• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 07-26-17: Red Sox lose again and yanks keep on winning

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Frazier will always remember his first home at-bat as a member of the New York Yankees.

And not for all good reasons.

Frazier, acquired by the Yankees last week as part of a deal with the Chicago White Sox, came up with the bases loaded in the second inning Tuesday night and proceeded to bounce into a triple play against the Cincinnati Reds.

With rookie Reds starter Luis Castillo on the mound at Yankee Stadium, Matt Holliday singled to right, Didi Gregorius singled to right and Chase Headleysingled to left to load the bases in the second.

Frazier, batting seventh, hit a hard grounder up the middle. Reds shortstop Jose Peraza fielded it, stepped on second and threw to first. Gregorius, who had been on second base, held up when the ball was hit in case it was caught. He was late to advance, and first baseman Joey Votto's throw across the diamond caught him in a rundown. Gregorius was called out for running wide of the baseline while trying to avoid a tag.

It went down as a 6-3-5-6 triple play and was the second of that variety in Major League Baseball history. The other was turned by the Pittsburgh Piratesagainst the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1970.

It also marked the first triple play turned by Cincinnati since 1995 and the first against the Yankees since 2011.

An inauspicious start to his Yankees career to be sure. Frazier's a fag anyway. Fuck him and the Yankees.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An inauspicious start to his Yankees career to be sure. Frazier's a fag anyway. Fuck him and the Yankees.

Yankees apparently looking into Gray and Alonso, which I would assume ends' Chase Headleys days as a Yankee....And amazingly, when he only plays vs righties like he should, he's been on fire since the break

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They panicked and signed him. too bad it will do nothing.

Oh, come on. Have some faith. Dave Dombrowski is a great, great GM.

giphy.gif

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Red Sox and the Drombowski they rode in on.

Best thing that could happen is that the team plane gets caught in the worst perfect storm ever and is forced to land in Antarctica and their radio fails.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees apparently looking into Gray and Alonso, which I would assume ends' Chase Headleys days as a Yankee....And amazingly, when he only plays vs righties like he should, he's been on fire since the break

Chase Headley was involved in my first banning from tHoop. I'd just joined and saw Hammer talking about how he was sure that Headley was so disappointed to be traded to NY. Here's the recap:

Slinky: Yes, I'm sure Headley is extra disappointed to be traded away from the perennial shit pile Padres to the most iconic team in the majors. Probably crying in his drink as we speak.

Hammer: Players love to play in San Diego. Everyone knows this. I can name tons of players who give discounts just so they can play for the Padres.

Slinky: No you can't because those aren't discounts for playing with the Padres, they're discounts because those players suck balls and would be in AAA with any other franchise.

Hammer: You're an unfunny asshole and I'm banning you.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Headley was involved in my first banning from tHoop. I'd just joined and saw Hammer talking about how he was sure that Headley was so disappointed to be traded to NY. Here's the recap:

Slinky: Yes, I'm sure Headley is extra disappointed to be traded away from the perennial shit pile Padres to the most iconic team in the majors. Probably crying in his drink as we speak.

Hammer: Players love to play in San Diego. Everyone knows this. I can name tons of players who give discounts just so they can play for the Padres.

Slinky: No you can't because those aren't discounts for playing with the Padres, they're discounts because those players suck balls and would be in AAA with any other franchise.

It's times like this I miss Hammer.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hammers' greatest hatreds were reserved for Tom Brady first and foremost, and than everything else NY/Boston related

Im sure players love LIVING in San Diego, but Im also pretty sure there have to be some of them that actually care about having a chance to play winning baseball

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellow Red Sox fans, would you rather have Mike Hazen and Torey Lovullo right now, or Dombrowski and Farrell?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game back in the east now. What a time to he alive

"And with that, Todd Frazier's debut at-bat with the New York Yankees is a Triple Play...what an entrance"
--Michael Kay

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He banned me for mentioning Zig's House of Intellectuals and Born Again Ass Kickers. Just for mentioning a rival board. Jealous l'il puss.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
noooooooooooooooo

Devers could be headed back to Triple-A Pawtucket after the Red Sox acquired Eduardo Nunez from the Giants, Chad Jennings of the Boston Herald reports.
Spin:
It would certainly be unusual for a team to call up its top prospect only to send him down a few days later, but president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski left open that possibility, saying Boston's decision-makers will "wait and handle that question" about who's sent down to make room for Nunez. Even if Devers remains in Boston, the Nunez arrival is expected to impact the rookie's playing time. Dombrowski said Nunez should get regular playing time, and we doubt that will come at the expense of either shortstop Xander Bogaerts or second baseman Dustin Pedroia. Devers had a quiet, but effective MLB debut Tuesday against the Mariners, going 0-for-4 with two walks and a run scored.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, come on. Have some faith. Dave Dombrowski is a great, great GM.

giphy.gif

my faith has been lost with last nights loss and Farrell's reliance on Fister

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammers' greatest hatreds were reserved for Tom Brady first and foremost, and than everything else NY/Boston related

Im sure players love LIVING in San Diego, but Im also pretty sure there have to be some of them that actually care about having a chance to play winning baseball

San Diego is a nice place to visit and all, but, white people were meant to live in a climate that has four distinctive seasons. We aren't equator dwellers. The equator is for brown skinned people. And yuh, I knows da San Dego ain't on da equatuh, but she close 'nough, beech.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
noooooooooooooooo

Devers could be headed back to Triple-A Pawtucket after the Red Sox acquired Eduardo Nunez from the Giants, Chad Jennings of the Boston Herald reports.
Spin:
It would certainly be unusual for a team to call up its top prospect only to send him down a few days later, but president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski left open that possibility, saying Boston's decision-makers will "wait and handle that question" about who's sent down to make room for Nunez. Even if Devers remains in Boston, the Nunez arrival is expected to impact the rookie's playing time. Dombrowski said Nunez should get regular playing time, and we doubt that will come at the expense of either shortstop Xander Bogaerts or second baseman Dustin Pedroia. Devers had a quiet, but effective MLB debut Tuesday against the Mariners, going 0-for-4 with two walks and a run scored.

Sometimes these guys arent ready, despite what the numbers say

Chance Adams has been dominating the minors for 2 years, but obviously for some reason the Yankees dont think he's ready to make the leap

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
noooooooooooooooo

Spin:

Then why the hell did he get brought up then. This organization is flat out stupid right now, stupid!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why the hell did he get brought up then. This organization is flat out stupid right now, stupid!
nunez can play like 4 positions, so i dont see him taking a lot of devers time.

3rd is devers now, unless its a lefty...which will change next year.