPS

Hitler Finds Out the Blues Brothers Got Away !

posted by JakeBlues106

We Came We Saw We Kicked It's Ass ! - Ghostbusters

posted by 2ez4u24get

O Captain , My Captain / Thank You Robin Williams (HD)

posted by CineGraf

"I'll Be Seeing You " - Frank Sinatra

posted by 65 Seasons

Queen - We are the Champions (HQ) (Live At Wembley 86)

posted by chipo312009

Rock On ! May God Bless You All and May all your Dreams come true.

Your dad would have loved this series, BoB. This is a good memory that you can always associate with him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT A TEAM!!! I'm still in shock 3 titles in 5 years amazing and Madbum was just so clutch when it matter, 60+ pitches after 2 days rest. WORLD CHAMPS YES YES YES!!!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All are forever in Giants lore. The 3 headed monster. The core four. The Killer "P's".

Putting that list together, I was shocked at the breakdown.

Essentially the same rotation, the same core of the pen, but only 2 position players.

I will put together the "Silver-Club" eventually, as well.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pint-of-milk_1448303a.jpg

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting that list together, I was shocked at the breakdown.

Essentially the same rotation, the same core of the pen, but only 2 position players.

I will put together the "Silver-Club" eventually, as well.

The sliver club is pretty impressive, considering the age of Belt and Craw, and Pence's contract. The bronze club too, Duffy, Panik, Susac.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rep!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to spend the last couple of hours eating several helpings of crow pie. Delicious! FTR, I was wrong on July 4 -- no team that had played that poorly over a stretch of 30 games had ever made the playoffs, much less won the whole damn thing. But, the lads proved me wrong.

Clearly, I am in the business of being wrong.

I stayed off the board, as I explained to a couple of guys via message, so as not to be a disruptive force. I was always here though, lurking and reading. It's my community too, and I wanted to respect it and let you all enjoy the post season ride without any pantshatting from me (and believe me I did some epic diaper filling with the SP outside of Bum).

This World Series shit never gets old, does it? Anyway, if it's cool with everyone here I'd like to start with a clean slate for the offseason. That is, no hard feelings either way. I mean, winning is the best deodorant, right?

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU WHO NEVER WAIVERED (especially you, BoB), YOUR FAITH HAS BEEN AMPLY REWARDED.

YES! YES! YES!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to spend the last couple of hours eating several helpings of crow pie. Delicious! FTR, I was wrong on July 4 -- no team that had played that poorly over a stretch of 30 games had ever made the playoffs, much less won the whole damn thing. But, the lads proved me wrong.

I stayed off the board, as I explained to a couple of guys via message, so as not to be a disruptive force. I was always here though, lurking and reading. It's my community too, and I wanted to respect it and let you all enjoy the post season ride without any pantshatting from me (and believe me I did some epic diaper filling with the SP outside of Bum).

This World Series shit never gets old, does it? Anyway, if it's cool with everyone here I'd like to start with a clean slate for the offseason. That is, no hard feelings either way. I mean, winning is the best deodorant, right?

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU WHO NEVER WAIVERED (especially you, BoB), YOUR FAITH HAS BEEN AMPLY REWARDED.

YES! YES! YES!

I say welcome back!

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YES! YES! YES!

Welcome back to posting (other than starting GDT's)

You may have eaten crow, as most of us have. I have a few large 33 gallon bags of used diapers outside, for anyone who might have a use for them.

Winning does solve a lot of issues.

10427293_841561789208854_6474979464240589750_n.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YES! YES! YES!

Welcome back, Brother!

I think everyone on this board has had at least a side-portion of crow tonight. I certainly did not want them to be buyers at the deadlines, and I was quite vocal about my disdain for the Morse and Peavy acquisitions. I think it safe to say we would not be basking in the glow of a DYNASTY if either of them were not with us.

Bochy sealed his induction to the Hall. Bum has laid a solid foundation for the pedestal of his plaque (the plaque does not exist, yet, though). Sabean probably should be in HOF discussions as well.