• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zimmer is Gonna Stay I hope Gruden Leaves

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And give Hue Jackson a shot! Marv has been trying to get Hue on the staff as OC for a very long time...Bring a top 10 offense here with our Top 10 defense 55 Million and 3 picks in the top 55 and we are in the AFC Champ game in 2014. Hard schedule and all.....

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton can't throw the deep ball. I'm not sure how Dalton would work in Jacksons scheme.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not that he doesn't throw the deep ball, its that his deep ball only goes 30 yards.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hue will get him to improve....Hue will also add in more short routes...Hue will also keep true to the run game backed by how DMC performed in his offense...We will see 25 runs a game...The protections and blocking schemes will be different... I believe Hue will get the best out of our WR's like he did with Chad and TJ....I will take a guy who has put up top 10 numbers in the LEAGUE than a guy who has only taken us to the 20's ALL DAY LONG!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And give Hue Jackson a shot! Marv has been trying to get Hue on the staff as OC for a very long time...Bring a top 10 offense here with our Top 10 defense 55 Million and 3 picks in the top 55 and we are in the AFC Champ game in 2014. Hard schedule and all.....

Even with Gruden we can be a top 10 offense with our upcoming FA money to spend, the draft, etc. The only question mark is, will Dalton be able to improve? He took a step back this last year, struggled in important games, and went into a nose dive to end the season. It is all up to Dalton to turn the fortunes of this offense around.

My ideal offseason:

League Free Agency:
Sign Reggie Bush to be BJGE compliment and 3rd down back. (2 years)
Sign LaRon Landry to be our new SS opposite Reggie Nelson. (3 years)

Resign:
DE, Michael Johnson
DE, Carlos Dunlap
LB, Thomas Howard
CB, Adam Jones
OT, Andre Smith
K, Josh Brown

Extend:
Geno Atkins

Draft:
#1: CB, Xavier Rhodes
#2a: S, Eric Reid
#2b: OT, Chris Faulk
#3: OLB, Zavier Gooden
#4: RB, Knile Davis**
#5: WR, Marcus Davis
#6: QB, Collin Klein
#7: Best Available Player

** Knile Davis had a poor year and got injured so his stock has fallen pretty far right now. Depending on the combine he could sore back up the charts, but with his size and speed, if he doesn't excel at the Combine, he is worth the pick easily. He is currently ranked by CBS Sports as the #26 RB in the draft and being a college free agent. However at 6'0" / 226 / and recorded speed with high of 4.33 to low of 4.52 speed, he should be worth the pick.

Improve the depth of our secondary with the LaRon Landry signing and the picks of Xavier Rhodes and Eric Reid, along with Nelson, Hall, Jones, Fitzpatrick, we should have a very solid secondary for years. Add Zavier Gooden in as our SAM, 6'2", 230 with 4.49 speed, move Burfict inside to MLB, and resign Howard for WILL, our LB core I would think has a chance to vastly improve with Maualuga gone and a coverage LB lined up in the SAM, it looks promising.

OT, Chris Faulk could be a small project, but has beast potential. Would be good to have someone to groom to take over for Whitworth soon, because he looks like he is losing a step on the speed rushers.

WR, Marcus Davis got dinged by CBS Sports and is projected as a college free agent, but I feel his size and speed, along with being the best weapon for the Hookies is well worth the pick in the 5th, probably higher. He is probably going to burn up the combine and shoot up to the second round, but if not, the 5th round is a no brainer to me regardless of what CBS says.

With all that said, it all depends on Dalton. Would be nice to nab a guy like QB, EJ Manuel from Florida State in the draft to push Dalton, but Manuel is projected to go in the 2nd to 4th round, and not sure we need to spend a pick on a QB that high this year. However, at 6'4" 240 pounds and 4.64 speed, he could prove to be a decent backup QB if nothing else.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its playcalling with Gruden along with Andy's issues...also Gruden abandons the run to much...Play selection is suspect...NOT as bad as Brat's but Im not happy with it either...

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:clap:

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xavier Rhodes isn't a 1st round prospect.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One other advantage, Hue may have been blackballed to a degree as a HC after his stint with Oakland. He took them down the crapper, especially with the trade of Palmer, calling his players out the way he did, etc.

If he was the OC, we wouldn't have to worry about replacing our OC for probably 6 to 8 years, giving us some continuity for our offense, like we will Gruden every single year. Each year, he will be courted by 2 or 3 teams until he finally finds the one he wants, which could be this year. Hopefully if we have Hue as our OC for 6 to 8 years, he does not suck as bad as he did as a HC.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think he sucked...I think his style just wasnt accepted.... I know 1 thing he put up better numbers than Gruden did in his 2 years there.....

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mean he was 8-8 AKA mediocrity...wasnt like he went 2-14

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he sucked...I think his style just wasnt accepted.... I know 1 thing he put up better numbers than Gruden did in his 2 years there.....

It wasn't his record as much as the way he handled his team. When they started going down in flames, he blamed the team and took little to no responsibility. The trade of Palmer is hurting Oakland since last year, and probably will for a couple more.

As an offenisve coordinator, hopefully he can be much better, and if so, then 6-8 years of knowing who your coordinator is going to be will be helpful.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xavier Rhodes isn't a 1st round prospect.

...you mean he wasn't on whatever internet mock draft board you looked at. Let's call a spade a spade here.

I will inform you that on others, he is. Also, as someone who watches a shitload of ACC football, I can tell you I think he looks better than David Amerson, whom you're in love with. They're similar sizes, All-Americans, etc.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...you mean he wasn't on whatever internet mock draft board you looked at. Let's call a spade a spade here.

I will inform you that on others, he is. Also, as someone who watches a shitload of ACC football, I can tell you I think he looks better than David Amerson, whom you're in love with. They're similar sizes, All-Americans, etc.

Lol drop your love affair with me. I also didn't want Amerson before the 2nd round. We aren't picking another 1st round CB and we shouldn't. That would be stupid.

They also have Te'o as the 9th best prospect. Should we move up to take him? Should he be a top 10 pick?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol drop your love affair with me. I also didn't want Amerson before the 2nd round. We aren't picking another 1st round CB and we shouldn't. That would be stupid.

They also have Te'o as the 9th best prospect. Should we move up to take him? Should he be a top 10 pick?

Having a bunch of good cover corners in a passing league is stupid? News to me.

Te'o is definitely worth a top 10 pick. Should we move up to grab him. No. I think we can get more value with the picks we have versus selling out for a single player, even if that player is Jones. The juice is not worth the squeeze as long as we keep drafting well.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry to break your heart, there is no love affair. Only someone calling you out on a lot of the BS you spew on this board, especially around draft time.

Your history with ACC players (something I am very familiar with) is laughable.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, right. I spew BS. hahahahahahahahahaahaha god coming from you that is hilarious.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It wasn't his record as much as the way he handled his team. When they started going down in flames, he blamed the team and took little to no responsibility. The trade of Palmer is hurting Oakland since last year, and probably will for a couple more.

As an offenisve coordinator, hopefully he can be much better, and if so, then 6-8 years of knowing who your coordinator is going to be will be helpful.

Hue's firing had nothing to do with Carson. It had everything to do with how he called out his players at the end of the season and his power trip leading up to the end of the season and his attempted power grab after the season.

Hue took a less talented version of a 2-14 team with a QB coming off the couch midseason to 8-8. He's looking pretty good right now.

He is a great OC and good to very good head coach. His mouth cost him his job. At some point, someone will likely interview him for another HC job.