• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/10 Game Thread: On to Houston

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the same as you. Not many good shots from the pylon, but the one they showed has him crossing the line before the ball coming loose, if you compare body position to other shot from above. It was a TD, IMHO.
I heard a very interesting idea from a nerd friend of my grandson's. He said that it would be simple to bury a metal rod across the front of the goal line and transmit a signal up. Have one seam of the football intertwined with a micro thread receiver. When the ball contacts the signal a light would go on. Then I asked him about passes crossing the signal or kicks. He said he had to think more about it and would get back to me.

I've been flipping that idea in my head ever since.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a very interesting idea from a nerd friend of my grandson's. He said that it would be simple to bury a metal rod across the front of the goal line and transmit a signal up. Have one seam of the football intertwined with a micro thread receiver. When the ball contacts the signal a light would go on. Then I asked him about passes crossing the signal or kicks. He said he had to think more about it and would get back to me.

NFL knows that part of the game is arguing over what we saw.
Take away the drama of the calls and it is a net loss.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the same as you. Not many good shots from the pylon, but the one they showed has him crossing the line before the ball coming loose, if you compare body position to other shot from above. It was a TD, IMHO.
I actually think he was just short. I reviewed the game again (My trusty TIVO) and the best shot is actually the live feed. I reviewed it "frame by frame"... But that's not the point. It was ruled a TD and, given the "current standard" of sticking with original calls unless overwhelmingly clear the call was wrong, this should have stood.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A chip in the ball has been talked about for years. With todays AI advances they don't need a line buried under the goal line. The same thing could be used for first downs.