• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 09/01/17: Yanks win, Dodgers lose 5th straight, & Stros acquire JV

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didnt, Dorsett is as big a bust as their is in the NFL, he's now behind about 6 other guys on the depth chart

24 years old and that is how you label him.

If I didn't know better, I'd guess that youre a Patriots hater.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 years old and that is how you label him.

If I didn't know better, I'd guess that youre a Patriots hater.

It's amazingly obvious they took what they could get for a player they were cutting, whether I like the Pats or not, it's silly to suggest this is the "Phil Dorsett" trade, he will be a virtual non factor

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazingly obvious they took what they could get for a player they were cutting, whether I like the Pats or not, it's silly to suggest this is the "Phil Dorsett" trade, he will be a virtual non factor

No.

It's amazingly obvious that they didnt cut him.

It's also amazingly obvious that your intent is to minimalize the value of a 24 year old 2 years removed from the first round who has off the charts speed and athleticism.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO holy shit this clown is talking up Dorsett like he's any good

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

It's amazingly obvious that they didnt cut him.

It's also amazingly obvious that your intent is to minimalize the value of a 24 year old 2 years removed from the first round who has off the charts speed and athleticism.

this isnt baseball....In the NFL, by 24 years old and couple of years in the league in a high octane offense, you have a pretty good feeling of what a kid is going to be.....This wasnt a kid stuck in a situation like a lotta guys, that had a shitty QB throwing to him, in a bad offense....Luck and the Colts have been one of the higher scoring teams in the NFL, with one of the worst defenses, constantly playing from behind, and up tempo, and he was a big ZERO in that offense

Cooks
Gronk
Mitchell
Hogan
Amendola
3 good pass catching backs

Dorsett

Lets talk in 6 weeks, when this kid has about 7 catches for 67 yards on the season

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isnt baseball....In the NFL, by 24 years old and couple of years in the league in a high octane offense, you have a pretty good feeling of what a kid is going to be.....This wasnt a kid stuck in a situation like a lotta guys, that had a shitty QB throwing to him, in a bad offense....Luck and the Colts have been one of the higher scoring teams in the NFL, with one of the worst defenses, constantly playing from behind, and up tempo, and he was a big ZERO in that offense

Cooks
Gronk
Mitchell
Hogan
Amendola
3 good pass catching backs

Dorsett

Lets talk in 6 weeks, when this kid has about 7 catches for 67 yards on the season

Yeah, you probably know more than Belichick.

My intent is not to talk the guy up like the next Randy Moss. I'm just saying that kicking dirt on his career at this point when he played half of his rookie year with Matt Hasselbeck throwing him the ball and the other half with a broken down Andrew Luck? I'm not ready just yet to say that he's going to be a zero in what looks to be the best offense the NFL has ever seen.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you probably know more than Belichick.

My intent is not to talk the guy up like the next Randy Moss. I'm just saying that kicking dirt on his career at this point when he played half of his rookie year with Matt Hasselbeck throwing him the ball and the other half with a broken down Andrew Luck? I'm not ready just yet to say that he's going to be a zero in what looks to be the best offense the NFL has ever seen.

Very possible, but i doubt very much he plays any part in that

Its a lottery ticket, and Id never doubt BB....All offseason the COlts were trying to give away Dorsett and couldnt find a taker....BB has a QB he is gonna cut, and says "Fuck it, lets take a shot".....NOt blaming them for the move, just dis-agree completely that there is any significant upside there

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very possible, but i doubt very much he plays any part in that

Its a lottery ticket, and Id never doubt BB....All offseason the COlts were trying to give away Dorsett and couldnt find a taker....BB has a QB he is gonna cut, and says "Fuck it, lets take a shot".....NOt blaming them for the move, just dis-agree completely that there is any significant upside there

Whether or not they were actually going to cut him was a complete matter speculation. Most everything that the local media covering the team says was that they weren't going to cut him.

Now I'm almost never the one to say things like what the media says is Gospel. But I have my opinion and Coach Rock has his opinion. So I suppose the actions of the team combined with the overall pulse of the folks around the team all the time? Should win the day.

Most folks said they weren't going to cut him. They didn't cut him.

Coach lost our bet. But for some reason a couple folks here seem to be arguing on his behalf.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not they were actually going to cut him was a complete matter speculation. Most everything that the local media covering the team says was that they weren't going to cut him.

Now I'm almost never the one to say things like what the media says is Gospel. But I have my opinion and Coach Rock has his opinion. So I suppose the actions of the team combined with the overall pulse of the folks around the team all the time? Should win the day.

Most folks said they weren't going to cut him. They didn't cut him.

Coach lost our bet. But for some reason a couple folks here seem to be arguing on his behalf.

My only problem is you are basically suggesting "If the Pats couldnt get Philip Dorsett, they wouldnt have cut Brissett", and I have a hard time believing that

Im with you on the fact that it seems strange they would cut him, he is automatically the best QB on the COlts not named Luck, but getting a WR that may or may not be on the practice squad at some point this season, is pretty close to cutting him.......But technically, id say you won the bet

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only problem is you are basically suggesting "If the Pats couldnt get Philip Dorsett, they wouldnt have cut Brissett", and I have a hard time believing that

Im with you on the fact that it seems strange they would cut him, he is automatically the best QB on the COlts not named Luck, but getting a WR that may or may not be on the practice squad at some point this season, is pretty close to cutting him.......But technically, id say you won the bet

I dont think they were cutting him, regardless.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neil walker is an absolutely pathetic base runner. Hope he's hungover. Never seen a guy mess up 3 straight times in one inning

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Sale is just fine @Rock Strongo
He is

his ERA over his last 6 starts is 4.38, yet opponents are hitting .217...nearly the same its been all year.

70% strikes
37 IP
53 k's
8 walks
4 HR

a .314 BaBip doesnt help over that stretch

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is

his ERA over his last 6 starts is 4.38, yet opponents are hitting .217...nearly the same its been all year.

70% strikes
37 IP
53 k's
8 walks
4 HR

Let's look at his last 4

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach, you aren't trying to play like you won this are you?
uhhh

you said they were carrying 3 QB's

i laughed at you, belly laughed

i said he'd get cut

he was going to, but the colts needed a QB with luck hurting so a trade was made.

if lucks ok, brissett is on the streets

i have your avatar. not a good look for a new guy if you welch...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost the bet because Belichick traded a player he would ultimately cut otherwise? No, that's not how it works. Bill had already decided that he didn't want Brisketburger to be the third string QB. Being able to trade him instead of cutting him was just a bonus.
this

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is

70% strikes
37 IP
53 k's
8 walks
4 HR

Feels like a different guy

Makes sense, he's 80lbs throwing 100mph for 5 months

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly enough, Austin Carr was cut, though.
i said he might be. doesnt have the break away speed and qujickness to separate from NFL DB's.

i said this a few times here. quotes available.

i just liked his hustle and heart.