• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

0-4....need help!

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is my roster:

Newton, Vick
TRich, Spiller, Miller, MJD, Pierce
Dre, Jordy, Decker, Thompkins, Royal, Tavon
Cameron
Titans
Dawson

I was feeling pretty damn good after the draft about my chances to three peat, but now I'm sitting at 0-4 and will need a miracle to get back into the thick of things. I feel like I have a good team, but several key guys are just not producing yet. Too top it off all off, my opponents are averaging 128 friggin points against me...

If I were to try to package a Spiller/Decker type deal together, what kind of player could I realistically expect in return? There are several teams with either one stud WR or RB with a lackluster group surrounding them, but I'm guessing the type of player I would want in return would all be in "off limit" category.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is my roster:

Newton, Vick
TRich, Spiller, Miller, MJD, Pierce
Dre, Jordy, Decker, Thompkins, Royal, Tavon
Cameron
Titans
Dawson

I was feeling pretty damn good after the draft about my chances to three peat, but now I'm sitting at 0-4 and will need a miracle to get back into the thick of things. I feel like I have a good team, but several key guys are just not producing yet. Too top it off all off, my opponents are averaging 128 friggin points against me...

If I were to try to package a Spiller/Decker type deal together, what kind of player could I realistically expect in return? There are several teams with either one stud WR or RB with a lackluster group surrounding them, but I'm guessing the type of player I would want in return would all be in "off limit" category.

The way I look at your situation is since your are in such a hole, I think its appropriate to sacrifice depth for your starting lineup. Consolidate your points in 1 or 2 positions you need to improve most. That's just my opinion and others may not agree. I just don't think depth is important if your points are spread all over and it spills to your bench. Hope that makes sense?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Spiller/Decker offer, I think you are right on with expecting a top player. You need to target another team that's desperate and offer them what they need most. Maybe you could snag a stud?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go with Spiller/MJD and see if you can get someone like Jamaal Charles. I have him and would probably give him up for that.

I don't think your WR corp is strong enough to get rid of Decker

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go with Spiller/MJD and see if you can get someone like Jamaal Charles. I have him and would probably give him up for that.

I don't think your WR corp is strong enough to get rid of Decker

1. You'd give up Charles for those 2 right now? That seems powerfully risky unless I'm missing something.

2. I actually really like the duo of Jordy and Andre as a 1-2 punch. Decker is a hell of an asset IMO.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta keep in mind that my league scoring is considerably different than anyone else's. I'd consider it but not sure if I would do it or not.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta keep in mind that my league scoring is considerably different than anyone else's. I'd consider it but not sure if I would do it or not.

Bah, that's right. That makes sense.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You'd give up Charles for those 2 right now? That seems powerfully risky unless I'm missing something.

2. I actually really like the duo of Jordy and Andre as a 1-2 punch. Decker is a hell of an asset IMO.

I would kill to get Charles for that but, I don't see it happening either. I feel great about Jordy and Dre as well, especially with Jordy having a bye already. We'll see how Thompkins does when Gronk gets back, but I would feel pretty good about him being a 3rd option. I love having Decker, I just think I might have package him to get anything really good.

One guy has specifically expressed interest in Decker.

He has Luck, Jamal, Gio, Reggie, Starks, SJax, McGahee, Demaryius, Edelman, Bowe, Shorts, Graham, Julius Thomas.

I was really hoping Vick would another big time game so I could dangle him out there as well, but that didn't happen.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would kill to get Charles for that but, I don't see it happening either. I feel great about Jordy and Dre as well, especially with Jordy having a bye already. We'll see how Thompkins does when Gronk gets back, but I would feel pretty good about him being a 3rd option. I love having Decker, I just think I might have package him to get anything really good.

One guy has specifically expressed interest in Decker.

He has Luck, Jamal, Gio, Reggie, Starks, SJax, McGahee, Demaryius, Edelman, Bowe, Shorts, Graham, Julius Thomas.

I was really hoping Vick would another big time game so I could dangle him out there as well, but that didn't happen.

Jesus what is this, a 4 man league? That dude is absolutely stacked.

If he really wants Decker, go for it. Decker and CJ for Reggie could get it done.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus what is this, a 4 man league? That dude is absolutely stacked.

If he really wants Decker, go for it. Decker and CJ for Reggie could get it done.

Lol...believe it or not, it's a 10 man. There are a couple teams with absolute garbage and no players worth trading for. Sad thing is I'm still getting crushed by these teams head to head. The crappy thing is I know CJ will eventually end up putting up great #'s, and I'd hate to load this guy up anymore than he is, but if I don't turn it around this week, it's probably going to be a lost cause.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...believe it or not, it's a 10 man. There are a couple teams with absolute garbage and no players worth trading for. Sad thing is I'm still getting crushed by these teams head to head. The crappy thing is I know CJ will eventually end up putting up great #'s, and I'd hate to load this guy up anymore than he is, but if I don't turn it around this week, it's probably going to be a lost cause.

I wouldn't be so sure. He is a little dinged up and clearly Marrone was lying through his teeth about how much they were gonna use him. He doesn't look like the Spiller of 2012 this year, either. He just looks slower.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on my way to being 0-4 as well :noidea:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Mine: (I just picked up Snelling yesterday)

Matt Ryan
Julian Edelman
D.Bowe
dez Bryant
cj spiller
r. matthews
A. Gates
sam Bradford
steven jackson
c. clay
ted ginn jr
James Jones
Mike williams
Justin Tucker
Bengals D

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN YOU GRAHAM!!! LOL

I'm now 0-4 :gaah:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you can get a stud back for spiller i would not trade him... He is one of those players that is playing poorly right now but having him play well is better than any trade you can make... His value is getting smaller and smaller, so you are not going to get great value for him... If you trade him, then you must get one of charles,peterson,lynch,mccoy,calvin,aaron rodgers, peyton manning...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 0-4 also with a lineup of

Ryan
Wallace
Avery
Rice
Gore
Witten
Daniels
Josh Brown
Cincy D/ST

These are my weekly starters. I need better WRs and Witten is very inconsistent

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice and Mike Wallace are absolutely killing me.