• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Pens vs. #7 Sens---2nd round series thread

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How hockey. Dude with the gash and blood dripping down his face wins it in OT.

I love this sport.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game. Pens played well but good to see Ottawa with some life. Great way to comeback.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That overtime was just fantastic hockey.

No stupid scrums after the whistle. Minimal influence from the refs. Even the linesman tended to let the players decide the outcome.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the whole game was really good aside from some early discipline issues. Very tight defensive zone coverage, but good chances were earned nonetheless, and both goalies were fantastic.

Even if the rest of the Senators team hadn't deserved a victory (of course, they did deserve a victory with the way they played), Anderson did. What a rebound game for him. And they same could be said of the Penguins and Vokoun.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the rest of the Senators team hadn't deserved a victory (of course, they did deserve a victory with the way they played), Anderson did. What a rebound game for him. And they same could be said of the Penguins and Vokoun.
Except for that utter defensive fail on the PP at the end of regulation.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neil was falling but that hit was right on the numbers. Tough one to call.

In the lower levels of hockey if you hit the numbers you sit. No matter the circumstance. You see numbers, you stop. If Raffi did that to ANYONE it would be 15 games.

Except for that utter defensive fail on the PP at the end of regulation.

I think the hockey gods intervened a little. Cowen was lifted, corkscrewed and suplexed with the ref looking on, Karlsson taking a stick to the mouth and bleeding and Neil being pegged from behind while in a vulnerable position all with no calls.

And with the rest of the series as a yard stick - the REALLY soft call on Karlsson's dive. It wasn't even a top five dive in the series.

And how Malkin wasn't given a Penalty Shot, I will never understand. Hoy cow.

Great bounceback by Mr Anderson. Michalek was glad to have Giggles back, and I love that Greening kid.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how Malkin wasn't given a Penalty Shot, I will never understand. Hoy cow.

But we got this gem out of it:
Penguins vs. Senators: Evgeni Malkin shows his displeasure to the camera - SBNation.com

Anderson played a hell of a game he flat out won that game for the Sens and if he stays hot look out. In reality both goalies were pretty good in this game so it can truly be said the same for Vokoun whose team is up 2-1 still. But, not too often you say that in Penguins playoff game the last few seasons that both goalies play well....

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we got this gem out of it:
Penguins vs. Senators: Evgeni Malkin shows his displeasure to the camera - SBNation.com

Anderson played a hell of a game he flat out won that game for the Sens and if he stays hot look out. In reality both goalies were pretty good in this game so it can truly be said the same for Vokoun whose team is up 2-1 still. But, not too often you say that in Penguins playoff game the last few seasons that both goalies play well....

I toyed with making that Malkin pic the desktop wallpaper of a co-worker who despises everything Pittsburgh related.

Vokoun was sharp, but he didn't have the rebound control last night. and his body language really showed his displeasure at the OT goal. Weird to suggest he needs a bounceback game after 46 saves and a double OT 2-1 loss, but I will be curious how he responds.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I toyed with making that Malkin pic the desktop wallpaper of a co-worker who despises everything Pittsburgh related.

Vokoun was sharp, but he didn't have the rebound control last night. and his body language really showed his displeasure at the OT goal. Weird to suggest he needs a bounceback game after 46 saves and a double OT 2-1 loss, but I will be curious how he responds.

It will be an interesting game 4. If he gives up an early goal I have a feeling it will be a lot more. He has to make a few great saves early.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, my gut says the Pens come out HARD in game 4. I expected to lose (not in that way) game 3...but I think they roll in game 4. That said, my gut hasn't been very good these playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, my gut says the Pens come out HARD in game 4. I expected to lose (not in that way) game 3...but I think they roll in game 4. That said, my gut hasn't been very good these playoffs.

I expected the Senators to roll in game three, being at home and getting the boost of Spezza returning to the lineup. The game the Penguins played was really encouraging to me, aside from the last 30 seconds.

I do think the Penguins are in trouble, though, if they don't win game four. Too much momentum for the Sens.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected the Senators to roll in game three, being at home and getting the boost of Spezza returning to the lineup. The game the Penguins played was really encouraging to me, aside from the last 30 seconds.

I do think the Penguins are in trouble, though, if they don't win game four. Too much momentum for the Sens.

That was the best the Sens had to offer last night, that's for sure...and it took them until the last :30 to get there.

But also: Could Bylsma's Ego Ruin Pens' Cup Chances? | The Hockey Writers

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens have done this shit before. Nov 15 2010, Inexcusable.

Ryan Callahan scored an overtime goal to lift the New York Rangers to a 3-2 win over the Penguins at Pittsburgh Monday night.

Callahan converted a perfect pass from Brandon Dubinsky on a 2-on-1 3:38 into the extra session for the game-winner.

The Rangers’ Erik Christensen opened the scoring midway through the second period. Christensen netted his third goal of the season assisted by Ruslan Fedotenko and Matt Gilroy.

Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist preserved the lead when he robbed Chris Kunitz in the opening seconds of a Penguins’ power play with 4:22 to play in the third period. But Kunitz lifted a rebound over Lundqvist a couple of minutes later to tie the game 1-1.

Pittsburgh then took the lead when Matt Cooke blasted a wrist shot by Lundqvist just 38 seconds later.

To make matters worse, after the goal Lundqvist smashed his stick on the net and was given an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

But New York’s Marc Staal picked up a loose puck and scored a shorthanded goal just 27 seconds later to tie the game at 2-2 with 1:36 to play and Callahan scored his fifth of the season in overtime to win it.

Lundqvist stopped 37 shots for New York (10-7-1), while Marc-Andre Fleury made 22 saves for the Penguins (9-8-2).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

There was a lot of flow stolen from them by those bastards in stripes. Both by what they called and what they missed.

And Michalek got noticeably more confident as the game went on. JG Pageau showed another gear late as well.

Thus far in the series it was their best performance. Spezza was meh, but I agree that Michalek was feeding off of his return.