• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Celtics vs. 6) Pacers

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with the Lakers. People always bitching about the FT disparity but the Lakers attack the paint, have mid range and shoot 3's.
They are not the only team that does that, far from it. The disparity the last 2 years has been obscene.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not. Why can't there be a TV ref as part of every crew if the regular crew can't see everything on the court? There were jerseys held on the pivotal inbounds play too. If the guys calling the game can see it, so would a TV official, and in real time or at least close to it.

The old "human element" defense really doesn't hold water when the technology exists to assist. The human element defense just ultimately means they are fine with the missed calls, "all part of the game" lol.

That is exactly what I have been saying all along.

Stop complaining about it.

Humans are never going to get it right.

Complain about the NBA being unwilling to use technology that they obviously have.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not. Why can't there be a TV ref as part of every crew if the regular crew can't see everything on the court? There were jerseys held on the pivotal inbounds play too. If the guys calling the game can see it, so would a TV official, and in real time or at least close to it.

It is impossible to officiate. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be a need to be looking for technology to assist.

The old "human element" defense really doesn't hold water when the technology exists to assist. The human element defense just ultimately means they are fine with the missed calls, "all part of the game" lol.

It holds water if that technology isn't made available to them. People want to bitch about the refs when their issue should be with the league for not providing that technology.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league should want to be part of the solution and try to get better. I agree with @tlance that the officials need assistance.

Yeah, some folks act like the refs miss calls on purpose or aren't trying to call the game correctly. I don't care how old a ref is, the only people who can keep up with NBA players running down the court on a quick possession change are other NBA players. And not even all of them can do it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is impossible to officiate. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be a need to be looking for technology to assist.

It holds water if that technology isn't made available to them. People want to bitch about the refs when their issue should be with the league for not providing that technology.

All I'm hearing are excuses, and lame ones at that. The NFL is already using officials with video access.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, some folks act like the refs miss calls on purpose or aren't trying to call the game correctly. I don't care how old a ref is, the only people who can keep up with NBA players running down the court on a quick possession change are other NBA players. And not even all of them can do it.

Again, excuses. The crew should be equally spread in the halfcourt, with an official near mid court for transition. Athleticism is an issue in extreme cases, but not in the vast majority of bad/missed calls.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the opposite, I think the NBA should make their officials part-time employees like a real professional league.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the pacers to win 2 games at home.still see Celtics in 6 hopefully.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm hearing are excuses, and lame ones at that. The NFL is already using officials with video access.

It's not excuses. It's a fact that thed league hasn't provided the technology. Bitch about the league not providing it.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy that an officiating argument broke out after one of the best officiated games of the postseason that I have seen this postseason happened.

There were a couple of missed calls (the bad one was the Haliburton layup mugging that comes to mind). But not many.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are in-bounding the ball with 10 seconds left in the game and you are up by 3, you must win that game, Can't choke like that

Yea that was ridiculous.. no way that game should have gone to OT.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that was ridiculous.. no way that game should have gone to OT.

I had just said game over while watching after the foul preceding that, not realizing they had one to give. That game getting to OT was a comedy of errors.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, excuses. The crew should be equally spread in the halfcourt, with an official near mid court for transition. Athleticism is an issue in extreme cases, but not in the vast majority of bad/missed calls.

They are.

It is still very hard to get in position.

At the NBA level, Those transition plays go from one end to the other in about 2-3 seconds.

Only way a ref has a chance to get in front of that is if they are in a track stance.