• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zimmer

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really happy to see Mike Zimmer get a win in his first game with the Vikings. I wanted us to fire Red and hire this guy. I think watching him in Minnesota will be like watching Sean Payton coach the Saints, a great assistant for the Cowboys that became an outstanding HC for someone else.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the first Head Coach the Vikings have ever brought on during my time that I wasn't massively disappointed with from day 1. Thus far, he is looking like the real deal, something Minnesota hasn't had in a very long time.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more with the OP - I think it was/is a huge missed opportunity not bringing him back to Dallas. He has been a personal favorite of mine for a long time. I don't see the point in dragging Jason Garrett along any more. He's not the guy. How many offensive guru's and o coordinators does one team need before they're willing to admit a mistake? It's kind of pathetic imo. We've got at least three former head coaches on staff and can't put together a competitive product against basically a second string defense. Clean house. I think it just all boils back to the owner/gm/president refusing to allow a coach with sack to run this team. The man (jerry) couldn't even respect the simple rule of "don't bring any non-personel in the locker room on game day" Anyways, I'm getting way off topic now so to sum up: good post, and I was and am glad he got that opening day win too. I think he'll be good, he's been one of the best co-ordinators for many years now so there's no reason to think otherwise. I think as a team they're still a ways off but give em a couple years.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a great defensive mind and even had the 3-4 defense playing well befoe he moved on. Knows how to put players in position to succeed unlike current staff. We continue to see carr and clayburn struggle in zone

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a great defensive mind and even had the 3-4 defense playing well befoe he moved on. Knows how to put players in position to succeed unlike current staff. We continue to see carr and clayburn struggle in zone

Won't be long before the speculation runs rampant about the new HC starting next season.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will be interesting to see what Zimmer and Norv can put together there.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really happy to see Mike Zimmer get a win in his first game with the Vikings. I wanted us to fire Red and hire this guy. I think watching him in Minnesota will be like watching Sean Payton coach the Saints, a great assistant for the Cowboys that became an outstanding HC for someone else.
Yeah I went to the vikes board & threw out my congrats to Zimmer :thumb: