• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I generally don't like to complain about the Refs because the team shouldn't have been in a close position in the first place, however yesterday I felt they were dog shit down the stretch. Marc Davis made numerous terrible calls, all which benefited the Clippers. He gave them a time out when the Clippers didn't even have possession. He called the charge call, when it was a clear block on Beverly. Those were just off the top of my head. I don't know the figures, but it certainly felt like he made the majority of the calls, all against the Warriors especially in the 4th quarters.
This seemed to be the case from the very start of the game.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Webber made a good point last night that backcourt play is the biggest key to beating the Warriors. Harrell is doing well, but Lou Williams has gone off in the two Clipper wins. The only time that the Warriors lost a series during this run was against Cleveland, and it wasn't because guys like Love, Tristan Thompson, and Mozgov were going off. It was because of Kyrie and LeBron, who were both scorching hot from the perimeter.
He also said that gallinari is one of his favorite players. Out of all the top tier guys in the league, he likes gallinari the best? Webber is an idiot.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry almost won the game with his defense last night. Good thing for the Clippers that they gave up on the Gallinarin v. Steph iso play.
2 key plays where Curry's defense turned the Clips over.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I generally don't like to complain about the Refs because the team shouldn't have been in a close position in the first place, however yesterday I felt they were dog shit down the stretch. Marc Davis made numerous terrible calls, all which benefited the Clippers. He gave them a time out when the Clippers didn't even have possession. He called the charge call, when it was a clear block on Beverly. Those were just off the top of my head. I don't know the figures, but it certainly felt like he made the majority of the calls, all against the Warriors especially in the 4th quarters.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said that gallinari is one of his favorite players. Out of all the top tier guys in the league, he likes gallinari the best? Webber is an idiot.

Well, I guess favorite is different from best.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he the ref that called a foul on Lou's 3 pointer on KD in the 4th? KD never even touched him. lol

Yes, I believe so. KD violated the halo rule

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I believe so. KD violated the halo rule
The timeout without possession though is the kicker. Going back to a convo from the other day about consequences for blatant bad calls. That incident is a great example & should qualify for consequence....like not letting him officiate during the post season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"rainbow"
Exactly. Monty misses his rainbows. Apparently they were getting out of hand on the politics forum so they got rid of those and the bullshit one. I think it's dumb, we should have more ways to vote/emoji on a post not less

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that you would think I care. More importantly I was correct about this series going 7 and the Warriors being to exhausted to compete with the Rockets

You do realize that if the Warriors win game 6, it's over? So no, you haven't been validated that this series would go 7 yet. And I really don't care if you care or not. @bksballer89 made a funny post and I acknowledged it. Get over yourself.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he the ref that called a foul on Lou's 3 pointer on KD in the 4th? KD never even touched him. lol
Kd also wasn't touched on his 4 pont play.

I haven't gone back to read the thread.

But, are y'all really complaining about the refs?

How about complaining about the Dubs dogshit defense?

About how they played down to the competition?

About how Draymond is a complete NO SHOW on either side of the ball?

The game should have never been close enough for those calls to matter.

ETA : Yes, they were bad calls.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guilty of complaining about the refs. Again, generally I don't, but there were a bunch of big swing plays down the stretch that favored the Clippers. The outcome wasn't decided by the refs, but it just sucks.

The defense ultimately is what lost the Warriors the game.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You look at rosters right now, it was blaspehmous that this shit even went 5. The fact that the Clippers have taken 2 games on the Dubs' home court is pathetic on the Warriors part.

Edit: My hot take on this series alone is that if Draymond doesn't turn his performance around, he'll likely be on his way out of Golden State sooner than expected. Whether KD re-signs or not (which the latter's almost definitive).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look at rosters right now, it was blaspehmous that this shit even went 5. The fact that the Clippers have taken 2 games on the Dubs' home court is pathetic on the Warriors part.
It's arrogance.

Like , let's be honest.....

Clippers had lost like 12-15 straight times to the Dubs.

Lots of those beatings were in the 25-40 point range.

They expected them to lay down.

Shit, I expected them to lay down.

The Blake/Paul era would have.

The Clippers 2 wins are rooted in pure effort, not skill.

If the Dubs play to their potential, game 6 should be over by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guilty of complaining about the refs. Again, generally I don't, but there were a bunch of big swing plays down the stretch that favored the Clippers. The outcome wasn't decided by the refs, but it just sucks.

I'm guilty of complaining about the refs :pound:

bunch of big swing plays down the stretch that favored the Clippers :pound:

So you saying when the Warriors win that's what should happen but when they don't it's not their fault? Seems to me that the Clippers were the better team last night rather than blaming those swing plays that usually go GS's way but didn't.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You usually don't complain.

But, I can admit some of this calls were just...what in the entire FUCK...LOL

That timeout?

Really?

Da fuq you call timeout when you aren't in possession of the ball?

Beverely stepped under Klay while he was in the air...block?

Lmgao

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guilty of complaining about the refs :pound:

bunch of big swing plays down the stretch that favored the Clippers :pound:

So you saying when the Warriors win that's what should happen but when they don't it's not their fault? Seems to me that the Clippers were the better team last night rather than blaming those swing plays that usually go GS's way but didn't.
The Clippers were definitely better last night. They played like they gave a shit, the Dubs took another game off for some reason. Obviously the Ws are more talented but effort matters